Default Sea Tow

What do they consider your home range or what ever their term is when
you trailer vice dock your boat?
John

you trailer vice dock your boat?

What on earth does this mean?

Senior Member

On Jun 26, 11:09 am, "Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute"
wrote:
In ooglegroups.com,
Corsair23 sprach forth the following:

you trailer vice dock your boat?

What on earth does this mean?

That you shouldn't post after 32 jello shots.

I think you mean "respond" after 32 jello shots. It's simple, he wants
to know how sea tow determines your home range if you trailer your
boat to different launches as opposed to someone who has a slip.
Geeze.

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 10:41:46 -0400, "Midlant"
wrote:

What do they consider your home range or what ever their term is when
you trailer vice dock your boat?

There isn't any "home range" per se. There is an area they consider
to be your primary operating area, but if you trailer your boat to
another area where Sea//Tow service is available, then your membership
covers you the same as if you were at home.

For example, I'm listed as Narragansett Bay which is where I mostly
operate to/from, but my Ranger is trailered and it could be just as
easily Marblehead, MA or Stonington/Niantic/Greenwich, CT.

As long as there is Sea//Tow service, and you are a member, you are
covered.

I'm not sure what they do in out of service areas - if their insurance
covers a tow in that situation. I'll have to look at my paperwork.

I've been very happy with Sea//Tow - then again, I've never had to use
them. :)

wrote:

[...]

I have always said the cost of Sea/Tow is cheap insurance to insure you
won't have to use them.

"Corsair23" wrote in message
oups.com...

you trailer vice dock your boat?

What on earth does this mean?

A dictionary is your friend.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=vice

It's uncommon, but you can use the word 'vice' to mean 'instead of'.
Might've been clearer just to ask it that way...

wrote:

What do they consider your home range or what ever their term is when
you trailer vice dock your boat?

There isn't any "home range" per se. There is an area they consider
to be your primary operating area, but if you trailer your boat to
another area where Sea//Tow service is available, then your membership
covers you the same as if you were at home.

For example, I'm listed as Narragansett Bay which is where I mostly
operate to/from, but my Ranger is trailered and it could be just as
easily Marblehead, MA or Stonington/Niantic/Greenwich, CT.

As long as there is Sea//Tow service, and you are a member, you are
covered.

I'm not sure what they do in out of service areas - if their insurance
covers a tow in that situation. I'll have to look at my paperwork.

I've been very happy with Sea//Tow - then again, I've never had to use

Thank you.
I wasn't sure how they regulated it. I checked their site several times.
I live in Chesapeake, but will trailer to Norfolk of Va Beach, all the
same area pretty much. At some point, instead of wasting all my gas to
get across to the Eastern Shore, I'd like to trailer over there and ramp
from there.
I'd hate to need service and them say I'm out of my area (Chesapeake).
John

them. :)

On Jun 26, 9:39 pm, "Bill Kearney" wkearney-99@hot-mail-com wrote:
"Corsair23" wrote in message

oups.com...

you trailer vice dock your boat?

What on earth does this mean?

A dictionary is your friend.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=vice

It's uncommon, but you can use the word 'vice' to mean 'instead of'.
Might've been clearer just to ask it that way...

Why couldnt he have said "trailer verses docking"... Had me
thinking ...I've never heard that term.It wouldnt be in the dictionary
either (the phrase "trailer vice docking" )....try again.