Default Handy accessory for 2 stroke

Dropped into our local Vespa scooter shop this afternoon and picked up a '2%
oil mix cup'.
Overpriced at $6.88 + tax and somewhat cheaply made plastic (had to smooth a
few sharp edges with emery cloth), this cup is very handy for quick oil/gas
ratio mixing.
It is marked for the metric system, US measurements and the old Imperial
system. note: geared for 50:1 mix
Although the new Vespas are 4 stroke, the counter guy told me all the old 2
stroke scooter owners have this cup.

HK HK is offline

Don White wrote:
Dropped into our local Vespa scooter shop this afternoon and picked up a '2%
oil mix cup'.
Overpriced at $6.88 + tax and somewhat cheaply made plastic (had to smooth a
few sharp edges with emery cloth), this cup is very handy for quick oil/gas
ratio mixing.
It is marked for the metric system, US measurements and the old Imperial
system. note: geared for 50:1 mix
Although the new Vespas are 4 stroke, the counter guy told me all the old 2
stroke scooter owners have this cup.

Man, I haven't seen a VESPA in years. Glad they're still making them.

wrote in message
On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 22:42:19 -0400, "Don White"
wrote:

Dropped into our local Vespa scooter shop this afternoon and picked up a
'2%
oil mix cup'.
Overpriced at $6.88 + tax and somewhat cheaply made plastic (had to smooth
few sharp edges with emery cloth), this cup is very handy for quick
oil/gas
ratio mixing.
It is marked for the metric system, US measurements and the old Imperial
system. note: geared for 50:1 mix
Although the new Vespas are 4 stroke, the counter guy told me all the old
2
stroke scooter owners have this cup.

I thought everyone just used an empty 16oz Busch can. ;-)
Close enough for a 6 gallon tank.

This one is fool proof.... even the Dingy Dans of the world couldn't screw
it up. ;-)
On the metric scale...you see a one liter mark... 2 liter mark all the way
up to 5 liters.
As long as you know much gas you pumped into the can, you fill the oil to
the corresponding mark.
No guesswork, and because the cup is tall for it's width, it should be easy
to accurately pour the correct amount of oil into it.

HK HK is offline

wrote:

[...]

Mildly connected...I checked out a couple of VESPAS on the company site
and was horrified to see a couple of $5000+ scooters. Scooters! You
gotta be nuts to pay that kinda money for a motor scooter. And who the
hell would want to go 60 mph on a motor scooter?

Someone has brought back the Lambretta name: www.lambrettausa.com

Whoever is doing this has a line of two cycle scooters at around $2000
that top end at 30 mph, which is about as fast as a scooter oughta go.
HK HK is offline

JimH wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
wrote:

[...]

When we bought one for my son we paid around a grand for it.......and it was
used. He sold it for the same price.

It was fun to ride.

That's what I remember about them. And not that fast, either.

"HK" wrote in message
wrote:

[...]

That has been my thought. The guy asked me if I owned a Vespa. I said no,
but asked a few questions out of curiosity.
I commented that the 250cc models with their almost $6K asking price seemed
steep and a traditional motorcycle could be purchased for that amount.
I also asked about the stability of the machines at speed. he said that
because the center of gravity was low on the scooters, they were more stable
than a motorcycle. I think I'd rather go with a 600cc Honda Shadow or
similar bike.

HK HK is offline

Don White wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
wrote:

[...]

Absolutely. A motorcycle, dangerous as it is, is far safer than a
scooter, especially a 60 mph scooter.

"HK" wrote in message
JimH wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
wrote:

[...]

Years ago, there was movie of the motor scooter races on the Isle of Mann
during the TT races. Fantastic video. They are racing the Vespa's, etc
like a trail bike. Getting air offroad, etc. Would like to get a copy of
that movie on CD.

On Fri, 16 Nov 07, "Don White" wrote:
Dropped into our local Vespa scooter shop this afternoon and picked up a '2%
oil mix cup'.
Overpriced at $6.88 + tax and somewhat cheaply made plastic (had to smooth a
few sharp edges with emery cloth), this cup is very handy for quick oil/gas
ratio mixing.
It is marked for the metric system, US measurements and the old Imperial
system. note: geared for 50:1 mix

Unless you just prefer to support your local merchants, you can get a
pretty nifty oil mixing bottle at Walmart for $2.17. I couldn't find
it on the Walmart site but the brand is "Sea Sense" and I just saw a
whole bin full of them at our Walmart store. I've used similar bottles
for years. It's marked with several different ratios, 50:1 is one of
them, and it's idiot proof.
Here's a link to it on the Sea Sense site:

http://tinylink.com/?emCkrguAPz

Rick
Dan Dan is offline

wrote:

[...]

YOU bought the $7.00 cup, bozo, because it was "fool proof". That says
a lot. Leave me out of your stupid purchases.

-dk

Best Boating Accessory of 2007 Harry Krause General 3 February 28th 07 11:11 AM
Boat Cover Accessory Bryan General 2 October 30th 05 05:28 PM
Boating accessory: Chimney starter Doug Kanter General 18 August 4th 04 03:11 PM
Laptop Accessory Glen \Wiley\ Wilson Electronics 1 December 31st 03 08:03 PM