Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Any way to make a hinge MORE sticky?

Hey Bouys and Gulls, (yeah, i know)

I haven't been here in a long time. From a quick poke around, everything
seems about the same ;-)

Anyway, I have a small annoyance and I'll bet someone here will have a
simple soulution or three.

I have this armoire in my bedroom. I've installed mirrors on the insides of
the two doors that swing open.

Anyway, now when I open the doors, they tend to very slowly swing shut. If I
set them just right, the
friction in the hinges holds them open. But it's a small but annoying pain
get them juuuuuust right.

I could make some system of string or wedge of wood to hold them open, but
that seems like over kill.

So, is there something that will make the hinges just a little MORE sticky?

Kind of a reverse 3-in-1 oil?

Thanks,
Gary