BoatBanter.com

-   -   Trailering a pontoon boat (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/94496-trailering-pontoon-boat.html)

[email protected] May 8th 08 03:39 PM

Trailering a pontoon boat

I am thinking of making my next boat a pontoon boat in the 20 foot
range. I'd like to hear from people who own pontoons and especially
those who trailer them. Things that I'm thinking about is how hard to
load/unload, ease of towing, etc. Also, do you all fish with yours
using an electric trolling motor? One thing I'm wondering is how they
handle while using the trolling motor in the wind? Much difference
than a bass boat?

anon May 8th 08 04:11 PM

Trailering a pontoon boat

Rent one for a day. I rented one once and was very disappointed in the
performance but I'm sure there much nicer today.

[email protected] May 8th 08 04:30 PM

Trailering a pontoon boat

On May 8, 11:11*am, anon wrote:
Rent one for a day. I rented one once and was very disappointed in the
performance but I'm sure there much nicer today.

Performance and pontoon don't go together. Even today.

But the newer "deck" boats sitting on top of a planing hull can give
you something that is more the best of both worlds.

Tom G May 8th 08 04:49 PM

Trailering a pontoon boat

wrote in message
I am thinking of making my next boat a pontoon boat in the 20 foot
range. I'd like to hear from people who own pontoons and especially
those who trailer them. Things that I'm thinking about is how hard to
load/unload, ease of towing, etc. Also, do you all fish with yours
using an electric trolling motor? One thing I'm wondering is how they
handle while using the trolling motor in the wind? Much difference
than a bass boat?

I have a 24' pontoon, usually docked in front of my place on the river. And
it usually stays at the dock as a fishing platform as I find it extremely
difficult to manuever by myself. Needs two men or a young agile man to
bring back to the dock and be able to get it to the dock and then jump off
to tie up in the current. I can't imagine anyone using a trolling motor
with one to fish. My neighbor has a tri-toon. He's much younger and has no
trouble docking but I never see him fish with it anywhere but tied to his
dock.
As for trailering...I have the between the pontoons type trailer and as far
as I'm concerned that is only safe for taking it from my house to the
landing in the Spring and Fall. And then it takes at least two people to
manuever the pontoon off and on in the current. The neighbor on the other
hand has the type trailer that moves the wheels out under the pontoons. He
pulls his pontoon boat all over the country behind his big motor home and
seems to have no problems. And I notice he's usually alone when he puts it
in or takes it out. The smaller boats like you're considering might be a
whole other story, however.

Tom G.

[email protected] May 8th 08 04:54 PM

Trailering a pontoon boat

On May 8, 10:39*am, wrote:
I am thinking of making my next boat a pontoon boat in the 20 foot
range. I'd like to hear from people who own pontoons and especially
those who trailer them. Things that I'm thinking about is how hard to
load/unload, ease of towing, etc. Also, do you all fish with yours
using an electric trolling motor? One thing I'm wondering is how they
handle while using the trolling motor in the wind? Much difference
than a bass boat?

Hey Loog, here is my answer to the trailerable party boat... mine is
pretty dirty here, but you can see the potential.. It weighs less than
1000 lbs, gassed and loaded. I recently put a console steering and a
25 horse on it, I will try to dig up the performance vids. Could be
the perfect configuration for a big lake and a bunch of kids...

Oh yeah, here is the URL

http://yaimkool.com/

Scotty

[email protected] May 8th 08 05:30 PM

Trailering a pontoon boat

On May 8, 11:54*am, wrote:
On May 8, 10:39*am, wrote:

[...]

I do like that boat! One thing, on my local lake, there are some big
ass boats and most of the people that have them don't have any sense,
they'll run by you with a huge wake, don't know what the right of way
is, etc. I get scared sometimes in my bass boat!

[email protected] May 8th 08 05:33 PM

Trailering a pontoon boat

On May 8, 11:51*am, wrote:
On Thu, 8 May 2008 07:39:40 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
I am thinking of making my next boat a pontoon boat in the 20 foot
range. I'd like to hear from people who own pontoons and especially
those who trailer them. Things that I'm thinking about is how hard to
load/unload, ease of towing, etc. Also, do you all fish with yours
using an electric trolling motor? One thing I'm wondering is how they
handle while using the trolling motor in the wind? Much difference
than a bass boat?

If you are serious about trailering, be sure to get a trailer that
sits under the pontoons with a wide wheel base, not one of those
narrow sissor trailers that sits between them. Those things are only
suitable for moving a pontoon around the yard.
My trailer was built from a regular Magic Tilt like you would use to
haul a 20 sumpin foot boat. The pontoons sit in cradles on 2x2 members
bolted to the frame over the wheels. It trails well at highway speeds.
You want the boat loaded so the bow is lower than the stern to get
some of that NASCAR "down force" at speed.

You can move a pontoon around OK with a big trolling motor but the
wind can screw with you. There is a lot of "sail area" in that cage.

That's what I was guessing. It sounds like you don't mind hauling
yours on it's trailer, and that's my biggest concern.

[email protected] May 8th 08 05:35 PM

Trailering a pontoon boat

On May 8, 11:49*am, "Tom G" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

Interesting. Thanks, you've given me two perspectives......
I have a decent bass boat, but I would really like to have something
that can also be used as a party boat, too. Besides, sure would be
comfortable when striper fishing!!

[email protected] May 8th 08 05:39 PM

Trailering a pontoon boat

On May 8, 12:30*pm, wrote:
On May 8, 11:54*am, wrote:

On May 8, 10:39*am, wrote:

[...]

is, etc. I get scared sometimes in my bass boat!- Hide quoted text -

These boats were originally made for commercial fishermen in the CT
River and Long Island Sound.. Mine is a copy of a smaller Brockway,
typical for the sound was 22-24 feet. The sides are real high, it will
not swamp easy. The big flat bottom and square chine keeps the sides
up above the wakes, the old men worked lobster and nets over the
sides. Anyway, if you are interested, I could talk you through a quick
build and you could have a shiny new one of these in your drive in a
couple of weeks for about 600 bucks sans engine... I'm just
sayin' ;)

We just bought a grill for ours.. We can even throw the minibikes in
there and make a day of it... Mine does close to 20 mph loaded with a
25 horse and will go all day on 10 gallons of gas... I'm just
sayin'... ;)

I will stop now ...

[email protected] May 8th 08 08:30 PM

Trailering a pontoon boat

On May 8, 12:39*pm, wrote:
On May 8, 12:30*pm, wrote:

On May 8, 11:54*am, wrote:

On May 8, 10:39*am, wrote:

[...]

I will stop now *...- Hide quoted text -

I've always thought building a boat would be a fun project. Let's talk!

D-unit[_2_] May 8th 08 10:22 PM

Trailering a pontoon boat

wrote in message ...
I am thinking of making my next boat a pontoon boat in the 20 foot
range. I'd like to hear from people who own pontoons and especially
those who trailer them. Things that I'm thinking about is how hard to
load/unload, ease of towing, etc. Also, do you all fish with yours
using an electric trolling motor? One thing I'm wondering is how they
handle while using the trolling motor in the wind? Much difference
than a bass boat?

Do not buy a trailer for a pontoon manufactured by MFI. I have one
and the design s*cks. The paint peels off and the tires rub the underside
of the fenders when I go over any sort of bump in the road. The spindles
have bent slightly upward as well. Poor design in my opinion.

db

DK May 9th 08 01:35 AM

Trailering a pontoon boat

wrote:
On May 8, 10:39 am, wrote:
[...]

That transom is higher than those on 20' boats I've seen here!

Very nice.

[email protected] May 9th 08 02:15 AM

Trailering a pontoon boat

On May 8, 9:06*pm, JG2U wrote:
On Thu, 8 May 2008 08:30:39 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
On May 8, 11:11*am, anon wrote:
Rent one for a day. I rented one once and was very disappointed in the
performance but I'm sure there much nicer today.

Performance and pontoon don't go together. *Even today.

But the newer "deck" boats sitting on top of a planing hull can give
you something that is more the best of both worlds.

Bzzzt... wrong.

I have a 2000 Bennington 25' tri-toon with a 150hp Johnson. *It's a
35mph boat that I slalom ski behind. *Newer tri-toons do 50mph or
more, and pontoons have the undisputed best ride on the lake.

Planing hulls can beat you to death. *I've been out in white-cap
conditions that kept everyone else in... I was one of a couple boats
out. *Cant do that in a deck boat. *Or a twin-tube pontoon.

Pontoons are a pain to dock or load on a trailer. *Any cross wind
blows you around. *There's no hull to help hold you still in the
water. *But with some practice, it's OK.

I keep mine in a slip year-around, and only pull it out for cleanup
and maintenance, and for special trips on the trailer. *A 25'
Bennington is one hell of a trailer load.

Oh yeah, my boat will pound you to death for sure. Folks put bigger
engines on them, but the real beauty of them was 50 years ago when
engines were not so powerful and plentiful. That 8 horse will take you
anywhere you need to go at hull speed, all day, no gas... The three
horse kicker will get you home even at about 4-5 knots. It does blow
around though, is kind of wet, etc.. just a big ugly mobile hangin'
around in the sun rig.. ;)

Reginald P. Smithers III[_9_] May 9th 08 10:42 AM

Trailering a pontoon boat

wrote:
I am thinking of making my next boat a pontoon boat in the 20 foot
range. I'd like to hear from people who own pontoons and especially
those who trailer them. Things that I'm thinking about is how hard to
load/unload, ease of towing, etc. Also, do you all fish with yours
using an electric trolling motor? One thing I'm wondering is how they
handle while using the trolling motor in the wind? Much difference
than a bass boat?

As you know, they are popular on inland lakes as a party barge, but they
would be hard to handle in a cove with a electric trolling motor,
ESPECIALLY, with any kind of wind. You have much more wind surface to
act as a sall on a pontoon boat than you do on a bass boat.

If you want a boat to act as a floating dock, to bring lots of people to
spend the day on the water and to be able to have a grill and picnic on
the water, and maybe do some fishing, go with a pontoon boat.

If you want to be able to do serious fishing, working the shoreline and
coves with a trolling motor, go with a bass boat.

Jim May 9th 08 11:18 AM

Trailering a pontoon boat

"Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here wrote in message
[...]

Why are they called bass boats? What advantages do they offer serious
fisherman?

Reginald P. Smithers III[_9_] May 9th 08 12:35 PM

Trailering a pontoon boat

wrote:
[...]

To truly appreciate the advantages they offer an inland lake fisherman,
you really need to look at one. Everything about them are design to
meet the needs of an inland fisherman, from the placement of swivel
chairs designed for fishing, an open flat deck that allows one to easily
walk around the boat, the low freeboard to easily land the fish, low
draft so they will fish in very skinny water, the engine easily pulls of
the water so you don't hit the bottom when trolling in shallow water,
they include a mount for the trolling motor that will allow you to
easily control the rrolling motor with your foot from your fishing
chair, the storage is designed for storing fishing equipment, a built in
live well etc.

While you can pull water toys with a bass boat, it's reason for being it
fishing.

[email protected] May 9th 08 01:05 PM

Trailering a pontoon boat

On May 9, 5:42*am, "Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here
[...]

I've already got a bass boat.

[email protected] May 9th 08 01:10 PM

Trailering a pontoon boat

On May 8, 5:22*pm, "D-unit" wrote:
wrote in ...
I am thinking of making my next boat a pontoon boat in the 20 foot
range. I'd like to hear from people who own pontoons and especially
those who trailer them. Things that I'm thinking about is how hard to
load/unload, ease of towing, etc. Also, do you all fish with yours
using an electric trolling motor? One thing I'm wondering is how they
handle while using the trolling motor in the wind? Much difference
than a bass boat?

Do not buy a trailer for a pontoon manufactured by MFI. *I have one
and the design s*cks. *The paint peels off and the tires rub the underside
of the fenders when I go over any sort of bump in the road. *The spindles
have bent slightly upward as well. *Poor design in my opinion.

db

Thanks, I've cranial filed that information!

Jim May 9th 08 01:47 PM

Trailering a pontoon boat

"Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here wrote in message
. ..
Jim wrote:

[...]

I guess you need to be a serious fisherman to see and appreciate the
features. I'm not, so I don't.

Jim May 9th 08 02:54 PM

Trailering a pontoon boat

wrote in message
On Fri, 9 May 2008 06:18:28 -0400, "Jim" wrote:

Why are they called bass boats? What advantages do they offer serious
fisherman?

They also need to go 60 MPH!

Why? To get to the opposite shore when a shore fisherman there lands a big
one?

[email protected] May 9th 08 02:54 PM

Trailering a pontoon boat

On May 9, 8:47*am, "Jim" wrote:
"Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here wrote in messagenews:nJSdncJbwoMFqrnVnZ2dnUVZ_t2inZ2d@comca st.com...

Jim wrote:

[...]

features. I'm not, so I don't.- Hide quoted text -

s'ok... as long as you are happy with what'cha got, you probably won't
miss much;) The only thing I really don't like about bassboats is
there is no place to hunker down out of the wind and sun if for some
reason you are not feeling good that day.

[email protected] May 9th 08 02:57 PM

Trailering a pontoon boat

On May 8, 3:30*pm, wrote:
On May 8, 12:39*pm, wrote:

On May 8, 12:30*pm, wrote:

On May 8, 11:54*am, wrote:

On May 8, 10:39*am, wrote:

[...]

I've always thought building a boat would be a fun project. Let's talk!- Hide quoted text -

Send me the digits, I will give you a call...

Reginald P. Smithers III[_9_] May 9th 08 03:33 PM

Trailering a pontoon boat

wrote:
[...]

I am not a serious fisherman, but they are definitely set up for those
who are.

Reginald P. Smithers III[_9_] May 9th 08 03:35 PM

Trailering a pontoon boat

Jim wrote:

wrote in message
On Fri, 9 May 2008 06:18:28 -0400, "Jim" wrote:

Why are they called bass boats? What advantages do they offer serious
fisherman?

They also need to go 60 MPH!

Why? To get to the opposite shore when a shore fisherman there lands a
big one?

The serious answer is for bass tournaments, where everyone starts at a
specific location. You have only so much time to get to your fishing
location, catch your fish and get back for the weigh in.

Jim May 9th 08 04:20 PM

Trailering a pontoon boat

Jim wrote:

wrote in message
On Fri, 9 May 2008 06:18:28 -0400, "Jim" wrote:

Why are they called bass boats? What advantages do they offer serious
fisherman?

They also need to go 60 MPH!

Why? To get to the opposite shore when a shore fisherman there lands a
big one?

The serious answer is for bass tournaments, where everyone starts at a
specific location. You have only so much time to get to your fishing
location, catch your fish and get back for the weigh in.

Fishing is supposed to be fun and relaxing, not stressful.

[email protected] May 9th 08 04:21 PM

Trailering a pontoon boat

On May 9, 10:35*am, "Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here
wrote:
Jim wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 9 May 2008 06:18:28 -0400, "Jim" wrote:

Why are they called bass boats? What advantages do they offer serious
fisherman?

They also need to go 60 MPH!

Why? To get to the opposite shore when a shore fisherman there lands a
big one?

The serious answer is for bass tournaments, where everyone starts at a
specific location. *You have only so much time to get to your fishing
location, catch your fish and get back for the weigh in.

Only because they have the tourneys in places that make it necessary
and by rule make it part of the equation. Good or bad, it makes the
team and planning more a part of the game. Good for manufacturers who
want that footage of their boats doing 60 on perfectly flat, glass,
mamby pamby, baby water... pffffttt.

[email protected] May 9th 08 05:04 PM

Trailering a pontoon boat

On May 9, 11:20*am, "Jim" wrote:
"Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here wrote in messagenews:yOednSWJufw2_LnVnZ2dnUVZ_j6dnZ2d@comca st.com...

Jim wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 9 May 2008 06:18:28 -0400, "Jim" wrote:

Why are they called bass boats? What advantages do they offer serious
fisherman?

They also need to go 60 MPH!

Why? To get to the opposite shore when a shore fisherman there lands a
big one?

The serious answer is for bass tournaments, where everyone starts at a
specific location. *You have only so much time to get to your fishing
location, catch your fish and get back for the weigh in.

Fishing is supposed to be fun and relaxing, not stressful.- Hide quoted text -

Not when you are in a viagra boat;)

[email protected] May 9th 08 05:14 PM

Trailering a pontoon boat

On May 9, 12:04*pm, wrote:
On May 9, 11:20*am, "Jim" wrote:

"Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here wrote in messagenews:yOednSWJufw2_LnVnZ2dnUVZ_j6dnZ2d@comca st.com...

Jim wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 9 May 2008 06:18:28 -0400, "Jim" wrote:

Why are they called bass boats? What advantages do they offer serious
fisherman?

They also need to go 60 MPH!

Why? To get to the opposite shore when a shore fisherman there lands a
big one?

The serious answer is for bass tournaments, where everyone starts at a
specific location. *You have only so much time to get to your fishing
location, catch your fish and get back for the weigh in.

Fishing is supposed to be fun and relaxing, not stressful.- Hide quoted text -

Not when you are in a viagra boat;)- Hide quoted text -

I love speed, always have, always will!

[email protected] May 9th 08 05:15 PM

Trailering a pontoon boat

On May 9, 10:35*am, "Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here
wrote:
Jim wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 9 May 2008 06:18:28 -0400, "Jim" wrote:

Why are they called bass boats? What advantages do they offer serious
fisherman?

They also need to go 60 MPH!

Why? To get to the opposite shore when a shore fisherman there lands a
big one?

The serious answer is for bass tournaments, where everyone starts at a
specific location. *You have only so much time to get to your fishing
location, catch your fish and get back for the weigh in.

And they also take those boats where not many people will venture.

DownTime[_2_] May 9th 08 05:18 PM

Trailering a pontoon boat

wrote:
Interesting. Thanks, you've given me two perspectives......
I have a decent bass boat, but I would really like to have something
that can also be used as a party boat, too. Besides, sure would be
comfortable when striper fishing!!

For striper fishing, you might need one of these.

http://www.lilmynx.com/lilmynxwakepole.php

John H.[_4_] May 9th 08 05:26 PM

Trailering a pontoon boat

On Fri, 09 May 2008 10:35:10 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is
Here wrote:

Jim wrote:

wrote in message
On Fri, 9 May 2008 06:18:28 -0400, "Jim" wrote:

Why are they called bass boats? What advantages do they offer serious
fisherman?

They also need to go 60 MPH!

Why? To get to the opposite shore when a shore fisherman there lands a
big one?

The serious answer is for bass tournaments, where everyone starts at a
specific location. You have only so much time to get to your fishing
location, catch your fish and get back for the weigh in.

And, at least at the one tournament I watched, the fish must be alive at
the weigh in and able to swim away.

I don't know if that's the common practice, but I thought it was a nice
touch.
--
John *H*

John H.[_4_] May 9th 08 05:28 PM

Trailering a pontoon boat

On Fri, 09 May 2008 12:18:09 -0400, DownTime

Interesting. Thanks, you've given me two perspectives......
I have a decent bass boat, but I would really like to have something
that can also be used as a party boat, too. Besides, sure would be
comfortable when striper fishing!!

For striper fishing, you might need one of these.

http://www.lilmynx.com/lilmynxwakepole.php

Methinks you're getting stripper and striper mixed up, or maybe I am.
--
John *H*

Reginald P. Smithers III[_9_] May 9th 08 09:14 PM

Trailering a pontoon boat

Jim wrote:

wrote in message
On Fri, 9 May 2008 06:18:28 -0400, "Jim" wrote:

Why are they called bass boats? What advantages do they offer serious
fisherman?

They also need to go 60 MPH!

Why? To get to the opposite shore when a shore fisherman there lands
a big one?

The serious answer is for bass tournaments, where everyone starts at a
specific location. You have only so much time to get to your fishing
location, catch your fish and get back for the weigh in.

Fishing is supposed to be fun and relaxing, not stressful.

Obviously you have never watched Tournament Fishing. ;)

Jim May 9th 08 09:26 PM

Trailering a pontoon boat

Jim wrote:

wrote in message
On Fri, 9 May 2008 06:18:28 -0400, "Jim" wrote:

Why are they called bass boats? What advantages do they offer serious
fisherman?

They also need to go 60 MPH!

Why? To get to the opposite shore when a shore fisherman there lands a
big one?

The serious answer is for bass tournaments, where everyone starts at a
specific location. You have only so much time to get to your fishing
location, catch your fish and get back for the weigh in.

Fishing is supposed to be fun and relaxing, not stressful.

Obviously you have never watched Tournament Fishing. ;)
Is that anything like watching grass grow? ;-

DownTime[_2_] May 9th 08 10:32 PM

Trailering a pontoon boat

John H. wrote:
On Fri, 09 May 2008 12:18:09 -0400, DownTime

Interesting. Thanks, you've given me two perspectives......
I have a decent bass boat, but I would really like to have something
that can also be used as a party boat, too. Besides, sure would be
comfortable when striper fishing!!

For striper fishing, you might need one of these.

http://www.lilmynx.com/lilmynxwakepole.php

Methinks you're getting stripper and striper mixed up, or maybe I am.

It's always been confusing to me. ;)

Reginald P. Smithers III[_9_] May 9th 08 11:53 PM

Trailering a pontoon boat

Jim wrote:

wrote in message
On Fri, 9 May 2008 06:18:28 -0400, "Jim" wrote:

Why are they called bass boats? What advantages do they offer
serious
fisherman?

They also need to go 60 MPH!

Why? To get to the opposite shore when a shore fisherman there
lands a big one?

The serious answer is for bass tournaments, where everyone starts at
a specific location. You have only so much time to get to your
fishing location, catch your fish and get back for the weigh in.

Fishing is supposed to be fun and relaxing, not stressful.

Obviously you have never watched Tournament Fishing. ;)
Is that anything like watching grass grow? ;-

Very similar but grass is more exciting.

[email protected] May 10th 08 07:39 PM

Trailering a pontoon boat

On May 10, 2:12*pm, wrote:
On Fri, 09 May 2008 16:14:13 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
"Reggie is Here wrote:

The serious answer is for bass tournaments, where everyone starts at a
specific location. *You have only so much time to get to your fishing
location, catch your fish and get back for the weigh in.

Fishing is supposed to be fun and relaxing, not stressful.

Obviously you have never watched Tournament Fishing. *;)

Since the outboard companies are big sponsors of fishing tournaments
it is not surprising that they juggle the rules to favor the fastest
boats. Then your average Joe gets the idea that he needs 250HP to fish
his 1000 acre lake

yep... it's all about the sponsors...

Canuck57 May 10th 08 09:50 PM

Trailering a pontoon boat

"Jim" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Fri, 9 May 2008 06:18:28 -0400, "Jim" wrote:

Why are they called bass boats? What advantages do they offer serious
fisherman?

They also need to go 60 MPH!

Why? To get to the opposite shore when a shore fisherman there lands a big
one?

One of the lakes I most like fishing on is 38 miles long. If your cabin is
in the middle, that's 19 miles each way. Some of the best places to fish
are only 15' across 10 miles up, others 12 miles down the lake. I would
hate to use a pontoon boat on that lake.

HK May 10th 08 10:15 PM

Trailering a pontoon boat

Canuck57 wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
wrote in message
On Fri, 9 May 2008 06:18:28 -0400, "Jim" wrote:

Why are they called bass boats? What advantages do they offer serious
fisherman?
They also need to go 60 MPH!

Why? To get to the opposite shore when a shore fisherman there lands a big
one?

One of the lakes I most like fishing on is 38 miles long. If your cabin is
in the middle, that's 19 miles each way. Some of the best places to fish
are only 15' across 10 miles up, others 12 miles down the lake. I would
hate to use a pontoon boat on that lake.

Before I bought my first small boat in Jacksonville, Florida, I rented a
pontoon boat for a day of fishing on the St. Johns River. The boat was
fine for a couple of slackwater spots and in fact I enjoyed the
"platform" very much as I could cast lines almost anywhere I wanted and
then plunk down a boat chair for the retrieval or just to watch the bobber.

But the boat was lousy in the wind and even worse when a bit of a chop
built up. Very, very wet.

On Chesapeake Bay, where I mostly boat now, pontoon and tri-toon boats
are rare. I did see one last season about 10 miles up the Patuxent
River, and that's probably a good place for them...the river is wide
there, not that fast flowing, and usually relatively calm.

[email protected] May 11th 08 04:39 AM

Trailering a pontoon boat

On May 10, 5:15*pm, HK wrote:
Canuck57 wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
wrote in message
. ..
[...]

there, not that fast flowing, and usually relatively calm.- Hide quoted text -

Theres a chick that has a big one on the CT River, likes to hang
around Brockway Island camping. She however keeps a real weather eye.
If it seems it may get rough, she heads home with it and she has been
driving that boat for a lot of years..