Default GPS problems

I inherited a Hummingbird Matrix 97 GPS unit with the boat we just
purchased, and all seems well with it except for one thing - the
screen has a sickly looking pink cast to it, in place of the white
that should be there. If I tilt it back far enough the pink
practically disappears, but who wants to ride around with a GPS
heavily tilted back! I didn't pay it much mind at the time I bought
the boat as I thought it could be easily corrected with on board
controls. All of the actual functions worked fine when I tested it.

The former owner of the boat told me he only installed it about 5
months ago, so I'm guessing it should still be covered by a warranty -
if not I'm up for $250 to have a new screen put in place.

Has anyone else had this experience with a pink tint, particularly on
the Hummingbird range of GPS units? I tried resetting it to factory
defaults, but it had no effect. Odd that this should happen to a
practically new unit. I emailed the previous owner to find out from
him how long it's been like this, and am awaiting a reply.

Dan Dan is offline

timW wrote:
[...]

Try an email to Humminbird support. There is a link he

http://humminbird.com/flashHome.asp?ID=2

On Jul 1, 3:14 pm, timW wrote:
[...]

Tim, it sounds like one, or both, of the polarizers in the LCD are
damaged, probably from excessive exposure to sunlight. If this is the
problem, their's nothing you can do for it, as the polarizes are
laminated to the LCD.

John

E-Tec problems ksmith1 General 5 November 11th 06 06:39 AM
E-Tec problems ksmith1 General 0 November 11th 06 12:04 AM
e-tec problems thunder General 15 November 2nd 06 01:07 AM
E-Tec problems series 2 K. Smith General 50 June 25th 06 09:00 PM
4-stroke Yamaha engine problems (major) mijoy General 13 August 5th 04 12:52 AM