Senior Member

Default OT, insight on Tom T*m GPS for Mrs...

Any real reason the smallest one (on sale for 149.00) should not do
her well. I know the bigger one has a bigger screen, and the big one
you can add a SD card. We might do one or two big trips a year, but
mostly around the tri state area maybe 100 miles max when we do take
off somewhere. Anyway, any comments, what should I know, how do I hook
it up... arrrrrrgh? Is the one I got adequate?

Thanks. justwait
Senior Member

On Dec 24, 8:19*pm, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 17:03:41 -0800 (PST),

wrote:
Any real reason the smallest one (on sale for 149.00) should not do
her well. I know the bigger one has a bigger screen, and the big one
you can add a SD card. We might do one or two big trips a year, but
mostly around the tri state area maybe 100 miles max when we do take
off somewhere. Anyway, any comments, what should I know, how do I hook
it up... arrrrrrgh? Is the one I got adequate?

Thanks. justwait

The TomTom One? *It's great - same one I have.

Just when you update it, make sure you use TomTom Home 2, not Home 1
which came with the GPS. *Install TomTom Home 1, then upgrade it, then
update the latest sat data.

It's pretty simple.

Thanks, she never even hinted about it, think I got her really
surprised.

wrote:
Any real reason the smallest one (on sale for 149.00) should not do
her well. I know the bigger one has a bigger screen, and the big one
you can add a SD card. We might do one or two big trips a year, but
mostly around the tri state area maybe 100 miles max when we do take
off somewhere. Anyway, any comments, what should I know, how do I hook
it up... arrrrrrgh? Is the one I got adequate?

Thanks. justwait

The TomTom One? *It's great - same one I have.

Just when you update it, make sure you use TomTom Home 2, not Home 1
which came with the GPS. *Install TomTom Home 1, then upgrade it, then
update the latest sat data.

It's pretty simple.

So how do I upgrade to tom tom 2?? I guess I am less than simple
Senior Member

On Dec 26, 8:55*pm, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 17:39:30 -0800 (PST),

wrote:
Any real reason the smallest one (on sale for 149.00) should not do
her well. I know the bigger one has a bigger screen, and the big one
you can add a SD card. We might do one or two big trips a year, but
mostly around the tri state area maybe 100 miles max when we do take
off somewhere. Anyway, any comments, what should I know, how do I hook
it up... arrrrrrgh? Is the one I got adequate?

Thanks. justwait

The TomTom One? *It's great - same one I have.

Just when you update it, make sure you use TomTom Home 2, not Home 1
which came with the GPS. *Install TomTom Home 1, then upgrade it, then
update the latest sat data.

It's pretty simple.

So how do I upgrade to tom tom 2?? I guess I am less than simple

You got a disk with your unit - just install it - that's TomTom Home.
Before you plug in your GPS to update the GPS fix info and the unit
upgrade, upgrade the interface software to TomTom Home 2.

It's right on the screen - can't miss it.

When Home 2 is running, then hook up the GPS and update it.- Hide quoted text -

No disk in the package, and it was pretty bulletproof...
Senior Member

wrote:
[...]

No disk in the package, and it was pretty bulletproof...- Hide quoted text -

Help says I am running version 2.1.2.121. Is that what you are talking
about, what you run?

wrote:
[...]

What unit are you using?
Senior Member

wrote:
[...]

What unit are you using?- Hide quoted text -

tom tom 1

wrote:
[...]

So when you connect it to your compuer, what happens?