Default Can't get top speed out of F16xr2

I've got a 1997 Sea Rayder F16xr2 that I can only get about 42 mph out
of. The motor was rebuilt about 20 hours ago. It's a 2-cycle motor and
was converted to a non-oil injection system since that is what killed
the motor. It has 2 fuel filters one is before the oil would have
mixed and the other is after it would've been mixed. It also has 2
fuel pumps it has an electric one before the oil would've mixed and a
mechanical one that was connected to the oil injector system. It runs
up to about 4800 rpm fine and if you go above that at all it starts
bucking like it's being starved.

When we first got the boat back it was a monster and that was with the
oil to fuel ratio doubled for the break in period. But it had water in
the tank from the wonderful boat shop we brought it to doing a half-
ass job on the boat. Sutton Marina in Flowery Branch, Ga also wouldn't
honor their warranty.

"AWantz" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

If the getting the same RPM's as before, your wear ring is bad or a dinged
impeller.

On Aug 22, 11:44?am, AWantz wrote:
[...]

It ended up being the mechanical fuel pump that was restricting the
rpm's. I've torn the jet drive nozzle assembly down and the wear ring
has a washed out spot in it could that be the speed problem??