BoatBanter.com

-   -   Interested in starting your own worm farm or Catoba Worm Farm (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/89099-interested-starting-your-own-worm-farm-catoba-worm-farm.html)

millard63 December 22nd 07 04:14 AM

Interested in starting your own worm farm or Catoba Worm Farm

http://catoba-worms.blogspot.com If youre interested in starting your
own worm farm, or intersted in Catabo Worms check out this link
http://catoba-worms.blogspot.com. Please feel free to give any advice
on how I should go about starting out my new Catoba Worm Farm, and if
the people in this group think this is a good idea http://catoba-worms.blogspot.com
Check the link out the find out my plans, and or if youre intersted in
starting your own worm farm. Theres a lot of money to be made in
worms, inparticulary Catoba Worms http://catoba-worms.blogspot.com

HK December 22nd 07 04:18 AM

millard63 wrote:
http://catoba-worms.blogspot.com If youre interested in starting your
own worm farm, or intersted in Catabo Worms check out this link
http://catoba-worms.blogspot.com. Please feel free to give any advice
on how I should go about starting out my new Catoba Worm Farm, and if
the people in this group think this is a good idea http://catoba-worms.blogspot.com
Check the link out the find out my plans, and or if youre intersted in
starting your own worm farm. Theres a lot of money to be made in
worms, inparticulary Catoba Worms http://catoba-worms.blogspot.com

Finally, work suitable for retired Army colonels.

millard63 December 22nd 07 04:39 AM

On Dec 21, 11:18*pm, HK wrote:
millard63 wrote:
http://catoba-worms.blogspot.comIf youre interested in starting your
own worm farm, or intersted in Catabo Worms check out this link
http://catoba-worms.blogspot.com. Please feel free to give any advice
on how I should go about starting out my new Catoba Worm Farm, and if
the people in this group think this is a good ideahttp://catoba-worms.blogspot.com
Check the link out the find out my plans, and or if youre intersted in
starting your own worm farm. *Theres a lot of money to be made in
worms, inparticulary Catoba Wormshttp://catoba-worms.blogspot.com

Finally, work suitable for retired Army colonels.

yes opening a Catoba Worm farm would definately be different and very
potentially profitable. Think if you managed to get a Contract with
Wal-mart for Catoba Worms.....and so many boxes Delivered. Yes I
would say it would be a good thing for you.

HK December 22nd 07 12:18 PM

millard63 wrote:
On Dec 21, 11:18 pm, HK wrote:
millard63 wrote:
http://catoba-worms.blogspot.comIf youre interested in starting your
own worm farm, or intersted in Catabo Worms check out this link
http://catoba-worms.blogspot.com. Please feel free to give any advice
on how I should go about starting out my new Catoba Worm Farm, and if
the people in this group think this is a good ideahttp://catoba-worms.blogspot.com
Check the link out the find out my plans, and or if youre intersted in
starting your own worm farm. Theres a lot of money to be made in
worms, inparticulary Catoba Wormshttp://catoba-worms.blogspot.com

Finally, work suitable for retired Army colonels.

yes opening a Catoba Worm farm would definately be different and very
potentially profitable. Think if you managed to get a Contract with
Wal-mart for Catoba Worms.....and so many boxes Delivered. Yes I
would say it would be a good thing for you.

\
They'd have to be Chinese worms.

millard63 December 23rd 07 02:47 AM

On Dec 22, 7:18*am, HK wrote:
millard63 wrote:
On Dec 21, 11:18 pm, HK wrote:
millard63 wrote:
[...]

They'd have to be Chinese worms.- Hide quoted text -

why, do chinese have catoba worms?

[email protected] December 23rd 07 03:04 AM

Interested in starting your own worm farm or Catoba Worm Farm

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade but I've had Catoba trees for
years. Granted the worms make great fresh water bait but I give 'em to
my friends. I don't recall anyone ever offering to pay for them. Heck,
they grow all over the place. And using the worms for bait isn't
something new. Doesn't everybody already know about them?
If you can sell 'em, more power to you. But most people already have
access to them for free.
Good luck though....
Rick

millard63 December 23rd 07 05:17 AM

wrote:
http://catoba-worms.blogspot.comIf youre interested in starting your
own worm farm, or intersted in Catabo Worms check out this link
http://catoba-worms.blogspot.com. Please feel free to give any advice
on how I should go about starting out my new Catoba Worm Farm, and if
the people in this group think this is a good ideahttp://catoba-worms.blogspot.com
Check the link out the find out my plans, and or if youre intersted in
starting your own worm farm. *Theres a lot of money to be made in
worms, inparticulary Catoba Wormshttp://catoba-worms.blogspot.com- Hide quoted text -

water also is free, but there is an entire industry on bottled water,
when you could simply just go to the restroom and drink from the
fountain, " Do you get what I am getting at with the Catoba worm
farm" Yes you can find them in the wild, but most of the time its on
someone elses property or you have to ask them if you can have some.

It just seems it would be allot easier to buy Catoba Worms (for the
average joe fisherman) in a store like wal-mart. Heck for that matter
you can dig regular worms up, but they still sell them in stores.

Thanks for the input though and you are a nice neighbor for giving
your worms away. If I had a Catoba Worm farm I would give to my
friends and relatives to I suppose. But far as the general public,
well they could just buy them in stores.

Short Wave Sportfishing December 23rd 07 11:05 AM

Interested in starting your own worm farm or Catoba Worm Farm

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 18:47:29 -0800 (PST), millard63
wrote:

On Dec 22, 7:18*am, HK wrote:
millard63 wrote:
On Dec 21, 11:18 pm, HK wrote:
millard63 wrote:
[...]

What the heel is a catoba worm?

John H. December 23rd 07 11:31 AM

Interested in starting your own worm farm or Catoba Worm Farm

wrote:

On Dec 22, 7:18*am, HK wrote:
millard63 wrote:
On Dec 21, 11:18 pm, HK wrote:
millard63 wrote:
[...]

I just now wasted 10 minutes of what little life I have remaining trying to
find the answer to that question. Google was not my friend. I think it's a
made up term.
--
John H

John H. December 23rd 07 01:22 PM

Interested in starting your own worm farm or Catoba Worm Farm

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 07:48:21 -0500, Gene Kearns
wrote:

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 21:17:28 -0800 (PST), millard63 penned the
following well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

wrote:
[...]

I don't think I'd have any interest in a get rich scheme by a guy that
can even spell the name of his product. Sheesh....

I'd just like to see what the little suckers look like!
--
John H

*Have a Super Christmas and a Spectacular New Year!*

D.Duck December 23rd 07 01:30 PM

wrote:
[...]

Here's an early Christmas gift:

http://catawbaworms.com/

John H. December 23rd 07 01:57 PM

Interested in starting your own worm farm or Catoba Worm Farm

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 08:30:02 -0500, "D.Duck" wrote:

.. .

wrote:
[...]

Spelling. No wonder I couldn't find it. Hell, those things look like tent
caterpillars.

millard63 December 23rd 07 02:34 PM

Interested in starting your own worm farm or Catoba Worm Farm

wrote:
On Dec 22, 7:18*am, HK wrote:
millard63 wrote:
On Dec 21, 11:18 pm, HK wrote:
millard63 wrote:
[...]

What the heel is a catoba worm?- Hide quoted text -

catoba worms grow on catoba trees, it's funny looking long green and
black worm that looks like it has a stinger on it tail(but it's not
it's harmless)....I used to be afraid of them, many fishermen fish
with catoba worms if they can find someone with a catoba worm tree,
You probably havent herd of them because no one has taken the effort
to start a catoba worm farm. I am pretty sure but not totally sure
but I think they are often found in Tobacco fields as well.

millard63 December 23rd 07 02:35 PM

Interested in starting your own worm farm or Catoba Worm Farm

wrote:
[...]

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepagehttp://pamandgene.idleplay.net/* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguidehttp://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

---
Virus Database (VPS): 071222-0, 12/22/2007
Tested on: 12/23/2007 7:48:22 AM
avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2007 ALWIL Software.http://www.avast.com- Hide quoted text -

catoba worm is the correct spelling for catoba worms.......I just
think it would be a good idea for someone to have a farm of catoba
trees and start a catoba worm farm.

millard63 December 23rd 07 02:37 PM

wrote:

On Dec 22, 7:18*am, HK wrote:
millard63 wrote:
On Dec 21, 11:18 pm, HK wrote:
millard63 wrote:
[...]

John H- Hide quoted text -

millard63 December 23rd 07 02:38 PM

wrote:
[...]

my bad it's called catawba worms, anyone can make a mistake

John H. December 23rd 07 02:38 PM

Interested in starting your own worm farm or Catoba Worm Farm

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 06:35:22 -0800 (PST), millard63
wrote:

wrote:
[...]

I think I'd rather have a bloodworm tree farm.

millard63 December 23rd 07 02:47 PM

On Dec 23, 9:38*am, John H. wrote:
On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 06:35:22 -0800 (PST), millard63

wrote:

wrote:
[...]

*Have a Super Christmas and a Spectacular New Year!*- Hide quoted text -

that would work too

millard63 December 23rd 07 02:53 PM

On Dec 21, 11:14*pm, millard63 wrote:
http://catoba-worms.blogspot.comIf youre interested in starting your
own worm farm, or intersted in Catabo Worms check out this linkhttp://catoba-worms.blogspot.com. Please feel free to give any advice
on how I should go about starting out my new Catoba Worm Farm, and if
the people in this group think this is a good ideahttp://catoba-worms.blogspot.com
Check the link out the find out my plans, and or if youre intersted in
starting your own worm farm. *Theres a lot of money to be made in
worms, inparticulary Catoba Wormshttp://catoba-worms.blogspot.com

Sorry here is the right link spelled correctly

http://catawba-worms.blogspot.com

millard63 December 23rd 07 02:54 PM

On Dec 21, 11:39*pm, millard63 wrote:
On Dec 21, 11:18*pm, HK wrote:

millard63 wrote:
http://catoba-worms.blogspot.comIfyoure interested in starting your
own worm farm, or intersted in Catabo Worms check out this link
http://catoba-worms.blogspot.com. Please feel free to give any advice
on how I should go about starting out my new Catoba Worm Farm, and if
the people in this group think this is a good ideahttp://catoba-worms.blogspot.com
Check the link out the find out my plans, and or if youre intersted in
starting your own worm farm. *Theres a lot of money to be made in
worms, inparticulary Catoba Wormshttp://catoba-worms.blogspot.com

Finally, work suitable for retired Army colonels.

yes opening a Catoba Worm farm would definately be different and very
potentially profitable. *Think if you managed to get a Contract with
Wal-mart for Catoba Worms.....and so many boxes *Delivered. *Yes I
would say it would be a good thing for you.

http://catawba-worms.blogspot.com Here is the correct spelling for
Catawba worms...sorry about that

millard63 December 23rd 07 02:54 PM

http://catawba-worms.blogspot.com This is the correct spelling

[email protected] December 23rd 07 05:37 PM

On Sun, 23 Dec 07, millard63 wrote:
many fishermen fish
with catoba worms if they can find someone with a catoba worm tree

Mine seem to just sprout out of the ground and, if I don't run 'em
over with a mower, they grow into a bushy looking tree about 8'-10'
tall. I've never tried planting one myself but I've given seeds to
people that say they can use them. The seeds are in pods like a string
bean only bigger. Should be simple enough to just poke 'em in the
ground, stand back, and voila!

Rick

Calif Bill December 23rd 07 07:16 PM

"John H." wrote in message
On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 08:30:02 -0500, "D.Duck" wrote:

. ..

wrote:
[...]

Speaking of Tent Caterpillars. I remember lots of trees covered with them
inmy youth, but have not seen one for maybe 40 years. We sprayed enough to
kill them, to is it too warm for them now?

millard63 December 23rd 07 08:02 PM

On Dec 23, 12:37*pm, wrote:
On Sun, 23 Dec 07, millard63 wrote:
many fishermen fish
with catoba worms if they can find someone with a catoba worm tree

Mine seem to just sprout out of the ground and, if I don't run 'em
over with a mower, they grow into a bushy looking tree about 8'-10'
tall. I've never tried planting one myself but I've given seeds to
people that say they can use them. The seeds are in pods like a string
bean only bigger. Should be simple enough to just poke 'em in the
ground, stand back, and voila!

Rick

I suer would be intersted in maybe getting some of those catoba-worms
as the name suggest the spelling or catawba-worm seeds as it is
correctly called. Here are two links I put up both spelled
differently
http://catoba-worms.blogspot.com or http://catawba-worms.blogspot.com

millard63 December 23rd 07 08:03 PM

On Dec 23, 2:16*pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
"John H." wrote in message

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 08:30:02 -0500, "D.Duck" wrote:

. ..

wrote:
[...]

kill them, to is it too warm for them now?- Hide quoted text -

http://catawba-worms.blogspot.com I know there are places on the net
that you can order Catawba worms, but my goal (Hopefully one day) is
to have a Catawba worm farm, that produces enough Catawba Worms to
Supply Wal-Mart and other stores with an endless supply of the highly
sought after Catawba Worms. Just about any fish will eat a Catawba
worm, Bass, Crappie, Cat-Fish, Brim, etc. etc. etc.

Catawba worms are seasonal for one thing and unless you know someone
with a Catawba worm tree or find one in the wild, or order off the
internet, youre not ging to get any. My goal one day is to have a
hugh Catawba worm farm that produces millions of worms each year, that
can be packaged and then resold to the avid fishermen.

http://catawba-worms.blogspot.com For more information check out this
link, it also has a picture of what a Catawba worm looks like.

[email protected] December 23rd 07 10:46 PM

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 11:16:19 -0800, Calif Bill wrote:

Speaking of Tent Caterpillars. I remember lots of trees covered with
them inmy youth, but have not seen one for maybe 40 years. We sprayed
enough to kill them, to is it too warm for them now?

Can't speak to California caterpillars, but they are still out here in
the east. They are cyclical, though, and some years aren't as noticeable.

Short Wave Sportfishing December 23rd 07 10:55 PM

Interested in starting your own worm farm or Catoba Worm Farm

On Dec 21, 11:18*pm, HK wrote:

millard63 wrote:
[...]

Oh for pete's sake - it's called the Catalpa Sphinx Moth caterpillar.

Sheesh...

I've got a zillion of these damn things on a piece of property I own.
Never caught a damn thing with 'em.

millard63 December 23rd 07 11:39 PM

Interested in starting your own worm farm or Catoba Worm Farm

On Dec 21, 11:18*pm, HK wrote:

millard63 wrote:
[...]

Never caught a damn thing with 'em.- Hide quoted text -

you must be doing someting wrong fishing with them, because I know for
a fact that Catawba worms catch fish, I have used them in the past,
Catfish inparticular love them, and Robbin too. I usually just
squeeze them so they will put off a smell in the water, but allot of
people turn there catoba worm or Catawba worms inside out.

[email protected] December 24th 07 12:14 PM

millard63 wrote:
I suer would be intersted in maybe getting some of those catoba-worms
as the name suggest the spelling or catawba-worm seeds as it is
correctly called. Here are two links I put up both spelled
differently
http://catoba-worms.blogspot.com or http://catawba-worms.blogspot.com

I've heard of Catawba worms/trees my entire life but I don't think
I've ever seen it written down. And I'm from the Deep South so you
can't always go by the way things sound around here lol! But Catawba
looks the way it sounds, or with a mush mouth, maybe Catawpa. Emphasis
on the "aw".

If I recall, the seed pods develop in the summer. So if I can
remember, I'll mail you some.

Rick

[email protected] December 24th 07 12:18 PM

Interested in starting your own worm farm or Catoba Worm Farm

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
Never caught a damn thing with 'em.

Bream love 'em.
Not sure about anything else.

Rick

Short Wave Sportfishing December 24th 07 04:56 PM

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 06:14:39 -0600, lid wrote:

millard63 wrote:
I suer would be intersted in maybe getting some of those catoba-worms
as the name suggest the spelling or catawba-worm seeds as it is
correctly called. Here are two links I put up both spelled
differently
http://catoba-worms.blogspot.com or http://catawba-worms.blogspot.com

I've heard of Catawba worms/trees my entire life but I don't think
I've ever seen it written down. And I'm from the Deep South so you
can't always go by the way things sound around here lol! But Catawba
looks the way it sounds, or with a mush mouth, maybe Catawpa. Emphasis
on the "aw".

If I recall, the seed pods develop in the summer. So if I can
remember, I'll mail you some.

I have a piece of property that has about 60 of these damn trees -
major PIA.

He wants seed pods, I'll send him enough to start a damn forest. :)

Tim December 24th 07 05:58 PM

Interested in starting your own worm farm or Catoba Worm Farm

On Dec 24, 10:56*am, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 06:14:39 -0600, wrote:
millard63 wrote:
I suer would be intersted in maybe getting some of those catoba-worms
as the name suggest the spelling or catawba-worm seeds as it is
correctly called. *Here are two links I put up both spelled
differently
http://catoba-worms.blogspot.com* or *http://catawba-worms.blogspot.com

I've heard of Catawba worms/trees my entire life but I don't think
I've ever seen it written down. And I'm from the Deep South so you
can't always go by the way things sound around here lol! But Catawba
looks the way it sounds, or with a mush mouth, maybe Catawpa. Emphasis
on the "aw".

If I recall, the seed pods develop in the summer. So if I can
remember, I'll mail you some.

I have a piece of property that has about 60 of these damn trees -
major PIA.

He wants seed pods, I'll send him enough to start a damn forest. :)- Hide quoted text -

catalpa worms?

http://www.ag.auburn.edu/enpl/bullet...alpasphinx.htm

Tom you're right, they ARE a PITA!, they grow up faster'n maples, and
aren't good for much of anything modern.

Yeah, ship him enough to make a forest. i jsut cut down about 30 in my
dad's back yard , they were taking a good hold.

Tim December 24th 07 06:02 PM

On Dec 21, 10:14*pm, millard63 wrote:
http://catoba-worms.blogspot.comIf youre interested in starting your
own worm farm, or intersted in Catabo Worms check out this linkhttp://catoba-worms.blogspot.com. Please feel free to give any advice
on how I should go about starting out my new Catoba Worm Farm, and if
the people in this group think this is a good ideahttp://catoba-worms.blogspot.com
Check the link out the find out my plans, and or if youre intersted in
starting your own worm farm. *Theres a lot of money to be made in
worms, inparticulary Catoba Wormshttp://catoba-worms.blogspot.com

looks like somebody is selling them online...

http://www.goestores.com/catalog.asp...&DeptID=236404

millard63 December 24th 07 07:31 PM

On Dec 24, 7:14*am, wrote:
millard63 wrote:
I suer would be intersted in maybe getting some of those catoba-worms
as the name suggest the spelling or catawba-worm seeds as it is
correctly called. *Here are two links I put up both spelled
differently
http://catoba-worms.blogspot.com* or *http://catawba-worms.blogspot.com

I've heard of Catawba worms/trees my entire life but I don't think
I've ever seen it written down. And I'm from the Deep South so you
can't always go by the way things sound around here lol! But Catawba
looks the way it sounds, or with a mush mouth, maybe Catawpa. Emphasis
on the "aw".

If I recall, the seed pods develop in the summer. So if I can
remember, I'll mail you some.

Rick

that would be so nice, maybe we could work out some kind of deal where
I can purchase some from you

millard63 December 24th 07 07:32 PM

Interested in starting your own worm farm or Catoba Worm Farm

millard63 wrote:
[...]

please do, I would love to have some of the pod seeds...

millard63 December 24th 07 07:33 PM

On Dec 24, 1:02*pm, Tim wrote:
On Dec 21, 10:14*pm, millard63 wrote:

http://catoba-worms.blogspot.comIfyoure interested in starting your
own worm farm, or intersted in Catabo Worms check out this linkhttp://catoba-worms.blogspot.com. Please feel free to give any advice
on how I should go about starting out my new Catoba Worm Farm, and if
the people in this group think this is a good ideahttp://catoba-worms.blogspot.com
Check the link out the find out my plans, and or if youre intersted in
starting your own worm farm. *Theres a lot of money to be made in
worms, inparticulary Catoba Wormshttp://catoba-worms.blogspot.com

looks like somebody is selling them online...

http://www.goestores.com/catalog.asp...&DeptID=236404

yes but there can be more than one manufacturer of a product, wouldnt
you agree. How many different names of toilet paper are there out
there, "just an example"

[email protected] December 24th 07 08:23 PM

On Mon, 24 Dec 07, millard63 wrote:
maybe we could work out some kind of deal where
I can purchase some from you

No purchase necessary. They'll easily fit in an envelope. Next time I
see 'em pop out, I'll just drop some in the mail. It won't be until
next summer though. I'll get your address then if you're still
interested.

Rick

millard63 December 25th 07 01:11 AM

On Dec 24, 3:23*pm, wrote:
On Mon, 24 Dec 07, millard63 wrote:
maybe we could work out some kind of deal where
I can purchase some from you

No purchase necessary. They'll easily fit in an envelope. Next time I
see 'em pop out, I'll just drop some in the mail. It won't be until
next summer though. I'll get your address then if you're still
interested.

Rick

I sure would be interested, you can send them to 21541 Crawford lake
rd, Laurel Hill, NC 28351. You know if you dont forget when the time
comes, and if my empire is successful, I will cut you in on 15% of the
business,.......You never know I might go platinum with this Catawa
Worm Farm. I will just need a big contract... "YA Just never know
about what a person can do"