Default June on the San Francisco coast

PZZ540-545-570-060415-
/O.CON.KMTR.SC.Y.0060.000000T0000Z-080607T1200Z/
POINT ARENA TO POINT REYES TO 20 NM-
POINT REYES TO PIGEON POINT TO 20 NM-
POINT ARENA TO PIGEON POINT 20 TO 60 NM OFFSHORE-
439 PM PDT THU JUN 5 2008

....SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE FRIDAY
NIGHT...

TONIGHT
NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITH OCCASIONAL GALE FORCE GUSTS
TO 35 KT. WIND WAVES 4 TO 8 FT.
NW SWELL 7 TO 9 FT AT 9 SECONDS. PATCHY FOG.

FRI
NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITH OCCASIONAL GALE FORCE GUSTS TO 35 KT.
WIND WAVES 4 TO 8 FT.
NW SWELL 8 TO 10 FT AT 9 SECONDS. PATCHY FOG.

FRI NIGHT
NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. WIND WAVES 4 TO 8 FT.
NW SWELL 9 TO 12 FT AT 9 SECONDS.

SAT
NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. WIND WAVES 4 TO 8 FT.
NW SWELL 10 TO 12 FT.

SAT NIGHT
NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. WIND WAVES 4 TO 8 FT.
NW SWELL 10 TO 12 FT.

SUN
NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. WIND WAVES 4 TO 8 FT.
NW SWELL 10 TO 12 FT.

I really like the part about wind waves 4 to 8 ft.

On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 22:44:26 -0700, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

PZZ540-545-570-060415-
/O.CON.KMTR.SC.Y.0060.000000T0000Z-080607T1200Z/
POINT ARENA TO POINT REYES TO 20 NM-
POINT REYES TO PIGEON POINT TO 20 NM-
POINT ARENA TO PIGEON POINT 20 TO 60 NM OFFSHORE-
439 PM PDT THU JUN 5 2008

...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE FRIDAY
NIGHT...

TONIGHT
NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITH OCCASIONAL GALE FORCE GUSTS
TO 35 KT. WIND WAVES 4 TO 8 FT.
NW SWELL 7 TO 9 FT AT 9 SECONDS. PATCHY FOG.

I really like the part about wind waves 4 to 8 ft.

I think I'd leave the Key West in the garage.
--
John *H*

On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 07:06:56 -0400, John H.
wrote:

NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITH OCCASIONAL GALE FORCE GUSTS
TO 35 KT. WIND WAVES 4 TO 8 FT.
NW SWELL 7 TO 9 FT AT 9 SECONDS. PATCHY FOG.

I really like the part about wind waves 4 to 8 ft.

With the addition of the two, and the law of averages, there would be
an occasional 20 footer, wouldn't there?

Casady

wrote:

NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITH OCCASIONAL GALE FORCE GUSTS
TO 35 KT. WIND WAVES 4 TO 8 FT.
NW SWELL 7 TO 9 FT AT 9 SECONDS. PATCHY FOG.

I really like the part about wind waves 4 to 8 ft.

With the addition of the two, and the law of averages, there would be
an occasional 20 footer, wouldn't there?

Casady

Yup. maybe even bigger. Other problem is the wind waves are a different
direction than the swells. So really confused seas. One of the great
things to do during the big winter swells, is go out to Pt. Bonita on the
North end of the Golden Gate Bridge or to the Cliff House at Ocean Beach in
SF to watch the breakers. Especially out on the Four Fathom Bank, which is
the bar on the North side of the entrance to the gate.

On Jun 6, 1:44*am, "Calif Bill" wrote:
[...]

I remember one time watching boats going/coming into the cove in Fort
Bragg, the cove was calm as hell, but man oh, man, when they reached
the point of no return, some of them were bobbing like corks!

wrote in message
[...]

Yes, Noyo harbor can be a real trip. Even on decent days with only a 5-6'
swell, the entrance can get very confused depending on the tide.

On Jun 6, 2:48 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3JIxcRsRmU

I see what you mean!

wrote in message

[...]

It is also a narrow entrance. Last year when I was up fishing there, they
were rebuilding the Highway 1 bridge over the entrance, the entrance was
even narrower. You could get some pucker factor going.