Default prop selection

Hello all. I'm looking for some advice on selecting a new prop fpr my boat.

Hydra sports 212WA - 2915 dry weight 85 gallon tank
2004 Yamaha F 150 TXRC with alum 14 1/2 x 17 prop
Recommended WOT RPM = 4500-5500

My WOT RPM now is 5000. The alum prop has a chip out of it about half the
size of a dime (not sure what that affects). My gas mpg seems low.

I'd like to change to a SS prop but I'm not sure what size to get. Any help
would be great.

Thanks a bunch,
Barb

--

Please visit us at:

www.testprepnj.com

You may want to go down an inch or two on the pitch, as the SS prop won't
flex like an aluminum one does. You should consult your local prop master
and he can give you all the ins and outs of switching to stainless. Also
check out the FAQ's at www.midwestpropeller.com

--
Steve Barker

wrote in message
. ..
Hello all. I'm looking for some advice on selecting a new prop fpr my
boat.

Hydra sports 212WA - 2915 dry weight 85 gallon tank
2004 Yamaha F 150 TXRC with alum 14 1/2 x 17 prop
Recommended WOT RPM = 4500-5500

My WOT RPM now is 5000. The alum prop has a chip out of it about half the
size of a dime (not sure what that affects). My gas mpg seems low.

I'd like to change to a SS prop but I'm not sure what size to get. Any
help would be great.

Thanks a bunch,
Barb

--

Please visit us at:

www.testprepnj.com

Unlubberizing the Single Screw Inboard, Part II Chuck Gould General 10 October 13th 06 10:36 PM
Changing Prop inwater. (lessons learned) Steve Cruising 3 May 2nd 05 12:08 AM
Prop selection? KØHB General 0 April 8th 05 10:52 PM
Stainless Prop selection question Christopher Rugg General 2 April 12th 04 09:13 PM
Prop selection Glenn Ashmore Boat Building 3 November 9th 03 12:06 PM