NOYB

Default OT...and a little bit on-topic

Excellent news Paul. I guess that's why the domestics have closed the gap
(and sometimes surpassed) the imports in initial quality. How long have you
been there? Was there a time when that policy wasn't the norm?

How about the other issues mentioned in the Time magazine article? (ie-line
workers with broader job classifications and training to do preventive
maintenance). Can an assembly worker change a fuse, for instance...or does
this require a "skilled tradesman"? If Ford, GM, and Chrysler's unions are
allowing these things now, then kudos to them.

Here's an excerpt:

"But job classifications at transplant factories are broader. Line workers
are trained in a variety of tasks - say, spot welding as well as interior
assembly - and they rotate jobs frequently. They're less susceptible to
boredom and repetitive-stress injuries. They're also trained to do
preventive maintenance. At Toyota plants, every assembly-line worker has the
authority to stop the line if he or she spots, say, a flaw in a windshield.
More important, workers are encouraged by management to do so.
The long and often bitter relationship between the Big Three and the UAW
means that their work practices are rooted not in mutual trust but in a
system of sometimes picky rules. A "skilled tradesman" may be required to
change a fuse in an assembly-line machine, a task that an assembly worker
could easily be trained to perform. Work rules differ from plant to plant
because agreements are negotiated with local union leaders. If a tradesman
notices a line worker fiddling with equipment, he may file a grievance,
claiming that his job is being undercut by a lower-paid employee."

"Paul Schilter" paulschilter@comcast,dot,net wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
link.net...

I attribute the quality differences to several things. If you read the
article, you saw where it said Cadillac is #2 in initial

quality...second
only to Lexus (toyota). They attribute it to Cadillac's recent adoption

of
"flexible assembly"...things like the ability of any line-worker to stop

the
line dead if he/she sees any quality issue or defect. Unions have so

far
prevented this in most of the factories they have a presence in. That's

the
main thing I attribute the quality differences to. It costs $300 to 500
more per vehicle to make a Chrysler, Ford, or GM car. Obviously, that
difference has to be made up somewhere...and it probably is coming off

of
the quality of the parts/materials.

NOYB,
At Ford's Romeo Engine Plant, any worker who sees a defect is

"expected"
to stop the line. I work there, and the last thing we want to produce is

faulty product. It comes down to job pride and job security. I'm an
electrician there and I can tell you that quality is job one.
Paul

Don White

I'll wait my turn.
The more 'needy' in the group can go first.

Jim wrote in message
Bright idea...take away the dentist and automate it. Just put your head

in this little
machine and say ahhhh.

Maybe brain surgery can be automated next. You want to be the first

patient Don?

Harry Krause

NOYB wrote:

I can't remember...but you sure did have not-so-nice words to say about 'em.

As an aside...
Harry's been on my back about not posting my real name on here. Well, the
problem with posting your real name is that it tends to temper the opinions
you might post here. You held back giving your honest opinion out of fear
some lunatic here would pass along your comments to Wal-Mart. To me, that's
enough reason to stay anonymous.

Yeah, like I temper my opinions here because I post with my real name.
Another crock from HappyTooth.

You don't post with your name here because you know you will lose
customers if they were aware of your self-centered, selfish,
anti-humanistic feelings.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

Don White

Isn't that what your Dubya Bush is looking for?
Other countries to jump on your coattails shouting rah rah to support the
'home team' in your questionable adventures.
I thought you Jr Republicans would appreciate that.

NOYB wrote in message
hlink.net...
Don is a lemming. He's always around for a "yeah-what-he-said", but never
fights his own battles.

Jim

"Don White" wrote in message
Isn't that what your Dubya Bush is looking for?
Other countries to jump on your coattails shouting rah rah to support the
'home team' in your questionable adventures.
I thought you Jr Republicans would appreciate that.

Nope, your country is a prime example. We went it without you. But we really did not
need a bunch of no brain canooks anyway.

So are you ready for your automated teeth cleaning Don? Stick your head in the box and
open wide.

That was one fantastic idea Don. I am sure it will catch on fast in Canada.

Bill Cole

Harry, Who are you customers? Who do your contacts at those customers?

NOYB wrote in message
hlink.net...
Don is a lemming. He's always around for a "yeah-what-he-said", but

never
fights his own battles.

I don't know for sure, but I bet Don White is the name of a real
individual here. Whereas NOYB is the handle of a fellow who is afraid
his beliefs will cost him customers.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

NOYB

Harry,
You only keep company with like-minded individuals who share your hate of
conservatives, capitalism, and Republicans. It's easy to say whatever you
want when you have a "job" where the sole purpose is to promote class
warfare, spread false propaganda, and enhance the left's hatred of
Republicans.

You intend to do an article about how the Bush tax cut hasn't created jobs
in the 750 companies that are being polled on the matter. How many of the
people in these companies do you think would be receptive to your questions
if they knew you and what you stand for? Or if they have read the **** you
post here?

Your "job" deals with political issues. Mine doesn't. I come here for
amusement and to stoke the fire a little. What I say here has no
correlation with the level of professionalism that each and every patient in
my office receives. When they walk through my door, they're
"patients"...not Republicans, Democrats, liberals, conservatives, straight,
gay, adulterers, union members, non-union members, black, white, etc. I know
the difference between harmless bickering on Usenet, and real-life
interaction. I know that you know the difference as well. That's why, if
you and I ever met and went fishing, we'd probably have a decent time...with
a lot of zingers flying back and forth. I'm not so sure many individuals do
know the difference, however. basskisser, for instance, really does have
some "issues" that could be helped with counseling. Something read out of
context on the internet has the ability to send some loony over the edge.
It's the same reason you refuse to post pictures of your lobster boat.
You've said before that you're afraid some nut case might take a pot shot at
you while you're on the water.

Nevertheless, I'll remain anonymous...and keep putting you in your place
when needed.

NOYB wrote:

[...]

NOYB

NOYB wrote in message
hlink.net...
Don is a lemming. He's always around for a "yeah-what-he-said", but

never
fights his own battles.

I don't know for sure, but I bet Don White is the name of a real
individual here. Whereas NOYB is the handle of a fellow who is afraid
his beliefs will cost him customers.

If you're truly posting your *real* beliefs on Usenet, then you need
professional help. I come here for entertainment. Some guys, like
basskisser, have such a deep-seated hatred of the right, that it's fun for
me to play Devil's Advocate, stoke the coals, and take *any* stance that is
opposite of theirs. I figured you for my "anti-self"...you do the same, but
on the opposite end of the political spectrum. Now, I'm starting to believe
that you really do believe all of that **** you post here....which makes you
a rather disturbed individual. All the more reason I'll never post under my
real name.

NOYB

"Jim" wrote in message

"Don White" wrote in message
Isn't that what your Dubya Bush is looking for?
Other countries to jump on your coattails shouting rah rah to support

the
'home team' in your questionable adventures.
I thought you Jr Republicans would appreciate that.

Nope, your country is a prime example. We went it without you. But we

really did not
need a bunch of no brain canooks anyway.

So are you ready for your automated teeth cleaning Don? Stick your head

in the box and
open wide.

That was one fantastic idea Don. I am sure it will catch on fast in

Canada.

It better. Socialized medicine will drive all of the decent docs away.

Harry Krause

NOYB wrote:

Harry,
You only keep company with like-minded individuals who share your hate of
conservatives, capitalism, and Republicans.

You have no idea with whom I "keep company." I certainly don't have much
use for today's conservatives, but there are some Republicans with whom
I have cordial relationships.

It's easy to say whatever you
want when you have a "job" where the sole purpose is to promote class
warfare, spread false propaganda, and enhance the left's hatred of
Republicans.

Class warfare? Oh, you mean helping the less than wealthy obtain and
hang onto a share of the American dream for themselves and their
children. I plead guilty to that. As for propaganda, nothing I do
compares with the damage done by the Republican Bush political machine.
Republicans generate all the hate they need on their own. My help is not
needed.

You intend to do an article about how the Bush tax cut hasn't created jobs
in the 750 companies that are being polled on the matter.

No, I intend to write an article on the number and location of good jobs
at substantial companies actually created by the Bush tax cuts, or, at
least, connected to them. They are not easy to find.

How many of the
people in these companies do you think would be receptive to your questions
if they knew you and what you stand for? Or if they have read the **** you
post here?

Our surveyors simply are asking executives at various companies what
hiring they have done because of the tax cuts. Their responses will
determine the story.

Your "job" deals with political issues.

Indeed it does.

Nevertheless, I'll remain anonymous...and keep putting you in your place
when needed.

Still delusional, eh?

--
* * *