Default Getting in the spirit ...

You wouldn't happen to have a MIDI controller? :)

Somewhere I have a cheap midi event controller that I was fooling around
with in Florida.
I think it only has three triac outputs that you can wire to lights or other
low powered devices.

It's pretty cool, as you can assign a midi "event" on one or more of 16
tracks to pulse a set of lights on or off and sync it to any one of the
music tracks. It would run straight off the computer or from the midi thru
port on a keyboard.

These people doing the light displays spent a lot of time programming the
sequence.

Eisboch

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 02:24:01 -0500, "Eisboch"

.. .

You wouldn't happen to have a MIDI controller? :)

Somewhere I have a cheap midi event controller that I was fooling around
with in Florida.
I think it only has three triac outputs that you can wire to lights or other
low powered devices.

It's pretty cool, as you can assign a midi "event" on one or more of 16
tracks to pulse a set of lights on or off and sync it to any one of the
music tracks. It would run straight off the computer or from the midi thru
port on a keyboard.

I'll have to look it up, but I think the Lindsay's use a computer MIDI
something or other to a solid state powered relay bank. As I
understand it, the timing is more precise that way.

These people doing the light displays spent a lot of time programming the
sequence.

I saw an interview on the 2005 Lindsay Lights. The older of the two
said that they started programming in September as they were
installing the lights and finished in November - right before the
first show.

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
[...]

In 2003 it took them 30 hrs to program, in 2006 it was 60 hrs

John H. wrote:
On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 21:15:45 -0500, HK wrote:

Wayne.B wrote:
On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 18:37:04 -0500, " JimH" ask wrote:

Colored spotlights, inflatable figures, plastic candy canes............the
list is endless! ;-)

Neon palm trees and flamingos are very popular here in south Florida.

(not home yet but making good progress)

One of the aspects of Florida I enjoyed the most when I lived there was
the absolute tastelessness on exhibit almost everywhere. I happened to
be in one dipstick Florida town one holiday season and got to see its
annual Christmas parade, in which the various fundie church
congregations ran floats depicting the crucifixion. Yes, they had live
guys up there on the cross. Well, gag me with a spoon.

Harry, I was raised Roman Catholic, have been to many religious festivals
and parades, and have lived all over this country and several different
parts of the world. I've never seen or heard of a live person displayed on
a cross, except at Oberammergau, Germany.

In the past couple weeks you've described two such incidents.

Remarkable.

It is done in Latin communities and is hundreds of years old, it
definitely is not a fundie type thing. My guess is Harry saw a photo of
it, and really didn't understand what it was, and just guessed that it
was a fundie thing.

"John H." wrote in message
news

Interesting. I lived for three years in Puerto Rico. Must have just missed
it.

Where and when?

I was stationed at Fort Allen (the Navy's only "|Fort") in Ponce. I think
it was from about 1972 to 1974 or thereabouts.

Eisboch

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 06:54:13 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
wrote:

[...]

Didn't know that.

Thanks.

Wayne.B wrote:
[...]

I know Harry wouldn't lie or anything, but I did find it remarkable.
--
John H

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 07:36:04 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
news

Interesting. I lived for three years in Puerto Rico. Must have just missed
it.

Where and when?

I was stationed at Fort Allen (the Navy's only "|Fort") in Ponce. I think
it was from about 1972 to 1974 or thereabouts.

Eisboch

I was at Ramey AFB from 1951-1954. We lived in Isabella for a couple years
and then moved on base when quarters became available. Ponce rings a bell,
but I can't remember why. Maybe it was a place to visit as a tourist. Our
big treat was going to the beach at Aguadilla. Once we moved on base, the
big treat was being awakened by B-36's taking off! Noisy buggers!
--
John H

Kareela Spirit MWB[_2_] Tall Ship Photos 2 July 9th 07 03:37 AM
Scotia Spirit MWB[_2_] Tall Ship Photos 0 April 4th 07 07:06 PM
Spirit/NA 23 Mindprobe Boat Building 0 September 1st 04 04:11 PM
Spirit Bertie the Bunyip ASA 0 September 27th 03 05:54 AM