Tim Tim is offline

Default The free version of AVG isn't going to be free anymore...

I know there's no such thing as a free lunch but, AVG is going to
drop their "freebie" anti-virus program and go to their new 8.0
version and it's going to cost about $50.00 a year. But there's light
at the end of the tunnel.

a two year plan will only be about $73.00

WHAT A SAVINGS!

I don't know if I'm greedy or jsut plain cheap, but i can't see paying
that much for an anti-virus download, when theres probably somebody
else out there as, if not more confidentt hat will ahve one that's
gratitus to the public.

I received an email the other day from AVG saying my version
(7.something) would soon not be supported and then it went on and on
about Version 8, how much it would cost, what a great deal it is, yada
yada yada, and I had no doubt that the free ride was over. But then I
happened to notice a tiny inconspicuous little button in the bottom
right of the page that said "Click here for the Free 8.0".
Voila! I'm good to go!
Did you get that email?

Rick

On Fri, 09 May 2008 08:13:08 -0500, PhantMan wrote:

I received an email the other day from AVG saying my version
(7.something) would soon not be supported and then it went on and on
about Version 8, how much it would cost, what a great deal it is, yada
yada yada, and I had no doubt that the free ride was over. But then I
happened to notice a tiny inconspicuous little button in the bottom
right of the page that said "Click here for the Free 8.0". Voila! I'm
good to go!
Did you get that email?

Grisoft will make you work for the free edition. You'll have to wade
through all the badgering about their paid edition. Or, you might want
to consider switching. Antivir is a little slow, but has by far the best
detection rates of the free antivirus programs.

http://free-av.com/

Or, Clamwin, in combination with Winpooch, will provide quite adequate
protection.

http://www.clamwin.com/

http://winpooch.free.fr/page/home.php?lang=en&page=home

Tim Tim is offline

On May 9, 11:03*am, wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the heads up!

"Tim" wrote in message
On May 9, 11:03 am, wrote:
[...]

If you go to www.free.grisoft.com, you can download it after four mouse
clicks, declining the offers to upgrade......

Tim Tim is offline

On Thu, 8 May 08, Tim wrote:
I know there's no such thing as a free lunch but, AVG is going to
drop their "freebie" anti-virus program and go to their new 8.0
version and it's going to cost about $50.00 a year. But there's light
at the end of the tunnel.

a two year plan will only be about $73.00

WHAT A SAVINGS!

I don't know if I'm greedy or jsut plain cheap, but i can't see paying
that much for an anti-virus download, when theres probably somebody
else out there as, if not more confidentt hat will ahve one that's
gratitus to the public.- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, but I didn't see the button.

arrrrgh!

I'll have to back and look for it.

THANKS!
Tim Tim is offline

On May 9, 8:13*am, wrote:
I received an email the other day from AVG saying my version
(7.something) would soon not be supported and then it went on and on
about Version 8, how much it would cost, what a great deal it is, yada
yada yada, and I had no doubt that the free ride was over. But then I
happened to notice a tiny inconspicuous little button in the bottom
right of the page that said "Click here for the Free 8.0".
Voila! I'm good to go!
Did you get that email?

I got the email from AVG, and I went back and looked and sure 'nuf.
There was the freebie for 8.0

Yeah, you have to click around bit to get there but it's set up.

I really wonder how good AVG's freebie is?

On May 12, 8:31*am, Tim wrote:
On May 9, 8:13*am, wrote:

I received an email the other day from AVG saying my version
(7.something) would soon not be supported and then it went on and on
about Version 8, how much it would cost, what a great deal it is, yada
yada yada, and I had no doubt that the free ride was over. But then I
happened to notice a tiny inconspicuous little button in the bottom
right of the page that said "Click here for the Free 8.0".
Voila! I'm good to go!
Did you get that email?

I got the email from AVG, and I went back and looked and sure 'nuf.
There was the freebie for 8.0

Yeah, you have to click around *bit to get there but it's set up.

I really wonder how good AVG's freebie is?

It's pretty darned good!
http://forum.pcmech.com/showthread.php?t=151895

The e-mail scanner self-destructs after 30 days if you don't pay.

Ron M.

On May 13, 9:46*pm, wrote:
The e-mail scanner self-destructs after 30 days if you don't pay.

Ron M.

No it doesn't.