Default Patching a radio hole in a center console

Hi Folks,

I have recently removed and relocated a radio from my center console,
leaving the hole in the console where the radio had been. The hole is
about 3" x 6".

What recommendations do you have for covering and sealing up the
hole. I'm most concerned with having it sealed up tight to keep water
out of the console. I'd like it to look nice, but it's not a pristine
boat and function of the solution is more important than aesthetics.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Rob

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 11:43:10 -0700 (PDT), RJM2
wrote:

Hi Folks,

I have recently removed and relocated a radio from my center console,
leaving the hole in the console where the radio had been. The hole is
about 3" x 6".

What recommendations do you have for covering and sealing up the
hole. I'm most concerned with having it sealed up tight to keep water
out of the console. I'd like it to look nice, but it's not a pristine
boat and function of the solution is more important than aesthetics.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Rob

Go to a trophy shop and have a 3 1/2" by 6 1/2" brass plate engraved with
the name of your boat. Get some good glue ( this should work
http://tinyurl.com/5pjxqn ) and glue said plate over the hole. Now you've
fixed it with some class!

Or, buy a cheap cutting board at your local Wal Mart. Cut a chunk to fit.
Glue it. Use the rest of the board to cut bait on.