Default Four days on the road and I'm a gonna make it...

home Sunday night!

Meeting two of my brothers in Cumberland, MD, from where we'll head south
into West Virginia. West Virginia will have to put up with the three of us
on our motorcycles until Saturday afternoon when we'll leave that glorious
state, head for Luray, VA, do the Hwy 211 twisties back over the mountains,
and come on home. If you've never ridden the 211 twisties, here's what they
look like: http://tinyurl.com/5ogtyn Definitely some peg scrapers on that
little ride.

I said 'our motorcycles', but I really meant to say 'two Harleys and a
motorcycle'. They'll be pushing hard to get me to buy a Harley.

We'll undoubtedly cross some nice rivers, creeks, or streams, and pass by
some beautiful lakes, ponds, or puddles. I'll be thinking of you nice folks
every time we do!

Have a great 'rest of the week'!

On Jul 9, 6:55*am, John H. wrote:
[...]

Awesome ride! Been there, but a LONG time ago in a 67 Mustang
2X2.......
HK HK is offline

wrote:
On Jul 9, 6:55 am, John H. wrote:
[...]

Wow...justwaitaloogy has been to Maryland, West Virginia, and
Virginia...in a car.

John H. wrote:

If you've never ridden the 211 twisties, here's what they
look like: http://tinyurl.com/5ogtyn Definitely some peg scrapers on that
little ride.

Skyline Drive looks fun too.

On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 19:57:43 -0700, -rick- wrote:

John H. wrote:

If you've never ridden the 211 twisties, here's what they
look like: http://tinyurl.com/5ogtyn Definitely some peg scrapers on that
little ride.

Skyline Drive looks fun too.

It would be a blast if the speed limit was up around 55 instead of 35. And,
they enforce the hell out of the 35!

The Blue Ridge Parkway is just as nice, but the speed limit is higher, 45
or 50. I've done the parkway at 60, and just get hand signals to slow down.
It's a blast at 60mph.