Default Country roads, take me home....

to the Monongahela National Forest! What a marvelous place for
motorcycling. Two brothers and I spent three days and about 700 miles worth
of traveling in that part of West Virginia, and it is spectacular. The
roads seem to have been designed by a motorcyclist.

Actually, it would be a beautiful place to visit by car also. We left
Cumberland, MD, our meeting place, and rode down Hwy 220 until we hit I-64,
and then cut across to Hwy 219 back north to Elkins. The next day we made a
big loop in and around the Monongahela National Forest, and spent the
night at the same motel in Elkins. Yesterday we played around in the hill
some more and rolled in around 4 PM. Only put about 1000 miles on the bike,
but what a blast.

If you ride, even if it's a Harley, then West Virginia should be on the top
of the 'to do' list. I was very impressed with the way my brothers' Harleys
handled the twists and turns in the national forest. They couldn't keep up
with the Guzzi if I wanted to pump some adrenaline, but they could go at a
pace that was fun. I was very surprised! This little section of Hwy 33
going east out of Judy Gap is pretty representative of the fun roads that
are all through the area: http://tinyurl.com/5twnk5

Yup, we'll be doing it again!
DK DK is offline

John H. wrote:
[...]

Sounds like you had a great trip. I guess the weather cooperated?

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 20:11:19 -0400, DK wrote:

John H. wrote:
[...]

Gorgeous the whole time.

What with all the idiots with cell phones,nav, blaring tunes, TV, SUV
bozos that cant see anything less than 6' tall on the road, etc, I'm
too chicken to ride my scooter anymore, at least around town. Got
knocked off it once by an old, blind geezer. The pavment is HARD at
45mph.
JR

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 08:31:17 -0400, John H.
wrote:

[...]

HOME PAGE:
http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth

wrote:

[...]

Here, Alexandria, VA, I'm 'around town' for a half hour no matter where I'm
going. You're right, defensiveness is a requirement!