Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Playing with a Macro Extension Lens...

Last year I bought a macro tube for my Oly and never used it for one
reason or another. Being bored today, I went out and took some shots
with it.

All the images are as shot - the only "edit" was a conversion to .jpg
so it could be viewed by others. All were shot in ORF (raw). If
anybody wants the RAW files to play around with, let me know and I'll
up load the RAW file for download.

This is what happens when you don't pay attention to the meter, ISO,
shutter speed and what ever else. It would have been a good one.

http://www.swsports.org/Photography/...5_edited-1.jpg

This was just an experiment to get used to the macro tube.

http://www.swsports.org/Photography/...7_edited-1.jpg

I was quite surprized at the detail you can get.

http://www.swsports.org/Photography/...8_edited-1.jpg

This is one of those "baffling" images with some interesting side
effects from the ice that I didn't anticipate. It's a very different
image.

http://www.swsports.org/Photography/...9_edited-1.jpg

There is a considerable amount of noise in this image which I can't
explain - it should not have happened given how I set it up.

http://www.swsports.org/Photography/...4_edited-1.jpg

This is the same image (taken as a bracket) and not retouched. Go
figure.

http://www.swsports.org/Photography/...5_edited-1.jpg

Just messing around.

http://www.swsports.org/Photography/...6_edited-1.jpg

I have to get used to a whole different approach to depth of field
with the macro tube. This is a good image, the idea was good, but the
execution leaves a lot to be desired.

http://www.swsports.org/Photography/...3_edited-1.jpg

Serendipity - I really like this image - anybody guess why?

http://www.swsports.org/Photography/...8_edited-1.jpg

The macro tube tends to work differently even with the same settings,
distance and subject. Weird.

http://www.swsports.org/Photography/...1_edited-1.jpg

I'm slowly getting used to the tube. I have to do a little more
reading on the subject tonight and head out tomorrow for more images.

http://www.swsports.org/Photography/...1_edited-1.jpg

FA Wesbar Trailer Light Lens jamesgangnc General 0 October 23rd 07 01:33 AM
New Lens! Capt. Rob ASA 30 May 1st 06 01:01 PM
Some macro stuff...// Dry groceries for the boat [email protected] General 2 April 18th 06 06:18 AM
Hatch Lens JR Gilbreath ASA 71 March 9th 05 10:02 PM