Default We're going to see a lot more of this after the Elections

"Eisboch" wrote in
:

Not too many years ago it was "normal" to be anti-gay. Now, you're
called homophobic.

Eisboch

I used to have a girlfriend who was homophobic. No...wait...that's not
right. She was claustrophobic....something different.

Tim Tim is offline

On Jul 28, 1:15*pm, HK wrote:
* KNOXVILLE, Tennessee (CNN) -- The suspect in a fatal shooting at a
Knoxville church Sunday was motivated by frustration over being unable
to obtain a job and hatred for the liberal movement, police said Monday.
Jim Adkisson, 58, was charged with first-degree murder after Sunday's
shooting at the Knoxville church.

Jim Adkisson, 58, was charged with first-degree murder after Sunday's
shooting at the Knoxville church.

Authorities recovered a four-page letter in which the suspect, Jim
Adkisson, described his feelings and motives, police said.

Adkisson, 58, of Powell, Tennessee, has been charged with one count of
first-degree murder in the shootings at Tennessee Valley Unitarian
Universalist Church.

The gunman killed two adults and wounded seven others before being
overpowered by congregants, authorities said.

The case is being investigated as a hate crime, police said.

"It appears that what brought him to this horrible event was his lack of
being able to obtain a job, his frustration over that, and his stated
hatred for the liberal movement," Knoxville Police Chief Sterling Owen
IV told reporters on Monday.

Authorities also discovered a letter from the state government telling
Adkisson he was having his food stamps reduced or eliminated, police said..

"He did express that frustration, that the liberal movement was getting
more jobs," Owen said. "And he felt like he was being kept out of the
loop because of his age."

* - - - - - - - - - -

I dont' know about that Harry. The mayor of knoxville TN is (R) , 16
of the Senators of TN are (R) and 16 are (D) but 1 is (I), and the
governor is (D) 53 reps are (D) while 44 are (R)

I didn't count judges

So what's going to happen in TN after the election? looks like the
majority of the legislation is (D) as it is.

"Larry" wrote in message
"Eisboch" wrote in
:

Not too many years ago it was "normal" to be anti-gay. Now, you're
called homophobic.

Eisboch

I used to have a girlfriend who was homophobic. No...wait...that's not
right. She was claustrophobic....something different.

Probably only when she was in the elevator with you. 8)

HK HK is offline

Larry wrote:
"Eisboch" wrote in
:

Not too many years ago it was "normal" to be anti-gay. Now, you're
called homophobic.

Eisboch

I used to have a girlfriend who was homophobic. No...wait...that's not
right. She was claustrophobic....something different.

She didn't like to be indoors with you? :)
HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 00:14:12 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 16:23:22 -0400, "Eisboch"
wrote:

"hk" wrote in message
Larry wrote:
HK wrote in news:6f6gllFa3gmfU1
@mid.individual.net:

Unitarian Universalist Church.

Unitarians are gay, are they not?....

The ones I know here are.....
I dunno, Larry. I'm sure some are, since "gayness" is not connected to
any
particular religion. Hell, there probably are some white southern
baptists
who actually follow the teachings of jesus. They're out there
somewhere.
I think gays are Unitarian, Catholic, Jewish, Episcopalian, Buddhist,
most
others and .... ummm .. Atheist.
Not to mention all colors of the rainbow.

Get it - colors - rainbow?

Um...

Never mind.

=================

Who would have guessed that we had so many experts.

Not too many years ago it was "normal" to be anti-gay. Now, you're called
homophobic.

Eisboch

Not so many years ago, it was "normal" to discriminate against women,
blacks, Jews, Catholics, et cetera.

HK HK is offline

- - - - - - - - - -

I dont' know about that Harry. The mayor of knoxville TN is (R) , 16
of the Senators of TN are (R) and 16 are (D) but 1 is (I), and the
governor is (D) 53 reps are (D) while 44 are (R)

I didn't count judges

So what's going to happen in TN after the election? looks like the
majority of the legislation is (D) as it is.

I wasn't referring to anything about Tennessee at all but, rather, to
the number of crazed righties. Their numbers will increase dramatically
after the elections and some will go on shooting sprees. As in "hatred
for the liberal movement," as the news article mentions in the first
paragraph.

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 22:00:05 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

"hk" wrote in message
Larry wrote:
[...]

I disagree.

I'm definitely anti- the gay lifestyle I see promoted in the San Francisco
parades, etc. I am against gays adopting and the use of the word 'marriage'
in whatever union they form with each other.

On the other hand, I'm not obsessed with 'gayness' as are a couple folks
right here on the group. I think they fear they may themselves be gay, and
that fear drives their consistently 'anti gay' rhetoric.

wrote:

"hk" wrote in message
Larry wrote:
HK wrote in news:6f6gllFa3gmfU1
@mid.individual.net:

Unitarian Universalist Church.

Unitarians are gay, are they not?....

The ones I know here are.....

I dunno, Larry. I'm sure some are, since "gayness" is not connected to any
particular religion. Hell, there probably are some white southern baptists
who actually follow the teachings of jesus. They're out there somewhere.

I think gays are Unitarian, Catholic, Jewish, Episcopalian, Buddhist, most
others and .... ummm .. Atheist.

Not to mention all colors of the rainbow.

Get it - colors - rainbow?

Um...

Never mind.

=================

Who would have guessed that we had so many experts.

Not that there is anything wrong with that. :)

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 22:00:05 -0400, "Eisboch"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

"hk" wrote in message
Larry wrote:
[...]

Well, I'll tell the truth.

I'm just plain phobic.

You name it - I'm phobic. :)

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 02:22:34 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

"Larry" wrote in message
.. .
"Eisboch" wrote in
:

Not too many years ago it was "normal" to be anti-gay. Now, you're
called homophobic.

Eisboch

I used to have a girlfriend who was homophobic. No...wait...that's not
right. She was claustrophobic....something different.

Probably only when she was in the elevator with you. 8)

You have no idea how much I wanted to make that joke, but I figured
nobody would get it.

Apparently I should have.