BoatBanter.com

-   -   In case you didn't know... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/92275-case-you-didnt-know.html)

HK March 15th 08 03:26 PM

In case you didn't know...

The long axis of the orbit of Mercury precesses by 43 arc-secs per
century. This value was correctly predicted by Einstein's theory, but
not by Newton.

William Bruce March 15th 08 05:06 PM

In case you didn't know...

"HK" wrote in message
The long axis of the orbit of Mercury precesses by 43 arc-secs per
century. This value was correctly predicted by Einstein's theory, but not
by Newton.

Harry Karusie
Expert-at-Large
Have Wikipedia, Will Travel

Ernest Scribbler March 15th 08 05:11 PM

In case you didn't know...

"HK" wrote
The long axis of the orbit of Mercury precesses by 43 arc-secs per
century. This value was correctly predicted by Einstein's theory, but not
by Newton.

Does your Einstein have a cookie named after him? Hmm?

HK March 15th 08 05:19 PM

In case you didn't know...

Ernest Scribbler wrote:
"HK" wrote
The long axis of the orbit of Mercury precesses by 43 arc-secs per
century. This value was correctly predicted by Einstein's theory, but not
by Newton.

Does your Einstein have a cookie named after him? Hmm?

Up your fig.

As a point of fact, I have a buddy whose email "tags" contain
ever-changing scientific tidbits. This was one of them.

[email protected] March 17th 08 12:34 PM

In case you didn't know...

On Mar 15, 1:19*pm, HK wrote:
Ernest Scribbler wrote:
"HK" wrote
The long axis of the orbit of Mercury precesses by 43 arc-secs per
century. This value was correctly predicted by Einstein's theory, but not
by Newton.

Does your Einstein have a cookie named after him? Hmm?

Up your fig.

As a point of fact, I have a buddy whose email "tags" contain
ever-changing scientific tidbits. This was one of them.

Wow, you didn't even have to Google search to try and make people here
believe you actually know something.