Default New Triumph Video

Not sure if you guys saw the video Triumph did last year when they
pulled the boat on the ground but they just did another one and it's
even funnier. Those guys do some crazy stuff. You can check it out
he

www.toughboats.com

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 08:06:36 -0700, wrote:

Not sure if you guys saw the video Triumph did last year when they
pulled the boat on the ground but they just did another one and it's
even funnier. Those guys do some crazy stuff. You can check it out
he

www.toughboats.com

ROTFL!!!

Ok, I'll give them that one. :)

On Sep 18, 8:06?am, wrote:
Not sure if you guys saw the video Triumph did last year when they
pulled the boat on the ground but they just did another one and it's
even funnier. Those guys do some crazy stuff. You can check it out
he

www.toughboats.com

That is a funny video.

And I'm convinced. If I need to buy a boat to drop off the back of a
speeding semi, bounce off a few trees, or fling off a 100-foot cliff
into a lake below it will be a Triumph. Not so sure it will plane
well, track well, ride reasonably dry, maintain the cosmetic integrity
of the finish, or do any of the other things one would appreciate in a
boat of that type, but who cares if you can bounce it off of trees and
semis? :-)

It reminds me of the stunt that Boston Whaler pulls every few years-
they saw a boat in half athwartship and then motor back to the dock in
the half with the engines attached. Boston Whaler builds a pretty
decent boat and they don't *have* to resort to that sort of gimmick-
but I suppose it gets the attention of folks who otherwise wouldn't
take time to consider the brand before buying something similar
elsewhere.

Chuck Gould wrote:
On Sep 18, 8:06?am, wrote:
Not sure if you guys saw the video Triumph did last year when they
pulled the boat on the ground but they just did another one and it's
even funnier. Those guys do some crazy stuff. You can check it out
he

www.toughboats.com

That is a funny video.

And I'm convinced. If I need to buy a boat to drop off the back of a
speeding semi, bounce off a few trees, or fling off a 100-foot cliff
into a lake below it will be a Triumph. Not so sure it will plane
well, track well, ride reasonably dry, maintain the cosmetic integrity
of the finish, or do any of the other things one would appreciate in a
boat of that type, but who cares if you can bounce it off of trees and
semis? :-)

I wonder if anyone in rec.boats has actually seen a Triumph a few years
old and can testify about the boats appearance and handling.

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 11:39:20 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
wrote:

Chuck Gould wrote:
On Sep 18, 8:06?am, wrote:
[...]

Ahem...

As I have stated in the past, they are tough. There are concerns
about UV damage over the long term, but so far, it's been good.

As to looks after a few years - they get dirty fast and are hard to
clean.

wrote:

Chuck Gould wrote:
On Sep 18, 8:06?am, wrote:
[...]

SWF,
You have to excuse me, when I go out of town, or send the weekend at the
lake, I always just hit the "catch up" button, so I might missed a few
hundred posts for every day I don't look at rec.boats. The past few
weekends, I have been spending 2 or 3 nights on the water. This is
really my favorite time of the year. Well this and the spring time,
but then again, early summer isn't bad. But late July and August are
really too damn hot. Must be global warming.

HK HK is offline

wrote:
Not sure if you guys saw the video Triumph did last year when they
pulled the boat on the ground but they just did another one and it's
even funnier. Those guys do some crazy stuff. You can check it out
he

www.toughboats.com

The only one of these boats I've seen in recent years is (or was)
sitting on a trailer in front of a second-street beach house in
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland, with a for-sale sign on it.

It is an ugly boat, and when you get up close, it looks as if it has
some sort of skin disease.

So, I suppose I understand the stupid commercials.

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 12:25:03 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
wrote:

This is really my favorite time of the year.

Totally agree. I love it this time of year.

Espiecally out on Narraganset Bay - it's absoutely gorgeous out there
- nice crisp temperature, blue skies...beautiful.

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 12:45:07 -0400, HK wrote:

wrote:
Not sure if you guys saw the video Triumph did last year when they
pulled the boat on the ground but they just did another one and it's
even funnier. Those guys do some crazy stuff. You can check it out
he

www.toughboats.com

The only one of these boats I've seen in recent years is (or was)
sitting on a trailer in front of a second-street beach house in
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland, with a for-sale sign on it.

It is an ugly boat, and when you get up close, it looks as if it has
some sort of skin disease.

So, I suppose I understand the stupid commercials.

I blame Canada.

Or Climate Change.

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 08:06:36 -0700, wrote:

Not sure if you guys saw the video Triumph did last year when they
pulled the boat on the ground but they just did another one and it's
even funnier. Those guys do some crazy stuff. You can check it out
he

www.toughboats.com

Very good!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been told by a dealer that Triumphs are
made of the same material as Tupperware. I believe it.

hilarious triumph video [email protected] Boat Building 1 November 2nd 06 07:50 AM
hilarious triumph video [email protected] General 4 October 26th 06 10:23 PM
triumph dingys Florida Keyz Cruising 4 April 5th 04 10:13 PM
Triumph Your Name General 4 January 28th 04 12:09 PM