HK HK is offline

Default I borrowed your car...

You know, the one you trusted me to drive?

Well, a funny thing happened - I drove it into the lake.
I didn't know the water was as deep as it was, you see.

It's not my fault.
Really.

And now you want me to get it out?
Quit carping at me. It's in the water up to the windows now, and what's
done is done. I can't undrive it into the lake, you know.
You're being counter-productive with all your criticism.

So anyway, here's what I'm proposing.
The motor's still running, albeit a bit roughly, so I'm going to drive
it further into the lake. Certainly the water out there is shallower, as
all my lake advisers insist.

What? Of course they're the same people who told me it would be a great
idea to drive your car into the lake. They are, after all, the experts.

Anyway - if I drive the car far enough forward, I'm bound to get to the
other side of the lake eventually. It just stands to reason.

If I let you drive it back out of the lake, it's a defeatist approach.

I know it's your car, not mine, and that it's already badly damaged -
but it's a small price to pay to realize my dream of driving your car
across the lake.

Besides - if we pull it out now, the lake wins.

On Mar 23, 12:31*pm, HK wrote:
[...]

That has to be one of the stupidest things I've read all day. Go back
to watching Drew Carey reruns.

Lost In Space/Woodchuck wrote:
were you the one which made CNN video? Standing on the roof yelling for
help...

"...which made CNN video?"

:}

Dropped out after the third grade, eh?

Refer to your wife (if you have one) as "the" wife?
HK HK is offline

wrote:
On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 12:31:27 -0400, HK wrote:

[...]

I get the joke. You do realize the last 3 presidents have been trying
to drive across the lake? If so ... good one.

George. H.W. Bush knew how far in to drive, before backing out.
William J. Clinton was smart enough to not drive in at all.

"HK" wrote in message
[...]

Bill let Monica drive.

HK HK is offline

Canuck57 wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
[...]

Good idea, too. Far fewer Americans, civilians or soldiers, were killed
while Bill was otherwise occupied. Perhaps if Dubya had an outlet...

"HK" wrote in message
Canuck57 wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
[...]

Seems like WJC's war in the Balkans is still a shooting war.