Default Todays' boat project

"Reginald P. Smithers III" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
Getting ready for winter.

Originally this cabinet housed an old fashioned CRT type television. It

was
situated too low to view comfortably from the couch on the other side of

the
boat.

I replaced it with the flat screen on top of the counter. The closed

side
of the cabinet now houses new surround sound audio equipment.

This question was, what to put in the side that used to contain the
television.

The solution:

http://www.eisboch.com/fireplace.jpg

It's powered by it's own, dedicated 15 amp electrical service and

breaker.

Eisboch

Does that actually put out heat, or is it just for show?

It puts out heat .... two settings ... 800 watts and 1500 watts.
Good for taking the morning and evening chill out of that section of the
boat.

I still can run the reverse cycle heat pumps. They won't be winterized
until the first extended hard freeze is forecast. There's four of them in
the boat and they keep the boat nice and warm until the ocean water temp
gets too cold. Right now I only use two of them ... one in the pilothouse
and the one in the main stateroom at night.

The people that live on that "Red Nek Bot Klub" use their reverse cycle heat
pump all winter ... they don't winterize it at all.

Right now it is 36 degrees outside. Inside the boat it's a comfortable 68
degrees.

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:

Getting ready for winter.

Originally this cabinet housed an old fashioned CRT type television. It

was
situated too low to view comfortably from the couch on the other side of

the
boat.

I replaced it with the flat screen on top of the counter. The closed

side
of the cabinet now houses new surround sound audio equipment.

This question was, what to put in the side that used to contain the
television.

The solution:

http://www.eisboch.com/fireplace.jpg

It's powered by it's own, dedicated 15 amp electrical service and

breaker.
Eisboch

Get yourself one of these:

http://tinyurl.com/32x8aq

"HK" wrote in message
. ..
Eisboch wrote:

[...]

Sorta looks like a Boom Box.

Eisboch

"HK" wrote in message
. ..

Get yourself one of these:

http://tinyurl.com/32x8aq

How about this one?

http://freshome.com/wp-content/uploa...let-house2.jpg

Eisboch
HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
Get yourself one of these:

http://tinyurl.com/32x8aq

How about this one?

http://freshome.com/wp-content/uploa...let-house2.jpg

Eisboch

Hey! The one I posted floats....

"JimH" ask wrote in message

Get rid of the front feet on the thing.

http://www.eisboch.com/fireplace3.jpg

Eisboch
HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"JimH" ask wrote in message

Get rid of the front feet on the thing.

http://www.eisboch.com/fireplace3.jpg

Eisboch

Where's Sam A.? Shouldn't he be on the rug in front of the fireplace?

"HK" wrote in message
. ..
Eisboch wrote:
"JimH" ask wrote in message

Get rid of the front feet on the thing.

http://www.eisboch.com/fireplace3.jpg

Eisboch

Where's Sam A.? Shouldn't he be on the rug in front of the fireplace?

I just received marching orders from Mrs.E.

From now on, whenever I go to the boat, Sam Adams goes with me.

I guess Sam in addition to two other dogs and three horses are too much for
her...

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
Eisboch wrote:
"JimH" ask wrote in message
Get rid of the front feet on the thing.

http://www.eisboch.com/fireplace3.jpg

Eisboch

Where's Sam A.? Shouldn't he be on the rug in front of the fireplace?

I just received marching orders from Mrs.E.

From now on, whenever I go to the boat, Sam Adams goes with me.

I guess Sam in addition to two other dogs and three horses are too much for
her...

Eisboch

Well, good. That dog needs to be out and about, and serving as boat
watch dog.