Default Umbrella Rigs and Suchlike

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 07:40:08 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is
Here wrote:

HK wrote:
HK wrote:
There were a few questions a couple of weeks ago about umbrella rigs.

Here's a commercial webpage that shows a variety of umbrella rigs,
their components, variations, et cetera.

http://www.cnksal****ertackle.com/home.html

I don't like to troll for stripers very much, but if I get talked into
it, I like to drag a tandem rig. This consists of a deep-diving hard
lure, a Rapala usually, tied to a three way swivel. I tie a soft plastic
bait on a jig hook to the other swivel eye, and the third swivel eye,
of course, is tied to the fishing line.

The deep-diving lure pulls the soft plastic lure down, too, and if
you've put the jig hook into that lure straight and true, it won't twist
as it is dragged.

The tandem setup was shown to me years ago by a really good north
Florida fishermen. I've seen it written up a few times in different
places, so it must be a fairly well known method. It does work, and to
me it is a lot more fun than dragging and then reeling in some ungainly
umbrella rig.

I heard the larger ones can give one hell of a fight. While I have
caught and eaten large mouth, with my limited fishing experience I have
never caught a striper. Do you ever bring them home for a dinner?

Yes, they're good eating, as long as they're not too big. I like them
around 24" or so.
--
John H

Umbrella Rigs and Suchlike John H.[_3_] General 44 March 1st 08 02:59 PM
Umbrella Rigs and Suchlike HK General 12 March 1st 08 04:04 AM
Umbrella policies being gutted by State Farm Hamish General 58 July 20th 07 12:58 AM
Happy Holidays & Suchlike Franko General 0 December 25th 04 10:00 PM
hatch umbrella Parallax Cruising 1 October 27th 04 07:32 PM