Default Deep frying a turkey

I was half thinking of trying to cook a deep fried turkey this year, just
for something different.

Until I came upon this, that is ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqemKVTf_38

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
I was half thinking of trying to cook a deep fried turkey this year, just
for something different.

Until I came upon this, that is ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqemKVTf_38

Eisboch

Too redneck for me. We prefer baked, in the oven, with the perfume of
the baking bird filling the house.

"HK" wrote in message
. ..
Eisboch wrote:
I was half thinking of trying to cook a deep fried turkey this year, just
for something different.

Until I came upon this, that is ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqemKVTf_38

Eisboch

Too redneck for me. We prefer baked, in the oven, with the perfume of the
baking bird filling the house.

I like turkey and eat it often. There's a turkey farm not far from our
house and I usually buy a turkey roast once a week. The white meat is an
excellent meal choice when dieting (minus the gravy of course). When I was
dieting last winter a few slices of turkey breast and a vegetable like
asparagus tips was a great, low calorie meal.

All our kids and their families will be here tomorrow ... eight adults
(including MrsE. and I) and five grandkids. JimH would love it.

Eisboch (waiting for the "you are what you eat" comments)

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"HK" wrote in message
. ..
Eisboch wrote:
I was half thinking of trying to cook a deep fried turkey this year,
just for something different.

Until I came upon this, that is ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqemKVTf_38

Eisboch

Too redneck for me. We prefer baked, in the oven, with the perfume of
the baking bird filling the house.

I like turkey and eat it often. There's a turkey farm not far from our
house and I usually buy a turkey roast once a week. The white meat is
an excellent meal choice when dieting (minus the gravy of course).
When I was dieting last winter a few slices of turkey breast and a
vegetable like asparagus tips was a great, low calorie meal.

All our kids and their families will be here tomorrow ... eight adults
(including MrsE. and I) and five grandkids. JimH would love it.

Eisboch (waiting for the "you are what you eat" comments)

Don't be frightened. Exercise a little caution, follow the instructions,
it will work fine.

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 23:09:54 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

All our kids and their families will be here tomorrow ... eight adults
(including MrsE. and I) and five grandkids. JimH would love it.

Well, no grandkids, but three w/spouses and a contingent from the sub
base - three "squids". The State Trooper is busy today and can't make
it. :)

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
Eisboch wrote:
I was half thinking of trying to cook a deep fried turkey this year, just
for something different.

Until I came upon this, that is ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqemKVTf_38

Eisboch

Too redneck for me. We prefer baked, in the oven, with the perfume of the
baking bird filling the house.

I like turkey and eat it often. There's a turkey farm not far from our
house and I usually buy a turkey roast once a week. The white meat is an
excellent meal choice when dieting (minus the gravy of course). When I was
dieting last winter a few slices of turkey breast and a vegetable like
asparagus tips was a great, low calorie meal.

All our kids and their families will be here tomorrow ... eight adults
(including MrsE. and I) and five grandkids. JimH would love it.

Eisboch (waiting for the "you are what you eat" comments)

Nah. I like turkey, too, though I prefer the dark meat.

"HK" wrote in message
. ..
Eisboch wrote:
I was half thinking of trying to cook a deep fried turkey this year, just
for something different.

Until I came upon this, that is ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqemKVTf_38

Eisboch

Too redneck for me. We prefer baked, in the oven, with the perfume of the
baking bird filling the house.

Yes...oven cooked is the only way we'd even consider cooking our turkey.
Who comes up with these whacko ideas anyway?

"Don White" wrote in message

Yes...oven cooked is the only way we'd even consider cooking our turkey.

I guess you've never had one slow cooked over lump charcoal and apple wood.

On Nov 22, 8:37 am, "BillP" wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

Yes...oven cooked is the only way we'd even consider cooking our turkey.

I guess you've never had one slow cooked over lump charcoal and apple wood.

Oh, hell......we actually agree on something, sigh.....
Senior Member

On Nov 22, 6:00 pm, wrote:
On Nov 22, 8:37 am, "BillP" wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message

.. .

Yes...oven cooked is the only way we'd even consider cooking our turkey.

I guess you've never had one slow cooked over lump charcoal and apple wood.

Oh, hell......we actually agree on something, sigh.....

Yeah, you been doing that a lot lately and it just ain't right man,
kinda' creepy...

Turkey Oil Strainer Jack Redington General 142 December 6th 06 04:49 PM
Turkey Day Eisboch General 7 November 28th 06 03:19 AM
Turkey! Joe ASA 22 November 27th 05 02:28 AM
Turkey Dave Manby General 1 May 2nd 04 11:46 PM
Turkey Dave Manby UK Paddle 0 April 26th 04 10:46 AM