Default An interesting video on pickup truck box bounce

Chevy Silverado v. Toyota Tundra v. Ford F-150

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zShwG...33643p1%2Ehtml

http://tinyurl.com/24exwz

On Thu, 2 Aug 2007 18:01:30 -0400, "JimH" ask wrote:

Chevy Silverado v. Toyota Tundra v. Ford F-150

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zShwG...33643p1%2Ehtml

http://tinyurl.com/24exwz

FORD RULES!!!

WHOO HOO!!!

wrote in message
On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 22:57:25 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing

wrote:

On Thu, 2 Aug 2007 18:01:30 -0400, "JimH" ask wrote:

Chevy Silverado v. Toyota Tundra v. Ford F-150

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zShwG...33643p1%2Ehtml

http://tinyurl.com/24exwz

FORD RULES!!!

WHOO HOO!!!

Anybody with a socket wrench and five minutes could easily reverse the
outcome
of that dummied up test.

When Ford's start regularly going 200,000+ miles without anything besides
minor
routine maintenance, please let me know. That is NOT their present
reputation.

What exactly does pickup box bounce indicate, anyway? Maybe Ford needs to
do
some homework. It may be an advantage for the mighty oak tree to sway in
the
wind, rather than standing firm and breaking. Most competent engineers
know
that.

You must be a Tundra owner. ;-)

On Thu, 2 Aug 2007 19:23:33 -0400, "JimH" ask wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

Of course he is - it's pretty obvious.

He'd rather pay $47,000 for a Tundra that will shake it'self apart
than a Ford which at $34,000 won't.

Heh, heh, heh...

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

Tell you what old bean - I've owned Fords since college - 40 years
ago. All of them went over 150,000 with nary a hitch.

Sucker this, Barnum Boy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyC6v...elated&search=

-;

wrote in message
On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 23:27:02 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing

wrote:

[...]

You are wrong on all counts. I don't own a Tundra. However Fords do not
have a
very good reputation for living a long life without major repairs. They
are
crap, plain and simple. Is the Toyota perfect? Far from it. It's still a
hell of
a lot better than any current Ford. To compare them for quality is
laughable.

Really laughable. Total cost of ownership from beginning to end of usable
life
makes the Toyota half the price of the Ford or better. You are a sucker
for
initial low price. PT Barnum knew all about you..

We own a Toyota Highlander and could not be happier with it. Does that
mean the Tundra is of equal quality? Hmm.......

I will be purchasing a pickup in the near future and have narrowed my choice
to the three that were tested in the link I orignally provided. I am not a
Dodge or Nissan fan.

I thought the bed stability test was a good example of the finish quality
between these 3 trucks and was a start for me to compare the 3. Whether
or not a simple tightening of nuts with a socket wrench can fix the problem
highlighted by the test is debatable at this point..........the main point
is that the trucks were tested as rolled out by the factories.

I know brand loyalty is important to some...........I am looking to move
past that.

Perhaps this thread can result in some unbiased reviews based on experiences
with the Ford F-150, Chevy Silveraldo and Toyota Tundra.

Heck, reviews of the Dodge Ram and Nissan Titan pickups are also welcome.
;-)

"JimH" ask wrote in message
Heck, reviews of the Dodge Ram and Nissan Titan pickups are also
welcome. ;-)

I have a 1996 Dodge with somewhere around 206000 on it.
John

You want a review of the Ram... ok.

My 1st in 1984 (1/2 ton, 2wd) went 130,000 with nothing other than an
electronic ignition module that went bad at about 50,000. I replaced it with
a standard vacuum advance, and it was good 'till I traded it on a 1990 (3/4
ton, 4wd). The 1990 had the tranny go south at 60,000 but was replaced under
warantee, and was problem free till I traded it on a '95 at about 100k. The
'95 (3/4 ton, 4wd, extended cab) was absolutely problem free until I traded
it on my current Dodge... an '03. The '95 had about 150k on it at the time.
So far, the '03 (3/4 ton, 4wd, crew cab, hemi) has not had a single problem
other than normal stuff (brakes, tune-up, etc) as with the other trucks.
I've only got about 50k on it right now. Until Dodge gives me a reason to go
elsewhere, it's the truck for me.

--Mike