Default Inboard in salt water

"JamesE" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks for the replies. I think I will try to sell the trailer and
buy a galvanized one since the salt water will ruin the trailer and
then it won't be worth anything. So I will see if anyone buys this
trailer and if not I will just use it as long as possible.

I did just that last year....expensive but necessary here on the North
Atlantic.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ersbrdbow2.jpg

Don White wrote:
"JamesE" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks for the replies. I think I will try to sell the trailer and
buy a galvanized one since the salt water will ruin the trailer and
then it won't be worth anything. So I will see if anyone buys this
trailer and if not I will just use it as long as possible.

I did just that last year....expensive but necessary here on the North
Atlantic.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ersbrdbow2.jpg

I am curious, what makes the North Atlantic any different than any body
of salt water? I would recommend a galvanized trailer if you use the
boat in salt or brackish water.
Dan Dan is offline

Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:
Don White wrote:
"JamesE" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks for the replies. I think I will try to sell the trailer and
buy a galvanized one since the salt water will ruin the trailer and
then it won't be worth anything. So I will see if anyone buys this
trailer and if not I will just use it as long as possible.

I did just that last year....expensive but necessary here on the North
Atlantic.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ersbrdbow2.jpg

I am curious, what makes the North Atlantic any different than any body
of salt water? I would recommend a galvanized trailer if you use the
boat in salt or brackish water.

I would recommend an aluminum trailer. The zinc on a galvanized trailer
is sacrificial and will rust like a painted trailer - just later. Even
aluminum trailers have some galvanized parts so a fresh water rinse is
still very important.

Dan
den den is offline

On Jul 2, 10:27 am, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
wrote:
Don White wrote:

snip/snip
I am curious, what makes the North Atlantic any different than any body
of salt water? I would recommend a galvanized trailer if you use the
boat in salt or brackish water.

It ain't any different.

I got a recovery, launch, recovery out of a small tin sailboat
trailer. Folded it up, and put it in the dumpster at Mission Bay San
Diego. oops hope the park ranger isn't one of the police on this site.
I was a little bit nervous towing a boat using a tailer made out of
paint! Chip away all the paint that is peeling, as the salt loves to
jam into any tight spaces, and do its' thing. I have seen tin trailers
where the spring bunks, and trailer frame were expanded to about twice
the thickness with salt pox. It is worth saving up for a decent
galvanized trailer, or? Check into POR15 www.por15store.com This
could be a real challenge for them. I used the mrep, and silver to
seal the 200 gal diesel tanks after sandblasting, and etching.
I didn't see a size for your boat, but maybe get a trailer that is a
little larger??, just for future planning.
Is the Ski Nautique inboard fresh water cooled?, or not. Cast iron
exhaust manifolds have a life clock, and so do the risers. Take home
and FLUSH FLUSH FLUSH! Then flush it. To hell with the neighbors!
Just spent 5 min checking to see what i wrote. I am tired! a 70 year
old guy body surfing at Seal Beach today must have been a funny sight.
Have fun with it if you decide on it.