Default Calif Bill

wrote in message
Looked at SFGate, pictures show a couple of inches of snow on Mt.
Diablo. I've never been up there when it had snow on it, I'd like to
be there to go for a hike on the Falls Trail Loop.

They normally close the upper park to cars when it snows. You will get your
hike getting to the snow. I looked out the window, but is raining and the
mountain is covered in clouds so can not see the snow. They were
forecasting that chains may be required for the morning commute in some
upper (1500') elevation areas around the bay. Snow to 1000' level. I live
at about 430' and was cold. Pouring hard last night 10 pm when went to get
wife at the airport. Lots of flight delays in the country. She was
scheduled for an 8:45 arrival and made it in about 10:30 pm. Almost did not
make the airport last night as doing about 68 mph in the 65 zone and kid in
a small car misses me by about 2" doing about a 100 in the rain. Close
behind him is another kid doing close to the speed. Not a good time to be
racing. They did get slowed down before the traffic jam a little in front
of us.

On Jan 22, 5:00*pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:

[...]

How about today, can you see the mountain? I had a good view from my
townhouse in Martinez.

wrote in message

[...]

Did you go to the mountain or did the mountain come to you?

Enquiring minds...er...

Never mind. :)

wrote in message

[...]

The mountain stays put. Actually have not seen the mountain this morning.
Rained all night, and they said snow at 1000'. We will have lots of snow on
the hills behind Livermore. They seem to get more than Diablo.

wrote in message

[...]

the hills behind Livermore. *They seem to get more than Diablo.- Hide quoted text -

True, I think the breeze from the bay keeps Diablo a little warmer
sometimes during the winter

Yo!! Calif Bill... [email protected] General 4 December 7th 07 08:05 PM
Yo!! Calif Bill... DownTime[_2_] General 0 December 7th 07 01:59 PM
Yo Calif Bill basskisser General 9 December 21st 06 08:26 PM
YO - Calif Bill!! JohnH General 2 April 30th 06 08:35 PM
Calif Bill Jim Carter General 30 February 13th 04 03:28 AM