Default Fuel Problem Resolved!!!

At least if this morning's run is any indication. Delivered the boat to
a local marina for a warranty item and expect it back late today or
tomorrow. Trip to the Keys next week is 'on'.

Replaced bulb and all rubber lines from the tank pick-up point, to the
bulb. Replaced both filters (on engine and fuel-water separator). Had a
service company come by and clean out the tank, sludge, stuff, and he
even managed to get that nut-like part I dropped in last week. Due to
its light weight, basically a small aluminum tube, approx 1 inch long,
closed on one end, it was 'possible' it got picked up by the suction and
partially blocked the pick-up tube.

All appears back to normal now.
Senior Member

On Jul 24, 10:41*am, DownTime wrote:
At least if this morning's run is any indication. *Delivered the boat to
a local marina for a warranty item and expect it back late today or
tomorrow. Trip to the Keys next week is 'on'.

Replaced bulb and all rubber lines from the tank pick-up point, to the
bulb. Replaced both filters (on engine and fuel-water separator). Had a
service company come by and clean out the tank, sludge, stuff, and he
even managed to get that nut-like part I dropped in last week. Due to
its light weight, basically a small aluminum tube, approx 1 inch long,
closed on one end, it was 'possible' it got picked up by the suction and
partially blocked the pick-up tube.

All appears back to normal now.

Very cool, need a deckhand...??

On Jul 24, 12:44*pm, DownTime wrote:
wrote:
On Jul 24, 10:41 am, DownTime wrote:
At least if this morning's run is any indication. *Delivered the boat to
a local marina for a warranty item and expect it back late today or
tomorrow. Trip to the Keys next week is 'on'.

Replaced bulb and all rubber lines from the tank pick-up point, to the
bulb. Replaced both filters (on engine and fuel-water separator). Had a
service company come by and clean out the tank, sludge, stuff, and he
even managed to get that nut-like part I dropped in last week. Due to
its light weight, basically a small aluminum tube, approx 1 inch long,
closed on one end, it was 'possible' it got picked up by the suction and
partially blocked the pick-up tube.

All appears back to normal now.

Very cool, need a deckhand...??

uh, 'it depends'.

1- can u catch a lobster?
2- fillet a fish?
3- can handle a boat?
4- look good in a thong?

p.s. if you are male, NO NEED to answer question #4.- Hide quoted text -

I'm thinking that categories 1+2 and category 4 are mutually exclusive.
HK HK is offline

DownTime wrote:
At least if this morning's run is any indication. Delivered the boat to
a local marina for a warranty item and expect it back late today or
tomorrow. Trip to the Keys next week is 'on'.

Replaced bulb and all rubber lines from the tank pick-up point, to the
bulb. Replaced both filters (on engine and fuel-water separator). Had a
service company come by and clean out the tank, sludge, stuff, and he
even managed to get that nut-like part I dropped in last week. Due to
its light weight, basically a small aluminum tube, approx 1 inch long,
closed on one end, it was 'possible' it got picked up by the suction and
partially blocked the pick-up tube.

All appears back to normal now.

Well, that's good news.

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 10:41:52 -0400, DownTime
wrote:

At least if this morning's run is any indication. Delivered the boat to
a local marina for a warranty item and expect it back late today or
tomorrow. Trip to the Keys next week is 'on'.

Replaced bulb and all rubber lines from the tank pick-up point, to the
bulb. Replaced both filters (on engine and fuel-water separator). Had a
service company come by and clean out the tank, sludge, stuff, and he
even managed to get that nut-like part I dropped in last week. Due to
its light weight, basically a small aluminum tube, approx 1 inch long,
closed on one end, it was 'possible' it got picked up by the suction and
partially blocked the pick-up tube.

All appears back to normal now.

Good deal. Are you running the boat down from CC or trailering it by
car?

wrote:

At least if this morning's run is any indication. Delivered the boat to
a local marina for a warranty item and expect it back late today or
tomorrow. Trip to the Keys next week is 'on'.

Replaced bulb and all rubber lines from the tank pick-up point, to the
bulb. Replaced both filters (on engine and fuel-water separator). Had a
service company come by and clean out the tank, sludge, stuff, and he
even managed to get that nut-like part I dropped in last week. Due to
its light weight, basically a small aluminum tube, approx 1 inch long,
closed on one end, it was 'possible' it got picked up by the suction and
partially blocked the pick-up tube.

All appears back to normal now.

Good deal. Are you running the boat down from CC or trailering it by
car?

Planning to run it down from CC. Either be leaving early on Sunday
morning, or Monday morning, depending on the weather. Will top off at
Marco, then spend most the day taking our time to get there, checking
out some fish/dive spots and maybe an advance peek at the secret
lobster holes to see if they're waiting for us.

I do not own a trailer, but have access to one. I'd just assume not
need to ever borrow it again. But its there if I need it.

wrote:

At least if this morning's run is any indication. Delivered the boat to
a local marina for a warranty item and expect it back late today or
tomorrow. Trip to the Keys next week is 'on'.

Replaced bulb and all rubber lines from the tank pick-up point, to the
bulb. Replaced both filters (on engine and fuel-water separator). Had a
service company come by and clean out the tank, sludge, stuff, and he
even managed to get that nut-like part I dropped in last week. Due to
its light weight, basically a small aluminum tube, approx 1 inch long,
closed on one end, it was 'possible' it got picked up by the suction and
partially blocked the pick-up tube.

All appears back to normal now.

Good news. Glad to hear all is well. Hope it stays that way!

Good luck on the trip. Take some pictures and post 'em over there.

wrote:

At least if this morning's run is any indication. *Delivered the boat to
a local marina for a warranty item and expect it back late today or
tomorrow. Trip to the Keys next week is 'on'.

Replaced bulb and all rubber lines from the tank pick-up point, to the
bulb. Replaced both filters (on engine and fuel-water separator). Had a
service company come by and clean out the tank, sludge, stuff, and he
even managed to get that nut-like part I dropped in last week. Due to
its light weight, basically a small aluminum tube, approx 1 inch long,
closed on one end, it was 'possible' it got picked up by the suction and
partially blocked the pick-up tube.

All appears back to normal now.

Good news. Glad to hear all is well. Hope it stays that way!

Good luck on the trip. Take some pictures and post 'em over there.

Why not"over here" John? ;-)

Help with Merc 3.0LX fuel problem watertoys General 5 May 12th 14 10:09 PM
Computer problem resolved! John H.[_3_] General 8 January 11th 08 02:49 AM
Another fuel flow problem? LD General 4 July 16th 05 02:36 AM
Fuel Flow Problem HankCoen General 3 July 12th 05 12:08 AM
4winns fuel gauge problem Michael Grant Electronics 0 July 26th 04 01:36 AM