Tim Tim is offline

Default any such thing as a water/weather proof cell phone?

I have a cell phone but don't use it much unless the wife needs to get
ahold of me etc. Last year she wanted me to take her new cell when I
went for a last hoorah on the boat. I wen't by myself. OK, so with
lack of better judgement I should have left it in the boat when i was
the loading ramp was slippery when I went to crak the boat ont he
trailer and sure enough, down on one knee I went. Wifes phone was
drenched. I pulled the battery out, and left it on the dash all the
way home to elt the sun and air conditioner attempt to dry it out.
when I got home Ip put the batter y back in and turned it on. it
worked for about 20 sec. and lights out. luckily it was insured.

OK daughter couldnt' find her cell phone sunday night and monday I
found it on the front steps and it had been rained on.
Lights out.

Is there such thing as a weather proof phone? I'm not planning on
soaking one fully again, but then.......

You never know especially when working outside in soaking clothing
damp weather.

thanks!

On May 27, 6:22 pm, Tim wrote:
[...]

Yes there are waterproof cell phones. I think LG has one.
Tim Tim is offline

On May 27, 5:27*pm, JimH wrote:
On May 27, 6:22 pm, Tim wrote:

[...]

Yes there are waterproof cell phones. *I think LG has one.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Jim. I'll see if I can google something up.

On Tue, 27 May 08, Tim wrote:
Thanks Jim. I'll see if I can google something up.

Please post it here if you find anything.
I would also like to know how to get Alltel to stock such a phone.
I have to buy my phones directly from them. I don't know why.

Rick
Tim Tim is offline

On Tue, 27 May 08, Tim wrote:
Thanks Jim. I'll see if I can google something up.

Please post it here if you find anything.
I would also like to know how to get Alltel to stock such a phone.
I have to buy my phones directly from them. I don't know why.

Rick

Sure enough. Kind of pricey, but there they a

http://www.engadget.com/2005/12/15/l...oof-cellphone/

Verizon
http://cellphones.techfresh.net/cell...erproof-phone/

Sony, and a link to Alltel a the bottom of the page

http://www.mobilewhack.com/reviews/s...ell_phone.html

"Tim" wrote
Kind of pricey,

I can get a lot of zip-lock bags for $300...

On May 27, 6:22*pm, Tim wrote:
[...]

My daughter's phone got washed with a pair of jeans, we did find it
before the spin cycle! I took the battery out immediately and let it
sit for a week. It worked after a good drying.

On Tue, 27 May 08, Tim wrote:
Thanks Jim. I'll see if I can google something up.

Please post it here if you find anything.
I would also like to know how to get Alltel to stock such a phone.
I have to buy my phones directly from them. I don't know why.

Rick

Sure enough. Kind of pricey, but there they a

http://www.engadget.com/2005/12/15/l...oof-cellphone/

Verizonhttp://cellphones.techfresh.net/cell-phones/camera-phones/verizon-wir...

Sony, and a link to Alltel a the bottom of the page

http://www.mobilewhack.com/reviews/s...proof_cell_pho...

If you are worried about dropping it in water, why not get a basic
phone and get the replacement insurance on it. It would be a lot
cheaper.

wrote in news:e35e7c1f-27d5-4bba-8ab1-300acb371ed5
@l42g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:

On May 27, 6:22*pm, Tim wrote:
[...]

After tying up the boat at the dock, the wife wanted to make a call. I
couldn't find the phone and realized that prior to launching I had talked
to my son on it, then set it down on the transom. I had that sick feeling
in my gut. I walked over to the launch dock to confirm my suspicions. Sure
enough, there was the phone sitting on the bottom in about three feet of
water. Well, I retrieved it and took the battery out. Once home, I gave it
a good going over with the hair dryer. Then, I put it in the electric oven
on low heat for about 20 mins.. Popped the battery back in and the thing
worked! That phone had been submerged for about 15 mins..amazed me.

wrote in message
On Wed, 28 May 08, JimH wrote:
why not get a basic
phone and get the replacement insurance on it. It would be a lot
cheaper.

Makes sense if expense is the concern. But in certain situations,
expense isn't a consideration. Sometimes you just really need the
thing to keep working never mind the expense.

I bought a waterproof cellphone holder pouch. Was about $10. Phone will
float in it.

Better cell phone service... John H.[_3_] General 0 January 31st 08 06:55 PM
Cell Phone G Electronics 0 November 6th 07 09:19 PM
Cell Phone / VHF David Pendleton Electronics 2 March 14th 04 06:20 PM
Weather, Tide & Wind via Cell Phone, Courtesy of... Harry Krause General 0 December 5th 03 02:38 AM