Default YO! Dan!

Don't know if you remember this, but it looks like a Key West may be in my
future!

********************
On Sun, 06 May 2007 18:01:52 -0400, Dan wrote:

John,

SWS picked two of my favorites for a boat that size. Another is the Key
West - also very good build quality. The Makos seem overpriced and
there has been a lot of talk here that the quality is not the same as
when they were made in FL before Johnny Morris bought them.

Of course a local dealer is important as is the motor selection for a
particular brand.

http://www.keywestboatsinc.com/boats/186cc.html

Dan

*******************************

Thanks for the tip. You'll notice the transom is not cut out, but I'm
hoping the 12 rod holding/storage capacity will make up for that.
--
John H
Dan Dan is offline

John H. wrote:
Don't know if you remember this, but it looks like a Key West may be in my
future!

********************
On Sun, 06 May 2007 18:01:52 -0400, Dan wrote:

John,

SWS picked two of my favorites for a boat that size. Another is the Key
West - also very good build quality. The Makos seem overpriced and
there has been a lot of talk here that the quality is not the same as
when they were made in FL before Johnny Morris bought them.

Of course a local dealer is important as is the motor selection for a
particular brand.

http://www.keywestboatsinc.com/boats/186cc.html

Dan

*******************************

Thanks for the tip. You'll notice the transom is not cut out, but I'm
hoping the 12 rod holding/storage capacity will make up for that.

The build quality seems to be excellent. There are a lot of them here
and I've talked to owners at the gas pump and the marinas without any
complaints. The transom configuration might save you quite a bit on
your insurance!

Dan

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 20:23:52 -0400, Dan intrceptor@gmaildotcom wrote:

John H. wrote:
[...]

It may be too late. I'm thinking of getting a chain saw and modifying the
transom. It all depends on whether my wife can hold the engine. Tom says
she could definitely hold an Etec.
--
John H
Dan Dan is offline

John H. wrote:
[...]

Before you sign on the dotted line make sure they throw in rod holders
glued to a cooler. No holes unless you decide later that holes are the
way to go with some obscure fastener.
Dan Dan is offline

John H. wrote:

John H. wrote:
[...]

I'll already have places for 12 damn rods! Hell, with six for trolling and
six for light tackle work, I'll be rodded out. But, now that I know holes
are permissable, maybe I can put eight more on the coolers. Yes! Twenty
rods on my boat!

Just drill some 1-1/4" holes directly into the top of the cooler with a
hole saw. Coolers are cheap and replaceable, of course. Alternatively
you can poll the newsgroup looking for attention.

John H. wrote:
[...]

Hell, I could then fill the cooler with concrete, and the rods would never
come loose!
--
John H
Dan Dan is offline

John H. wrote:
[...]

Better get with Kevin on the correct mix.