Default Microsoft's "New Coke"

I know some people will not believe this, but this is the God's honest
truth.

I just got an email from my son. I told him I would purchase him a new
laptop when he starts his post graduate work next fall. I had been
reviewing the laptops in the marketplace, and decided on Lenovo, MACPRO
was just too damn expensive. Lenovo build a first class, dependable
computer very popular business and professionals because they are so
reliable. They build them without all of the freeware, demoware,
spyware and general bloatware that you find on so many mfg'ers. This
crap can turn a good computer into a piece of crap that runs at a
snail's pace. Dell has stopped putting it into their very limited
business line of computers, but still loads up consumer models with all
of this stuff. I read that Dell makes about $60 for every computer they
put this into, so they have refused to remove it from the bulk of their
computers, but it might be why they are having financial problems.

I told my son I could get him a Lenovo with WinXP fully loaded as long
as I purchased it before June 30 and I wanted to know if he wanted a 14"
or 15" screen. His reply to me was:

"At my job I spent most of my time using a Mac, but I did have to use a
PC for certain projects. It had Windows Vista on it, and i am certain
history will call Vista Microsoft's version of "New Coke". I really
appreciate your offer to buy me a new laptop, but could you just give me
the money you were going to spend on the Lenovo, and let me buy a MAC".

That is a strong statement for MAC's when a college student would rather
spend his own money upgrading to a MAC than use a PC, and is an example
of why Apple's market share continues to grow. My son is a pretty smart
guy and I guess that is why a top tier school gave him a complete
scholarship, and is paying him a decent salary to continue his
education. He is too smart to buy into MS's "NEW COKE".

On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 17:30:55 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
"Reggie is Here wrote:

He is too smart to buy into MS's "NEW COKE".

Accodring to Bill Gates, the next browser/op system is in the works
and a beta will be released by Fall. They intend the release to go
live in another year or thereabouts.

Vista will be the 21st Century version of ME.
Tim Tim is offline

On Apr 5, 6:24*pm, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 17:30:55 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III"

Vista will be the 21st Century version of ME.

Vista will be the 21st Century version of ....YOU??

Cripes!

HK HK is offline

wrote:
On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 17:30:55 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III"

Vista will be the 21st Century version of ME.

Vista will be the 21st Century version of ....YOU??

Cripes!

He's referring to an old modest version of Windoze OS, probably the one
he uses on his 80286 desktop.

wrote:
On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 17:30:55 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III"

Vista will be the 21st Century version of ME.

Vista will be the 21st Century version of ....YOU??

Cripes!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Me

Moron... :)

HK HK is offline

wrote:
On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 17:30:55 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
Vista will be the 21st Century version of ME.

Vista will be the 21st Century version of ....YOU??

Cripes!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Me

Moron... :)

You have to wonder about the level of, well, hatred in this newsgroup
for a computer operating system virtually none of the naysayers run.

wrote:
On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 17:30:55 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
Vista will be the 21st Century version of ME.
Vista will be the 21st Century version of ....YOU??

Cripes!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Me

Moron... *:)

You have to wonder about the level of, well, hatred in this newsgroup
for a computer operating system virtually none of the naysayers run.

Do you think the programmers and engineers at Microsoft itself don't
know what they are talking about when they acknowledge numerous
problems and try to offer fixes for those problems? Are they doing it
out of hatred?
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:
On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 17:30:55 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III"

Vista will be the 21st Century version of ME.

Vista will be the 21st Century version of ....YOU??

Cripes!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Me

Moron... *:)

moron what? Computers? Think Honeywell!

wrote:
On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 17:30:55 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III"

Vista will be the 21st Century version of ME.

Vista will be the 21st Century version of ....YOU??

Cripes!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Me

Moron... :)

moron what? Computers? Think Honeywell!

Honeywell..... Honeywell, all they know is thermostats.

"Reggie is Here wrote:

He is too smart to buy into MS's "NEW COKE".

Accodring to Bill Gates, the next browser/op system is in the works
and a beta will be released by Fall. They intend the release to go
live in another year or thereabouts.

Vista will be the 21st Century version of ME.

Bill Gates knows a dog when he sees it.