Tim Tim is offline

Default McBushed...

On Jul 27, 2:16*pm, HK wrote:
Tim wrote:
On Jul 27, 9:02 am, "Eisboch" wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

Tim wrote:
On Jul 27, 5:16 am, hk wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message
news:9443ff24-f155-403a-94a4-
http://news.aol.com/political-machin...raw-poll-july-...
Wow. *I wonder how accurate that really is.
Eisboch
Not at all. It's one of those polls where one interest group or another
"tells" its acolytes to "log onto AOL and click for" whatever side of an
issue it supports. You see this in political message groups and on
discussion groups, especially gun boards.
Possibly so harry, that is unless it's a straw poll grilling on bush,
chaney, then I'd say it's fairly accurate, wouldn't you?
Unlikely. The internet "straw polls" are just silliness.
I don't have or use AOL, nor am I an AOL "member". * It still let me vote
and see the results.
I think it required a email address and entering one of those security codes
into a field from one that was displayed.
Also had to enter what state I was in.

Anyway, *I don't think it's accurate at all. *Of over 200 thousand votes
this week (July 21-28) the results were overwhelmingly in favor of McCain.
I think it was 34% Obama versus 66% for McCain. * If that reflects the votes
of MA, then I think it is very suspect.

Eisboch- Hide quoted text -

you're right Richard. It popped up on AOL, but is actually an
independant blog. Yet, an AOL password will key in as long as you fill
in the security cold.

I'm not saying this is accurate, but as straw polls go it's about as
accurate as any. and true it's not an accurate reflection on who is
going to vote for whome, nore does it determine on whome will be the
next POTUS.

But it's *interesting* to say the least....

It's not really interesting. On one of the gun boards I help moderate,
whenever there is a media outlet that has a question about gun control,
everyone on the board urges every one else to pile up so as to change
the outcome of the poll. *That's what has happened at the AOL poll -
just piling on.- Hide quoted text -

Not really sure abotuthat,Harry. yon that straw poll, you do'tvet t
see the outcome w/o voting first. and no body contacted me to vote in
it, but sing I ahve an AO-HELLmembership, it was on the board anyhow,
so I voted, saw the results and posted them.

I wasnt' urging anyone to vote on it, but I'm sure you knew that.

HK wrote:

It's not really interesting. On one of the gun boards I help moderate,
whenever there is a media outlet that has a question about gun control,
everyone on the board urges every one else to pile up so as to change
the outcome of the poll. That's what has happened at the AOL poll -
just piling on.

I sincerely doubt there is any concerted effort by anyone to effect the
AOL poll towards any candidate. The results are biased because the
people who are logging onto that page and who are inclined to spend the
time to "register to vote on the page" does not accurately reflect the
demographics of those who will vote in the Nov. election. Just as
standing on Wall Street and taking a "straw vote", would not be an
accurate reflection of the Nov. election. November's election will see
more young voters and "new" voters than we have historically seen.
Wither you like or hate Obama, you have to admit, he has invigorated
people to believe their vote and their campaign contribution can make a
difference. My son and oldest daughter, both with very limited funds,
who would never have considered contributing to anyone's political
campaign, have contributed to Obama's campaign. If you go to any
gathering, ie baseball game, 4th of July fireworks, etc, you will see a
large army of young people getting people to register to vote. The
fact that Harry believes Obama will win in Nov. is ONLY reason Obama
might lose. In all the years I been reading rec.boats, I have NEVER
seen one of Harry's political forecast to come true.

Harry likes to pretend he has inside political knowledge, and that he
has been involved with national political campaigns but, he is as naive
as anyone I have ever meet.

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 06:43:36 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq."
wrote:

HK wrote:

[...]

Well, maybe we should tape his fingers shut and keep him in a corner
someplace.

I'm glad you mentioned demographics. Most of Obama's base is *not* looking
at a news source on the internet. Cartoons, the Simpsons, and Beavis are
occupying most of their time. They're waiting for that big 'Income
Redistribution in the Sky' to take place.
Tim Tim is offline

as if it matters,

One thing about that straw poll is you can also seperate out the
states and see what percentage is voting for whom.
HK HK is offline

Tim wrote:
as if it matters,

One thing about that straw poll is you can also seperate out the
states and see what percentage is voting for whom.

It doesn't matter what that straw poll indicates...it is totally
unscientific.

Try he

http://www.electionprojection.com/index.shtml

Or he

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/

Both sites are right-wing-oriented, but intellectually honest in how
they track and report legitimate polls.

HK HK is offline

HK wrote:
Tim wrote:
as if it matters,

One thing about that straw poll is you can also seperate out the
states and see what percentage is voting for whom.

It doesn't matter what that straw poll indicates...it is totally
unscientific.

Try he

http://www.electionprojection.com/index.shtml

Or he

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/

Both sites are right-wing-oriented, but intellectually honest in how
they track and report legitimate polls.

Forgot this one:

http://www.pollster.com/
Tim Tim is offline

On Jul 28, 7:46*am, HK wrote:
HK wrote:
Tim wrote:
as if it matters,

One thing about that straw poll is you can also seperate out the
states and see what percentage is voting for whom.

It doesn't matter what that straw poll indicates...it is totally
unscientific.

Try he

http://www.electionprojection.com/index.shtml

Or he

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/

Both sites are right-wing-oriented, but intellectually honest in how
they track and report legitimate polls.

Forgot this one:

http://www.pollster.com/- Hide quoted text -

I'm not sure what or whose statistics are being used but a guy told me
today that Obama is *ahead* by 9-1/2 points.

HK HK is offline

Tim wrote:
On Jul 28, 7:46 am, HK wrote:
HK wrote:
Tim wrote:
as if it matters,
One thing about that straw poll is you can also seperate out the
states and see what percentage is voting for whom.
It doesn't matter what that straw poll indicates...it is totally
unscientific.
Try he
http://www.electionprojection.com/index.shtml
Or he
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/
Both sites are right-wing-oriented, but intellectually honest in how
they track and report legitimate polls.

Forgot this one:

http://www.pollster.com/- Hide quoted text -

I'm not sure what or whose statistics are being used but a guy told me
today that Obama is *ahead* by 9-1/2 points.

I think one poll has him there, but it is more reasonable to average the
leading polls. I suspect the lead on that basis is about five points.

The state polls are more important. We don't have a national election,
we have 50 state elections. Obama is *way* ahead on that basis.
Tim Tim is offline

On Jul 28, 6:25*pm, Tim wrote:
On Jul 28, 7:46*am, HK wrote:

HK wrote:
Tim wrote:
as if it matters,

One thing about that straw poll is you can also seperate out the
states and see what percentage is voting for whom.

It doesn't matter what that straw poll indicates...it is totally
unscientific.

Try he

http://www.electionprojection.com/index.shtml

Or he

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/

Both sites are right-wing-oriented, but intellectually honest in how
they track and report legitimate polls.

Forgot this one:

http://www.pollster.com/-Hide quoted text -

I'm not sure what or whose statistics are being used but a guy told me
today that Obama is *ahead* by 9-1/2 points.- Hide quoted text -

Heres the latest from Gallup

http://www.gallup.com/tag/Gallup%2bDaily.aspx
HK HK is offline

Tim wrote:
On Jul 28, 6:25 pm, Tim wrote:
On Jul 28, 7:46 am, HK wrote:

HK wrote:
Tim wrote:
as if it matters,
One thing about that straw poll is you can also seperate out the
states and see what percentage is voting for whom.
It doesn't matter what that straw poll indicates...it is totally
unscientific.
Try he
http://www.electionprojection.com/index.shtml
Or he
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/
Both sites are right-wing-oriented, but intellectually honest in how
they track and report legitimate polls.
Forgot this one:
http://www.pollster.com/-Hide quoted text -

I'm not sure what or whose statistics are being used but a guy told me
today that Obama is *ahead* by 9-1/2 points.- Hide quoted text -

Heres the latest from Gallup

http://www.gallup.com/tag/Gallup%2bDaily.aspx

Really, Tim, if you are interested, you need to look at legit sites that
keep track of the various leading polls and average them over a
consistent time period. That way, you get a more accurate "snapshot" of
public opinion at that moment.

Also, the daily polls tend to be volatile.