Default 50 hp Mercury Outboard

I went out on the Columbia river today after Salmon and noticed that the
tachometer was not functioning. The outboard is a 1995 Mercury.
When I turn on the ignition key, the needle on the Tach snaps to 0 but it
just stays there after the motor starts.
After doing a little searching on the internet, I am forming an opinion that
if the tach is not working, it usually means the rectifier is faulty.
Does a 1995 mercury outboard have a rectifier? I went to the parts express
and couldn't find one.
Obviously, I am no expert on outboard engines so I am coming to this group
in hopes of getting some information from someone who is.

Thanks in advance.
Don

fyi...I got skunked....no fish today

"BruceM" wrote in
:

More than likely the wire has fallen off or bad connection. I'd

be
checking it for continuity first.
One should be "live" while one should be "sender".

Spray WD-40 into all the plugs and plug them in and out 20 times
each. It's corroded up....cheap crap.

Larry
--
You can tell there's extremely
intelligent life in the universe

Mercury 9.8 HP 110 outboard Randy General 3 August 31st 07 03:07 PM
FS: Mercury 2.5HP Outboard in NY Bobsprit Marketplace 2 May 30th 04 01:46 PM
FS: NEW MERCURY 25 OUTBOARD IN MA cohenandy Marketplace 0 March 12th 04 06:18 PM
Age of Mercury outboard Sam General 6 March 11th 04 09:35 AM
Age of old mercury outboard Anders General 3 July 29th 03 01:04 PM