Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
HK HK is offline

Default A visit to the local marina, interrupted by...

....took a quick ride over to the local marina, just to see what, if
anything, was happening. Nothing was happening, and the owner had his
bulldozer and loader blocking the big storage area to keep out vandals
and thieves and their vehicles out. Good idea.

Anyway, I walked along the gravel roadway down to the ramps and back,
and noticed the ice in the channel was thick enough to support some
ducks using it as a platform for whatever ducks do this time of year.

All of a sudden, three deer, whitetails, ran right in front of me, maybe
15 feet away, from one side of the marina towards a forest of reeds on
the other side of a boat storage area.

Made my day.

Oh, amazingly, down by the fish cleaning station, there was no "aroma de
dead fish." I guess the smell does dissipate after a few months!

October 19- Travel, Interrupted Skip Gundlach Cruising 0 October 24th 07 01:45 AM
Some local history RCE General 1 July 4th 07 03:28 PM
Es Local ferry ŽiŠardo Tall Ship Photos 0 April 4th 07 10:00 PM
Aftermath of 'surge' at local marina JohnH General 0 September 7th 06 02:12 PM
Local Sea Scouts needs your help Ship Skipper General 7 February 7th 05 10:24 PM