Default Destin Florida Fishing

After thinking for awhile about how it'd be cool to go deep sea fishing while
in Destin, my wife and I went out today on the Swoop Party Boat
(http://www.swooppartyboat.com/). We're not really morning people and
especially so while on vacation so we did the 2:30-7:30 fishing trip. Total
cost for the trip for both of us after coupons before tips was $106.60.

Boat is 65' and has 40 fishing stations. Top cruise speed to the fishing
grounds was 25mph. We boarded a little before 2:30, left right at 2:30 and
started fishing at 3:50. Bait was minnow halves and squid. First spot we did
was 120'. Saw lots of redfish come up but I think I only caught a small ruby
red lip at that point.

Over the course of the 5 hours my wife and I had to throw 3 fish back. Saw a
barracuda caught by someone else on the boat. Most everyone caught their 2
fish limit of red snapper. I think after fileting our 4 fish were probably
around 4-5 pounds of filets.

All in all a pretty good day on the water. It had its slow points watching
others catch fish and us not doing so hot, but in the end we have more than
enough fish for lunch tomorrow at around $25/# (Its bad to calculate that
out I also do the same thing at Disney.. "Look this ride is only costing me
$300").

sam

On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 23:30:39 -0500, "Sam Hayes Merritt, III"
wrote:

[...]

Nice report, Sam. I used to do that with fish I caught after buying the
boat. That first fish was an expensive son of a gun, but after about the
20th, the price dropped down to only about $1200 apiece. Another several
years with the same boat may have gotten the price down to your levels!

wrote:

[...]

BTW, this was my favorite Disney attraction:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...isney08333.jpg

John H. wrote:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...isney08333.jpg

Here's mine. I'd sit there all day and eat Dole Whips.
http://www.mouseextra.com/wp-content...-sign-1-07.jpg

sam
Jim Jim is offline

news

wrote:

[...]

Are you sure that one wasn't at Seaworld? Looks familiar.

On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 08:45:43 -0400, "Jim" wrote:

news

wrote:

[...]

Could have been there too. But the last Sea World visit I made was in '76,
before my digital camera. So it couldn't have been Sea World.

It is a favorite stop for the enlarged prostate set!

Living Aboard in the general area of Ft. Walton Beach - Destin Florida area Rick B. Cruising 1 February 12th 07 02:33 AM
fs: 2006 Cuda Craft 19' fishing boat in Florida Alkat Marketplace 0 April 11th 06 12:37 AM
Fishing the Florida Coast Don ßćiley General 19 November 11th 04 03:53 AM
Florida Fishing Advice erich General 10 December 4th 03 07:24 AM
FS: 30' Stamas Varnesse Carolina in Destin, FL Gulf Omni Marketplace 0 October 22nd 03 04:07 PM