BoatBanter.com

-   -   Nice day for a boat ride... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/95808-nice-day-boat-ride.html)

Eisboch July 3rd 08 02:31 AM

Nice day for a boat ride...

.... except for the fog. Choice was go today and risk fog or wait until
tomorrow with forecasts of 30-35 kt. winds.

I opted for the fog. Not too bad though. Only three times where we had to
slow down and navigate with radar, GPS and compass only. Seas were flat
calm on the Cape Cod Bay side. Different story after exiting the Cape Cod
Canal and entering Buzzard's Bay.

Nice, 3 and a half hour run. New (old) boat ran perfectly.

http://www.eisboch.com/fogbank.jpg

http://www.eisboch.com/flat.jpg

http://www.eisboch.com/wake.jpg

Eisboch

John H.[_4_] July 3rd 08 02:53 AM

Nice day for a boat ride...

On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 21:31:07 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

... except for the fog. Choice was go today and risk fog or wait until
tomorrow with forecasts of 30-35 kt. winds.

I opted for the fog. Not too bad though. Only three times where we had to
slow down and navigate with radar, GPS and compass only. Seas were flat
calm on the Cape Cod Bay side. Different story after exiting the Cape Cod
Canal and entering Buzzard's Bay.

Nice, 3 and a half hour run. New (old) boat ran perfectly.

http://www.eisboch.com/fogbank.jpg

http://www.eisboch.com/flat.jpg

http://www.eisboch.com/wake.jpg

Eisboch

Thanks for the shots. You reminded me I've got to get to West Marine
tomorrow and get a US flag for the boat tomorrow.

[email protected] July 3rd 08 03:49 AM

Nice day for a boat ride...

On Jul 2, 9:31*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
... except for the fog. * Choice was go today and risk fog or wait until
tomorrow with forecasts of 30-35 kt. winds.

I opted for the fog. * Not too bad though. *Only three times where we had to
slow down and navigate with radar, GPS and compass only. * Seas were flat
calm on the Cape Cod Bay side. * Different story after exiting the Cape Cod
Canal and entering Buzzard's Bay.

Nice, 3 and a half hour run. *New (old) boat ran perfectly.

http://www.eisboch.com/fogbank.jpg

http://www.eisboch.com/flat.jpg

http://www.eisboch.com/wake.jpg

Eisboch

Thanks for reminding us what it's all about. Looks nice out there...

Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] July 3rd 08 11:46 AM

Nice day for a boat ride...

wrote:

... except for the fog. Choice was go today and risk fog or wait until
tomorrow with forecasts of 30-35 kt. winds.

I opted for the fog. Not too bad though. Only three times where we had to
slow down and navigate with radar, GPS and compass only. Seas were flat
calm on the Cape Cod Bay side. Different story after exiting the Cape Cod
Canal and entering Buzzard's Bay.

Nice, 3 and a half hour run. New (old) boat ran perfectly.

http://www.eisboch.com/fogbank.jpg

http://www.eisboch.com/flat.jpg

http://www.eisboch.com/wake.jpg

From the images, that must have been a blast.