Senior Member

Default Hey Don!

Yup, went fishin' again this morning with my dog and guitar. Woke up
about 7 am, decided to go, turned the truck around, hooked up, grabbed
the battery, gas, a blueberry muffin, and some bait, on the water
about 8:15. Kind of weird morning, heavy fog but I could tell it was
going to break. Headed for Mashapaug again, today looking for lunker
trout, deep. Got one nice brown, listened to a lot of music, stopped
at an island with the dog and played the sicks strings. Stayed out
about an hour later than I wanted, but it was nice and the sun was
shining. On the way in the throttle let go and I was stuck in an idle.
Had to stick my hand in and hold the throttle open to get in, but it
was not a big problem at that point. Home by 1 am to have a nice day
with the family and I used about a 1/4 cup of gas for the morning.

Going to have to see if I can find a new part tomorrow, should not
cost more than 10 bucks, not bad for my first repair of the year.
Anyway, like I said before, and as Harry has figured out, the smaller
the boat, the more you use it, especially if your partner is leaning
toward less water time, and you are just left to fish with your four
legged friend.

Senior Member

On Jul 29, 5:38 pm, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

Wimp... :)- -

Yeah, I know, kicking myself last night.

Did you get the new boat home? Gonna tow it around with the Ferd?

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Yup..... the whole key is getting lots of use.
The ramps are crappy up here... even the good ones don't have a floating
dock close enough that a solo sailor can walk the boat off a trailer with
fore & aft lines.
This whole coastal region is geared to keel boats at yacht & boat clubs.
I'm gonna take a serious look at some of the aluminum boats during our boat
show in February... & our Outdoor Show the month before.
To get the wife on I'll need to make that modest open boat look a bit like a
speedboat.

Senior Member

On Jul 29, 5:50 pm, "Don White" wrote:

Yup..... the whole key is getting lots of use.
The ramps are crappy up here... even the good ones don't have a floating
dock close enough that a solo sailor can walk the boat off a trailer with
fore & aft lines.
This whole coastal region is geared to keel boats at yacht & boat clubs.
I'm gonna take a serious look at some of the aluminum boats during our boat
show in February... & our Outdoor Show the month before.
To get the wife on I'll need to make that modest open boat look a bit like a
speedboat.--

Docks? We don't need no stinkin' docks! Only Mashapaug has a dock, the
rest you have to tie to whatever or just pull it up on the sand. Most
of the launches however are pretty decent, cement, room to move, etc.
With my boat it doesn't really matter though, 3/4" ply bottom, with
2x6 skids. Some of the Islands and pull-in's I do with mine, I would
probably not want to do with an aluminum, or even plastic. I just park
mine on the rocks or tie it to the bank and let it bang around. :-)