Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Trucks

My mechanic kid was just by, yakking at me about work.
He does truck suspensions, lots of them.
F-150's to FD ladder trucks.
Heres what he says about the little ones, F-150's and GM 1500's.
The F-150's shorter than the 8' bed now have struts instead of coils.
All the 1500's have struts now. Very light duty tie rods.
Some disappointed guys thought they could put a plow on these trucks,
but they aren't suitable for plowing.
He's a GM guy himself, but if he gets a truck it will be a Ford.
He barely mentioned Chryco, and my brain basically shuts down then
anyhow, but I can ask if anybody cares.
So if you're shopping for a truck, know what you're getting.
I didn't get all the details, but that's the gist of it.
What surprised me is all the lame trucks he sees with 2 seats
and 4' bed.
I say lame because to me a PU without an 8' bed is lame,
but that's just me. I want to be able to throw sheetrock and plywood
in there.

--Vic