DK DK is offline

Default Pontoon Boat Recommendations

Some friends are considering a pontoon boat. I already suggested a deck
boat, but they really want the extra space. They will trailer it and
have a Jeep Grand Cherokee as well as a Ford F350 DRW.

What brands are considered to be the best in terms of quality and
reliability? They are looking in the 20'-22' range with a modest
4-stroke OB motor - maybe 115-150hp. How important is a third pontoon
for a boat like that?

They will use it in the intracoastal, the St. John river, and inland
lakes. Fishing isn't a priority.

Thanks
HK HK is offline

DK wrote:
Some friends are considering a pontoon boat. I already suggested a deck
boat, but they really want the extra space. They will trailer it and
have a Jeep Grand Cherokee as well as a Ford F350 DRW.

What brands are considered to be the best in terms of quality and
reliability? They are looking in the 20'-22' range with a modest
4-stroke OB motor - maybe 115-150hp. How important is a third pontoon
for a boat like that?

They will use it in the intracoastal, the St. John river, and inland
lakes. Fishing isn't a priority.

Thanks

The Río de San Juan is properly known today as the Saint Johns River,
not the St. John River. The "s" at the end of John is significantly part
of its official name.

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 18:14:14 -0400, DK
wrote:

Some friends are considering a pontoon boat. I already suggested a deck
boat, but they really want the extra space. They will trailer it and
have a Jeep Grand Cherokee as well as a Ford F350 DRW.

What brands are considered to be the best in terms of quality and
reliability? They are looking in the 20'-22' range with a modest
4-stroke OB motor - maybe 115-150hp. How important is a third pontoon
for a boat like that?

They will use it in the intracoastal, the St. John river, and inland
lakes. Fishing isn't a priority.

Thanks

Mrs. Wave and I looked into these last summer (ended up buying a deck
boat instead - long story short - my son has it now), but from what I
could see Bennington is a step above most of the other pontoons on the
market.

I also looked at an upper end Starcraft that was impressive, but from
my perspective, Bennington is the one you should be looking into.
DK DK is offline

wrote:

[...]

I suggested Bennington only from the articles I've read about them.

Thanks

"HK" wrote in message
. ..
DK wrote:
Some friends are considering a pontoon boat. I already suggested a deck
boat, but they really want the extra space. They will trailer it and
have a Jeep Grand Cherokee as well as a Ford F350 DRW.

What brands are considered to be the best in terms of quality and
reliability? They are looking in the 20'-22' range with a modest
4-stroke OB motor - maybe 115-150hp. How important is a third pontoon
for a boat like that?

They will use it in the intracoastal, the St. John river, and inland
lakes. Fishing isn't a priority.

Thanks

The Río de San Juan is properly known today as the Saint Johns River, not
the St. John River. The "s" at the end of John is significantly part of
its official name.

Poor dan is getting his geography mixed up.
http://new-brunswick.net/new-brunswi.../sjriver1.html

HK HK is offline

Don White wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
DK wrote:
Some friends are considering a pontoon boat. I already suggested a deck
boat, but they really want the extra space. They will trailer it and
have a Jeep Grand Cherokee as well as a Ford F350 DRW.

What brands are considered to be the best in terms of quality and
reliability? They are looking in the 20'-22' range with a modest
4-stroke OB motor - maybe 115-150hp. How important is a third pontoon
for a boat like that?

They will use it in the intracoastal, the St. John river, and inland
lakes. Fishing isn't a priority.

Thanks

The Río de San Juan is properly known today as the Saint Johns River, not
the St. John River. The "s" at the end of John is significantly part of
its official name.

Poor dan is getting his geography mixed up.
http://new-brunswick.net/new-brunswi.../sjriver1.html

That's the least of Dan Krap's problems.

looking for boat recommendations RobR General 4 June 21st 05 12:42 AM
FS: Pontoon Boat Glenn S. General 0 September 12th 04 06:02 PM
Looking for boat recommendations KL333 General 18 March 6th 04 04:20 AM
Recommendations for a boat/car GPS Doug Kanter General 3 October 21st 03 04:10 AM
Why So Few Pontoon Boat Ads? Jay Chan General 32 August 4th 03 08:16 PM