Tim Tim is offline

Default Well, I'll say it now......

Don't take me wrong, I'm not wanting anyone to beg me to stay, that's
not the point of this post at all.

But actually, I don't think I'll be posting much on here either, and
maybe not at Chucks. Oh, nothing wrong with Chuck, or friend's I've
made here either, but I spend way to much time looking at a computer
screen.

Besides, I really haven't mentioned anything in the past, but my wife
has been diagnosed with non Hotchkins Lymphoma B. Yes, malignant, and
she just took her first chemo treatment monday. She's going to be
baptized with fire for a while. Every 21 days. She's a "illy-white
Irish redhead, and the last couple days she looked like she'd been
scalded, and really nausiated. It'sin stage 2 and the dr.s say there
is an excellent recovery rate for her stage and test profile which
I'm very thankful for. naturally she's going to start losing her hair,
which especially to women is one of the worst parts of the treatment,
but that's how it goes.

Not wanting high fuel prices to stand in the way I was still wanting
to do some good baoting this year, but i wanted to take her out on the
lake a lot. she likes boating, but now she has to stay protected fromt
he sun, and even with a bimibi top providing lots of shade we still
don't want to take chances. Besides, if she's not going, i really
don't want to go without her.

Maybe I'm just feeling down in the dumps right now... which I am, and
I didn't bring this up to bawl on anyones shoulders. And I might have
a different attitude tomorrow, but at the moment that's how I feel. I
may give rec.boats a break for a while. I'm not going to totally sign
out, but I need to spend less time sorting through the China spam and
political drivel, and take care of things here at home....

I know, y'all understand.

thanks!

Tim

HK HK is offline

Tim wrote:
[...]

Jeez, sorry to hear of this, Tim. I hope you and your bride get through
this in good fashion.

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 17:59:19 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

I know, y'all understand.

thanks!

Tim

Best of luck to you and yours. I have a good friend and former
colleague who is now 7 years along since his original diagnosis and
treatment with the same condition. He's doing just fine.

Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

I know, y'all understand.

thanks!

Tim

Best of luck to you and yours. *I *have a good friend and former
colleague who is now 7 years along since his original diagnosis and
treatment with the same condition. *He's doing just fine.

Thanks guys. That means a lot. Yes, We have friends that have gone
through the same thing and have been doing fine for several years now.
But y'know? Cancer is something that you always hear happening to
"someody else". But sometime, you are the "somebody else" .

But The dr.s have stated that with her condition and otherwise good
health, statisticly she has about an 83% recovery rate, which is great
news. But getting there is literally a hell on earth. Then I get to
thinking that she might be in the unlucky 17%. I know it's not healthy
for anyone to dwell on that. A good attitude is a great key to
recovery.

She/we are going to be tied up with treatments all summer so probably
boating will be a rare occasion, and yes, she'll feel a lot worse
before she gets better. But that's the way it is.

.

"Tim" wrote in message
Don't take me wrong, I'm not wanting anyone to beg me to stay, that's
not the point of this post at all.

But actually, I don't think I'll be posting much on here either, and
maybe not at Chucks. Oh, nothing wrong with Chuck, or friend's I've
made here either, but I spend way to much time looking at a computer
screen.

snip.....

Sorry to hear that Tim... best of luck to your wife and you.
My wife had her cancer scare in 2004... our 1st summer retired from work.
She came through the operation great and her semi-annual..and now annual
checkups have been excellent.
I'll pray that you have similar good fortune.

Tim wrote:

Maybe I'm just feeling down in the dumps right now...

which I am, and
I didn't bring this up to bawl on anyones shoulders. And I might have
a different attitude tomorrow, but at the moment that's how I feel. I
may give rec.boats a break for a while. I'm not going to totally sign
out, but I need to spend less time sorting through the China spam and
political drivel, and take care of things here at home....

I know, y'all understand.

You have our best thoughts and wishes for a complete
recovery. Take care...
Senior Member

On Apr 24, 8:59*pm, Tim wrote:
[...]

Got your email, our prayers are with your wife, and you too. Fight
hard man, don't let her give up man. If for any reason you get out
this way, look us up. We don't have much, but we got enough to share

wrote:

[...]

Best wishes to you and your wife. As your wife's caretaker, as she goes
through this tough treatment you will spend a lot of time taking care of
her. Make sure you remember to take care of the caretaker, he will need
the support as much as she does.

On Apr 24, 8:59*pm, Tim wrote:
[...]

Good luck Tim. I wish you and yours the best. Anything I can do, email
me.

wrote:

I know, y'all understand.

thanks!

Tim

Best of luck to you and yours. *I *have a good friend and former
colleague who is now 7 years along since his original diagnosis and
treatment with the same condition. *He's doing just fine.

I also have a family member who was treated for this condition a few
years back and fully recovered, is doing fantastic. Good luck Tim,
we'll all still be here talking the same nonsense and will be happy
to hear from you when you feel like checking in again.

richforman