Jim Jim is offline

Default Snickers...

"John H." wrote in message
On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 06:56:42 -0700 (PDT), Swabbie Jim
wrote:

On Jun 29, 9:28 am, HK wrote:
Mrs. McCain, San Diego County Would Like a Word
Suzanne Smalley, Andrew Murr, Mark Hosenball and Nathan Dinsdale
NEWSWEEK
Updated: 3:53 PM ET Jun 28, 2008

When you're poor, it can be hard to pay the bills. When you're rich,
it's hard to keep track of all the bills that need paying. It's a lesson
Cindy McCain learned the hard way when NEWSWEEK raised questions about
an overdue property-tax bill on a La Jolla, Calif., property owned by a
trust that she oversees. Mrs. McCain is a beer heiress with an estimated
$100 million fortune and, along with her husband, she owns at least
seven properties, including condos in California and Arizona.

San Diego County officials, it turns out, have been sending out tax
notices on the La Jolla property, an oceanfront condo, for four years
without receiving a response. County records show the bills, which were
mailed to a Phoenix address associated with Mrs. McCain's trust, were
returned by the post office. According to a McCain campaign aide, who
requested anonymity when discussing a private matter, an elderly aunt of
Mrs. McCain's lives in the condo, and the bank that manages the trust
has not been receiving tax bills on the property. Shortly after NEWSWEEK
inquired about the matter, the McCain aide e-mailed a receipt dated
Friday, June 27, confirming payment by the trust to San Diego County in
the amount of $6,744.42. County officials say the trust still owes an
additional $1,742 for this year, an amount that is overdue and will go
into default July 1. Told of the outstanding $1,742, the aide said: "The
trust has paid all bills shown owing as of today and will pay all other
bills due."

Dan McAllister, treasurer- tax collector for San Diego County, said that
about 3 percent of San Diego's approximately 1 million property owners
default on their property taxes each year. The county assesses a 1.5
percent penalty for each month that goes by unpaid and puts houses up
for sale after five years. "We do hear an awful lot of excuses for why
people don't pay," McAllister said. "Under the law, the property owner
is responsible for keeping the address current. We're only as good as
the information we are given."
URL:http://www.newsweek.com/id/143775

Impeach the ******* as soon as he is elected. I hate tax evaders and
draft dodgers. Don't you.

Add hypocrites to the list!

I'm not keeping a list. I've just been checking up on him at Google. I had
to get out of there before my good nature got compromised. What a jerk he
is.

HK HK is offline

wrote:

On Jun 29, 9:28 am, HK wrote:
[...]

That's five times you've posted the same stupid response to the same
stupid Herring comment, stunatz.

Use a kleenex next time...not your keyboard.

On Jun 29, 11:54*am, HK wrote:
Jim wrote:

.. .
wrote:

On Jun 29, 9:28 am, HK wrote:
[...]

Use a kleenex next time...not your keyboard.- Hide quoted text -

And you accuse others of having bad manners, when you are the
filthiest pig there is.
How's the lobster boat, liar?

On Jun 29, 11:54*am, HK wrote:
Jim wrote:

.. .
wrote:

On Jun 29, 9:28 am, HK wrote:
[...]

Dear snotrag, I'm not going to apologize again for the crappy news
reader I am using for Wrecked boats. Whenever they are about to disown
Wrecked Boats temporarily, they get confused and spit out repeats of
posts randomly. If you absolutly can't live with it, tale it up with
them. They've got a cheezy sort of name. Look it up.
Yaknow, if you were a little nicer to that nice fellow who is doing
all the research on your disorders, he might just be willing to help
you cope.

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 09:28:53 -0400, HK wrote:

[...]

Four years overdue on an ocean front condo, and the bill is only $8,000?
I guess Proposition 13 more than did it's job. No wonder the state is
cash strapped.
DK DK is offline

[...]

I thought the same thing. I would be looking at $40K depending on how
they assess the late fees and the ocean is 10 miles from my front door.

Maybe California has an exemption for the elderly like other states that
cap, or eliminate, tax increases and have a lump sum deduction from the
assessed value.
HK HK is offline

DK wrote:
[...]

Mrs. McCain is about 55...you think that is elderly?

[...]

Let’s recap.

Mrs. McCain keeps her finances completely separate from those of her
husband in accordance with a pre-nuptial agreement. At her own
expense, she set up a trust to house her elderly aunt in a La Jolla
condo.

Like most people, she arranged to have property taxes through a third
party - not uncommon as it's pretty normal to have an escrow company
making the payments through the mortgage bills - the only difference
here is that Mrs. McCain had the trust do it.

Unfortunately, the trust gave the county the wrong address and didn’t
receive the bills to pay them, and didn’t follow up. Since Mrs.
McCain doesn’t live at the property, she didn’t know a problem
existed.

This is an issue in the Presidential campaign?

Jesus Harry - even you aren't that stupid.

As long as we're on the subject of unpaid taxes, let's explore Al
Franken for a minute as he seems to be one of you're boys.

His company failed to pay workers compensation insurance for his
employees and failure to pay taxes in 17 different states - that
includes worker's comp, state/local/Federal income taxes and FICA.

And now it appears as though there may be 11 more states and the
District of Columbia in which he has either failed to pay taxes, or
failed to properly report his income.

And let us not forget that this is the same Al Franken who brokered a
$330,000 loan for his boss at Air America from the NYC Boys and Girls
Clubs which was never repaid.

Oh yeah - it's equivalent all right.

The Party of Ethics.

HA!!!
HK HK is offline

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
[...]

Al Franken isn't running for president.

McCain would have been a good president for this country had the
Bu****es not stolen the nomination away from him eight years ago.

Now, McCain is simply too old, too forgetful, too disconnected from
reality, too connected to the failed policies of the Bush
administration, too much pandering to the right wing, and too prone to
say really, really stupid things.

He's past his prime. Way paste his prime.

And even more important, the only way we are going to get this country
back on track is to clean every Republican possible out of the nest.

Finally, for the moment, when he loses, and loses big, it'll **** off
all the righties here. That alone might make it worthwhile... :)