DK DK is offline

Default For the boaters here......report your marina or fuel dock fuelprices

JimH wrote:
On May 24, 8:55 pm, DK wrote:
JimH wrote:
On May 24, 8:11 pm, DK wrote:
JimH wrote:
On May 24, 3:34 pm, JR North wrote:
Is that Primo? Bottom pump doesn't count (at least with me...).
JR
On Fri, 23 May 2008 16:49:28 -0700 (PDT), JimH
wrote:
$3.89/gallon at our marina (Vermilion, OH). It has been that price
since May 9th.
I do not know what diesel or high octane is going for.
HOME PAGE:http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth
They only sell one grade so I don't know. Still a helluva price for a
marina.
Topped off the tank (19 gallons) after a bit of Vermilion River
cruising with my wife (Lake was still too rough).
Lake Erie was too rough? Were you in a canoe?
Nope....a 20 foot boat. We do not like to cruise the Lake in the
boat while getting knocked around so we cruised the river.
Where is it that you boat that you know the conditions on the Lake off
the Vermilion River?

That was years ago. If you read my post "over there" closely you would
already know that.

I've been on Lake Erie maybe 20 times in boats ranging from 18' to 25'.
Most were out of Port Clinton.

I guess your idea of "knocked around" is different than mine. I've been
in 2-4's with my 19.6' (with no low transom to constrain me) well over
10 miles offshore in the Atlantic Ocean. It's not comfortable but it's
also not scary. 4-6'er are enough to call it a day.

Carry on.

So you live in Florida and boated on Lake Erie in the past. Were on
the Lake today at around noon at the mouth of Lake Erie at the
Vermilion River breakwall or are you just trying to stir the pot hare
as you normally do?

Me thinks so. ;-)

No wonder why folks continue to leave this place.

Try typing in English and you'll get a better response.

What part of my post didn't you understand, warp17?

As for "stirring the pot", you and the other two stooges seem to be
doing a fine job of it "over there" as well as here. The OT content has
also dwindled and I suspect that when Chuck returns he will be shaking
his head (at least) when he reads your collective bull****.

So who has left here? You and Harry seem to be the top posters (of
crap) and your boy Don is still nipping at your heels from time to time.
This mass exodus has yet to materialize.

You will never get it.
DK DK is offline

Eat Me, Trolls wrote:
wrote:
$3.89/gallon at our marina (Vermilion, OH). It has been that price
since May 9th.
I do not know what diesel or high octane is going for.
HOME PAGE:http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth
They only sell one grade so I don't know. Still a helluva price for a
marina.
Topped off the tank (19 gallons) after a bit of Vermilion River
cruising with my wife (Lake was still too rough).

Lake Erie was too rough? Were you in a canoe?- Hide quoted text -

Have you ever been out in Erie? A typical day out of Owen Sound in
Lake Ontario Proper with a 20 mile an hour wind is nice. A typical day
out on Erie with a 20 mph wind is rough. The lake is much shallower. I
dont know about the Amereeecan side......

Many times and the most I've seen were 4' waves spaced quite far apart.
The OP said it was too rough for his 20' boat but he'll bitch about
anything.

wrote:

$3.89/gallon at our marina (Vermilion, OH). It has been that price
since May 9th.
I do not know what diesel or high octane is going for.
HOME PAGE:http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth

They only sell one grade so I don't know. Still a helluva price for a
marina.

Topped off the tank (19 gallons) after a bit of Vermilion River
cruising with my wife (Lake was still too rough).

Lake Erie was too rough? Were you in a canoe?- Hide quoted text -

Have you ever been out in Erie? A typical day out of Owen Sound in
Lake Ontario Proper with a 20 mile an hour wind is nice. A typical day
out on Erie with a 20 mph wind is rough. The lake is much shallower. I
dont know about the Amereeecan side......

Based on his reply, the answer is obviously no. If he did he would
know that wave periods are short and the Lake can build and
significant waves in a short time because of it's shallowness,
especially at the western basis. 4 footers on Lake Erie are totally
different than 4 footers on the Ocean and definitely uncomfortable in
a small boat. The Lake was capping when we tried to go out so we
turned back.

wrote:

[...]

especially at the western basin. 4 footers on Lake Erie are totally

"WaIIy" wrote in message
On Sun, 25 May 2008 18:10:07 -0400, DK wrote:

Eat Me, Trolls wrote:
wrote:
[...]

If you haven't been out on Lake Erie, you have no dog in the hunt.

Lake Erie rarely has waves "spaced far apart".

Good catch....proof positive that Freddy (Dan) Kruger only comes here to
haunt and possess the souls of real boaters.

DK DK is offline

wrote:
[...]

Trouble posting today, Warp17?

Getting this thread back on topic..............

We topped off the tank today at our marina before heading out onto the
Lake. Still $4.19/gallon and squirted in a whopping 24 1/2 gallons..
Not bad after all the cruising we have done on the boat since the last
top off.

HK HK is offline

JimH wrote:
Getting this thread back on topic..............

We topped off the tank today at our marina before heading out onto the
Lake. Still $4.19/gallon and squirted in a whopping 24 1/2 gallons..
Not bad after all the cruising we have done on the boat since the last
top off.

$4.19 a gallon at the marina ain't bad, Jim, relatively speaking of course.

I'll be putting in $75 worth Saturday, I guess, for use on Sunday. That
should be about 17 gallons. WaWa.

On Jun 20, 9:13*pm, HK wrote:
JimH wrote:
Getting this thread back on topic..............

We topped off the tank today at our marina before heading out onto the
Lake. *Still $4.19/gallon and squirted in a whopping 24 1/2 gallons..
Not bad after all the cruising we have done on the boat since the last
top off.

$4.19 a gallon at the marina ain't bad, Jim, relatively speaking of course.

I'll be putting in $75 worth Saturday, I guess, for use on Sunday. That
should be about 17 gallons. WaWa.

I agree. As I said before (though some doubted me) our marina (and
most I dealt with around here) do not adjust their prices until a new
fuel shipment is received.