BoatBanter.com

-   -   Raymarine C70 Display Problem (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/95209-raymarine-c70-display-problem.html)

[email protected] June 9th 08 08:51 PM

Raymarine C70 Display Problem

I have an almost 2 year old Raymarine C70 Multifunction Display that
has worked great up until yesterday. I powered on the unit and the
display showed vertical black and white lines. I cycled it a number
of times with the same result. Has anyone experienced a problem
similar to mine with there C70 MFD?

JR North June 9th 08 08:58 PM

Raymarine C70 Display Problem

Post to S.E.R. Does it do this with the chart card out, or in? or both?
Disconnect all inputs except the power plug, and retry. There should
also be a reboot key sequence, or holding down cetrtain keys on power
up. Check the manual foe these.
JR

wrote:

I have an almost 2 year old Raymarine C70 Multifunction Display that
has worked great up until yesterday. I powered on the unit and the
display showed vertical black and white lines. I cycled it a number
of times with the same result. Has anyone experienced a problem
similar to mine with there C70 MFD?

Home Page:
http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth

[email protected] June 9th 08 09:38 PM

wrote:
I have an almost 2 year old Raymarine C70 Multifunction Display that
has worked great up until yesterday. I powered on the unit and the
display showed vertical black and white lines. *I cycled it a number
of times with the same result. Has anyone experienced a problem
similar to mine with there C70 MFD?

* * * * Home Page:http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth

Thanks JR. I didn't have any of my manuals with me yesterday so I am
gathering any suggestions, Raymarine troubleshooting procedures etc..
I'm going to drop the panel and check all the connections to see if I
have a loose ground or similar type of problem. Thanks for the tips,
I'll be looking at those items this weekend.

Jim

HK June 9th 08 09:45 PM

wrote:
I have an almost 2 year old Raymarine C70 Multifunction Display that
has worked great up until yesterday. I powered on the unit and the
display showed vertical black and white lines. I cycled it a number
of times with the same result. Has anyone experienced a problem
similar to mine with there C70 MFD?

Home Page:
http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth

Thanks JR. I didn't have any of my manuals with me yesterday so I am
gathering any suggestions, Raymarine troubleshooting procedures etc..
I'm going to drop the panel and check all the connections to see if I
have a loose ground or similar type of problem. Thanks for the tips,
I'll be looking at those items this weekend.

Jim

Give Raymarine a call. Good tech support, and their techs are in the
United States and speak English.

JimH[_2_] June 9th 08 10:02 PM

wrote:
I have an almost 2 year old Raymarine C70 Multifunction Display that
has worked great up until yesterday. I powered on the unit and the
display showed vertical black and white lines. I cycled it a number
of times with the same result. Has anyone experienced a problem
similar to mine with there C70 MFD?
Home Page:http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth

Thanks JR. I didn't have any of my manuals with me yesterday so I am
gathering any suggestions, Raymarine troubleshooting procedures etc..
I'm going to drop the panel and check all the connections to see if I
have a loose ground or similar type of problem. Thanks for the tips,
I'll be looking at those items this weekend.

Jim

Give Raymarine a call. Good tech support, and their techs are in the
United States and speak English.

Good advice! I never had a problem with Raymarine tech service.

Eat Me, Trolls June 9th 08 10:40 PM

On Jun 9, 3:51*pm, wrote:
I have an almost 2 year old Raymarine C70 Multifunction Display that
has worked great up until yesterday. I powered on the unit and the
display showed vertical black and white lines. *I cycled it a number
of times with the same result. Has anyone experienced a problem
similar to mine with there C70 MFD?

Nice try...COWARD. Your Wife know how yellow you are?

Same isp number...Loogy

JR North June 10th 08 05:37 PM

Raymarine C70 Display Problem

That's no guarantee.
JR

HK June 10th 08 05:43 PM

Raymarine C70 Display Problem

JR North wrote:

That's no guarantee.
JR

HK wrote:

and their techs are in the
United States and speak English.

I've called twice and got a couple of dudes in New England who spoke
English as she is supposed to be spoke.