Default Fun Post

I wonder how many would be honest and say at one time or
another they left out the drain plug. This thread was started for
fun only --- no insults or name calling.

--
Boat Auctions
http://sailirc.net/boats/index.php

On Jun 28, 4:51*pm, "sailirc" wrote:
I wonder how many would be honest and say at one time or
another they left out the drain plug. *This thread was started for
fun only --- no insults or name calling.

--
Boat Auctionshttp://sailirc.net/boats/index.php

Good luck with that, Harry and JimH will be here shortly to trash your
thread, and yes, I have!
Another one. I bought a bass boat and was very excited to get in the
water. Took a friend with me, didn't have a lot of time before dark,
backed it down in the water, started it, would NOT move off the
trailer. Problem? When I bought the boat, it had a strap going over
the stern, I didn't like that, so I bought Rod Saver transom straps.
SOMEBODY forgot to take them off!

wrote in message
On Jun 28, 4:51 pm, "sailirc" wrote:
I wonder how many would be honest and say at one time or
another they left out the drain plug. This thread was started for
fun only --- no insults or name calling.

--
Boat Auctionshttp://sailirc.net/boats/index.php

Good luck with that, Harry and JimH will be here shortly to trash your
thread, and yes, I have!
Another one. I bought a bass boat and was very excited to get in the
water. Took a friend with me, didn't have a lot of time before dark,
backed it down in the water, started it, would NOT move off the
trailer. Problem? When I bought the boat, it had a strap going over
the stern, I didn't like that, so I bought Rod Saver transom straps.
SOMEBODY forgot to take them off!

-----

Down here St Pete a guy pumped 125 gallons of fuel in the
fishing rod holder. Once they found the fuel in the bottom of the boat
they towed it out real far and had to empty the fuel out!.

DK DK is offline

sailirc wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Did you see this first hand? Sounds like an urban legend.

#1 125 gallons before they noticed the problem?
#2 They pumped out the fuel - offshore - with an electric bilge pump?

On Jun 28, 8:47*pm, DK wrote:
sailirc wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

"No need for the confrontation. People here post from all over so your
"experience" may not apply to everyone."

DK 6-28-08 ;-)

HK HK is offline

sailirc wrote:
I wonder how many would be honest and say at one time or
another they left out the drain plug. This thread was started for
fun only --- no insults or name calling.

I've done it...more than once, though not in more than 10 years.

"HK" wrote in message
sailirc wrote:
I wonder how many would be honest and say at one time or
another they left out the drain plug. This thread was started for
fun only --- no insults or name calling.

I've done it...more than once, though not in more than 10 years.

Ok my turn about us:
I was told to put the drain plug in the Rinker my husband was in a hurry
to get the boat in the water and pulled up to our dock a storm was coming.
Well I forgot. The boat started to sink. The only way he could keep the
water out was blast up and down the lake until I could get the trailer back
in
the water. buy that time the boat was so heavy it was a real tackle getting
out
of the water ;-)

"sailirc" wrote in message
newsvx9k.83$713.32@trnddc03...
I wonder how many would be honest and say at one time or
another they left out the drain plug. This thread was started for
fun only --- no insults or name calling.

--
Boat Auctions
http://sailirc.net/boats/index.php

There are only two types of trailer boaters. Those that have left the plug
out, and those who have lied about not leaving it out.

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 16:21:23 -0700, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

"sailirc" wrote in message
newsvx9k.83$713.32@trnddc03...
I wonder how many would be honest and say at one time or
another they left out the drain plug. This thread was started for
fun only --- no insults or name calling.

--
Boat Auctions
http://sailirc.net/boats/index.php

There are only two types of trailer boaters. Those that have left the plug
out, and those who have lied about not leaving it out.

Except for those among us who are perfect in every way, that is a truism.

tak tak is offline

"sailirc" wrote in message
newsvx9k.83$713.32@trnddc03...
I wonder how many would be honest and say at one time or
another they left out the drain plug. This thread was started for
fun only --- no insults or name calling.

--
Boat Auctions
http://sailirc.net/boats/index.php

Never left the plug out, BUT when I bought my first boat, I didn't take the
plug out when I brought it out on the trailer after a day's use. A few
weeks into the season and I was very concerned because performance had
nose-dived, could barely get on plane and no speed to speak of. Friend went
out with me, drove the boat, asked about my routine for hauling out,
suggested we haul it out, pulled the plug and it drained for what seemed
like hours. Those rainstorms get you, I guess. Bilge pump was an epiphany
for the future. ;-P

Been trying to post... [email protected] General 7 July 21st 07 11:31 AM
Even the NY Post!!! Bobsprit ASA 0 October 14th 04 01:25 PM
can we get him to post here? Scott Vernon ASA 43 August 29th 03 12:05 PM