Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.outdoors.rv-travel, alt.rv, rec.boats, rec.boats.building
GSS GSS is offline

Default Kohler 6.5KW CZ generator blowing fuse

I have a gas powered 6.5 KW Kohler generator Model 6.5CZ that blows
the 10 amp input fuse whenever I shut it down from the engine mounted
or remote kill switches. It then won't restart until I install a new
fuse. Does anyone have any idea what would be causing this? The unit
starts & runs fine, and for now, I stop it by removing the fuse and
then replace it once it is shut down.

There is a second fuse, but this goes to the battery charging system
and seems to be unaffected by the stopping sequence. I have this
posted to a couple of boating & RV groups so I hope someone can help
me on it. Please feel free to respond to my email directly if you're
reluctant to respond to the group.

Thanks in advance.