Default A nice one for a Sunday morning...

On Jul 13, 6:24*pm, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 17:20:45 -0400, John H.

wrote:
On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 20:28:54 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 16:23:56 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 09:26:59 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
"Reggie is Here wrote:

John H. wrote:
and it should put a smile on your face.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zlfKdbWwruY

It did put a msile on my face. *I wish I had seen that video before my
son went on his trek.

He has taken photos but no video. *My wife hated the ones of him para
gliding in the Himalayas and bungee jumping at Victoria Falls. *I am
sure he could have worried her even more with a video camera.

PS If you haven't seen the "Free Hugs" video check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4

EEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

No ****.

Yuk.

Apparently we have pansies in this group who thinks it's perfectly ok.

Not naming any names you understand. *:)

No, you're just wantin' JimH to be able to get in a cheap shot!

The GOD of Posting made a cheap shot?

What is this world coming to when The GOD of Posting posts cheap
shots?

Next thing you know, he'll be claiming that he knows a marina where
they don't raise the price of gas until they get a delivery.

Found any more bales of MJ floating the water that you kept for
yourself bud?

wrote:

m...
"Reggie is Here wrote:

John H. wrote:
[...]

I guess there are probably some guys out there too uncomfortable to give
another guy a hug. I hugged my two brothers this morning when they left. I
hug my good friends when we meet at airports or whatever. Never bothered
me. Never felt any 'pansiness'. But then, I'm pretty comfortable with me.

Well, you were in the Army - pretty much says it all. :)

ROFL!

And I'm not very homophobic.

Not namin' any names, you understand! ;)

Totally understand.

Pansy.

Wussy jarhead.

(FWIW, neither of the above words passed spellcheck. I fixed that, since I
know you'll probably be around for a while.)
Senior Member

wrote:

. ..
"Reggie is Here wrote:

John H. wrote:
[...]

Not namin' any names, you understand! * *;)- Hide quoted text -

I am, and I shake hands.. I usually take off my hat and glazzez for
wimmens' and older folks too.) But that's the best your're going to
get from me
Senior Member

"Reggie is Here wrote:

John H. wrote:
[...]

know you'll probably be around for a while.)- Hide quoted text -

Hey, who got the bale??

"Reggie is Here wrote:

John H. wrote:
[...]

The CG.

You want it back, you go ask them. :)

Of course that was ten years ago?

I'll have to look up the article.

"Reggie is Here wrote:

John H. wrote:
[...]

You never took your hat off in my presence. :)

Default Inverter use with 60 HP Merc outboard ?

The pontoon boat I bought (haven't picked it up yet) has a single 12V
Interstate battery and a 60 HP "Tracker" by Mercury O/B
It has an automotive type CD player/radio and a 12V "cigarette lighter"
outlet.
Has anyone ever tried to run an inverter off such a set-up ? Nothing too
big, maybe 400 watts

I had never considered an O/B motor as having a significant electrical
OUTPUT but I guess it must be enough to keep the battery charged.
Also, I'm wondering if the boat is stationary at night with the nav lites on
and also the CD player, (O/B not running) how long the battery would last
before it might fail to start the O/B ?

"Reggie is Here wrote:

John H. wrote:
[...]

I'm confused about this taking off his "glazzez". What does that mean?
I wouldn't remove my eyeglasses when meeting someone, unless they looked
like Kruger and I was concerned about nightmares.

HK HK is offline

"Reggie is Here wrote:
John H. wrote:
[...]

Remember, Freddie is the "class act" in the Krueger family...Dan is...
well, no one in the Krueger family talks much about Dan.

"Rudy" wrote in

The pontoon boat I bought (haven't picked it up yet) has a single 12V
Interstate battery and a 60 HP "Tracker" by Mercury O/B
It has an automotive type CD player/radio and a 12V "cigarette
lighter" outlet.
Has anyone ever tried to run an inverter off such a set-up ? Nothing
too big, maybe 400 watts

I had never considered an O/B motor as having a significant electrical
OUTPUT but I guess it must be enough to keep the battery charged.
Also, I'm wondering if the boat is stationary at night with the nav
lites on and also the CD player, (O/B not running) how long the
battery would last before it might fail to start the O/B ?

Do the arithmetic....

400 watts divided by 13.5 volts = about 30A.

Let's say the battery is a 130AH deep cycle/starting boat battery. You
shouldn't discharge it below 50% or you'll ruin it very soon so you have
65 ampere-hours of usable power.

65AH divided by 30A is a little over two hours at 400 W, 4 hours at
200W, 8 hours at 100W.

Outboard motors were never designed to charge deep cycle batteries, only
to recharge what little cranking the outboard uses out of a starting
battery. The charger consists of some coils in the stator the magnets
in the flywheel rotate around and your little 60hp Tracker is no
different.

Direct from Mercury:
"Using an outboard to charge two batteries is only effective if the
outboard charging system is capable of delivering more than 15 to 20
amps. One point to remember: most systems are rated at wide-open
throttle and charge substantially lower amounts at slower engine speeds.
"

This is caused by the speed of the magnets on the flywheel.

You didn't tell us what year/model is good enough to look up the full
power ampere output of its little charger circuit.

It won't put out anywhere near 400 watts!

To recharge the battery properly from 50% down takes about 10-12 hours
of charging.....not 500A for 30 minutes...charging batteries is a SLOW
process, no matter what boaters tell you they can do.