Senior Member

Default I see from below...........

On May 30, 12:16*pm, "Jim" wrote:
"John H." wrote in message

On Fri, 30 May 2008 08:31:50 -0700 (PDT), Chuck Gould
wrote:

On May 30, 5:04?am, wrote:
noticed that they are trying to ruin Chuck's site too.

Really? If so, it blew right past me. Maybe I should ask you to come
over and help moderate..........naw, on second thought probably
not. :-)

Most of the attempts to "ruin the site" in the last few days have been
some opinionated but very civil discussions about the advantages and
disadvantages of bow thrusters on small boats, transom savers on
trailers, and the relative merits of various boating hats. There is
some historic tension between a few posters, but it almost never
breaks out into the sort of content that fans of other venues seem to
promote and enjoy. What's more, the natural momentum of the site is
finally kicking in and even though I have been too busy this week to
post as often as I would like, other members are posting more freely,
spontaneously, and informatively than folks who spend no time there
might imagine possible.

No magic, just a site where "the golden rule" is SOP and there is a
small amount of organization and structure. While that "ruins" it for
some, others seem to be enjoying it and the modest amount of structure
has allowed folks who don't get along elsewhere (or haven't in the
past) to converse in a civil fashion.

FYI, wrecked boats is seldom mentioned on the other site. In my
opinion, it would be entirely OK if the other site were never
mentioned here. I'd respectfully suggest that you folks have enough
problems of your own to iron out on this board without trying to
comment on problems you think exist elsewhere.

Have a wonderful day, one and all.

That post was totally unnecessary and counterproductive. If your desire is
simply to inflame, Harry, JimH, and Don are doing just fine, thank you.

I notice you make no comments about their continuous name-calling, fight
provoking, and otherwise immature behavior over here, Chuck.

Shame on you.
--
John *H*

When you look behind his holier than thou attitude, Chuck is really a decent
guy, whose unselfish desire to enrich us poor unwashed heathens with his
insight, is commendable.
I also want to thank Chuck for providing a safe haven where Harry can
retreat and practice his decorum. Perhaps Harry will one day learn to be
civil enough to return to usenet and post like an adult, in an unmoderated
newsgroup.- Hide quoted text -

another stooge for the list...

http://img.shopsafe.com/shop/makeusm...s_c om_sm.jpg

pfffftttt.....

I'm back, hide the hooch Going to start posting on that boat, keep
your eyes open and your filters on high Wrecked boats is going to
see a slap down drag out fight with a bunch of plywood, some two by
fours, and my lungs... if I win, in a couple of weeks I will have
walked you all through a slap down backyard build that you can do at
home as a final word, screw the trolls, we know who they are,
just screw em'...
Senior Member

On May 30, 12:40*pm, wrote:
On May 30, 12:16*pm, "Jim" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

On May 30, 5:04?am, wrote:
[...]

As you can see from just this morning, that ain't happening! And it's
SO easy to figure out. If you believe his lies, or at least tolerate
them, he's fine with you. If you call bull****, then all of a sudden
you're a dumb foch, don't own a boat, etc.- Hide quoted text -

forget it loogie, just let it go....
Senior Member

On May 30, 12:40*pm, wrote:
On May 30, 12:16*pm, "Jim" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

On May 30, 5:04?am, wrote:
[...]

All I can say is go buy 7 sheets of plywood. The best exterior grade
you can find. If you want the boat to last 20 years, buy occoume
(BS1088) grade plywood but be prepared to shell out a grand... Anyway
I am doing mine of exteior ply. With care, it will last someone 10
years. Get 7 sheets of plywood for the hull. 4@1/2inch and 3@3/4inch.
You will also need a bunch of standard framing material. A 4x4 for the
stem, 2@1x4 for the chinelogs, 2@2x6 for the sheet clamp rails
(gunnels) another 16 footer for the keel, and a 2x4 or two for floor
rails and non-detailed interior framing. On the framing lumber, just
take a day or two, even a couple of trips if necessary to get the
clearest douglass fir you can find. The 20 footers need to be
particularly clear as they will be bent around the sides of the boat..
more on that later.
Screw the trolls.. this is much more fun...
Senior Member

On May 30, 1:01*pm, wrote:
On May 30, 12:40*pm, wrote:

On May 30, 12:16*pm, "Jim" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

On May 30, 5:04?am, wrote:
[...]

Screw the trolls.. this is much more fun...- Hide quoted text -

Oh, and don't buy spruce.... Try to get doug fir, it's probably the
best all around wood for this particular build...Strong, light, holds
fasteners well, reacts well to water, does not "walk" (warp and twist)
like spruce or other soft woods. If you can' find fir, check with me
before any substitutions ....

On May 30, 1:09*pm, wrote:
On May 30, 1:01*pm, wrote:

On May 30, 12:40*pm, wrote:

On May 30, 12:16*pm, "Jim" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

On May 30, 5:04?am, wrote:
[...]

before any substitutions ....- Hide quoted text -

Do you get both sides grade A?

On Fri, 30 May 2008 09:53:42 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

wrote:

On May 30, 5:04?am, wrote:
[...]

Do it. Post pictures. Let's see every screw go in.
--
John *H*
Senior Member

On May 30, 1:48*pm, wrote:
On May 30, 1:09*pm, wrote:

On May 30, 1:01*pm, wrote:

On May 30, 12:40*pm, wrote:

On May 30, 12:16*pm, "Jim" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

On May 30, 5:04?am, wrote:
[...]

Do you get both sides grade A?- Hide quoted text -

I would, otherwise you find yourself wasting expensive epoxy to fill
the holes and stuff. Not to mention it makes it easier to "get out"
the parts from the stock. Eventually we will need more for seating and
such, and you might want to get an extra sheet and get the transom
parts in two sheets instead of the parts to be glued together in the
plans. Did you read them yet? Hurry up, I am gonna' be moving quickly
once I get started

On May 30, 2:12*pm, wrote:
On May 30, 1:48*pm, wrote:

On May 30, 1:09*pm, wrote:

On May 30, 1:01*pm, wrote:

On May 30, 12:40*pm, wrote:

On May 30, 12:16*pm, "Jim" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

On May 30, 5:04?am, wrote:
[...]

once I get started- Hide quoted text -

I may watch then. I don't know how fast I can be ready what with the
kid laid up and all. I've not started reading yet, downloaded and
looked around though. My dance card is pretty full!
Senior Member

On May 30, 2:45*pm, wrote:
On May 30, 2:12*pm, wrote:

On May 30, 1:48*pm, wrote:

On May 30, 1:09*pm, wrote:

On May 30, 1:01*pm, wrote:

On May 30, 12:40*pm, wrote:

On May 30, 12:16*pm, "Jim" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

On May 30, 5:04?am, wrote:
[...]

looked around though. My dance card is pretty full!- Hide quoted text -

Just kidding, take your time. Whenever you get started, I will walk
you through it... I don't really expect you to keep up at this point.
Who knows, maybe by the time you are ready to do the clamps, I can be
there to help on my way to Fla...