posted to alt.sailing

Default Cheoy Lee 33

Hi.
I am interested in buying a Cheoy Lee 33.
Is there anyone who owns or has sailed them.
I know it's a blue water boat so it won't be as fast as the Ericson 35 I
sail on that my friend owns. I own a Irwin 25 so I am use to 4-5 knot
sailing too lol. But what i am looking for is how does she sail. I am use
to the sloop rig so a ketch with 2 head sails is going to be a new ball of
wax for me. But i am not a stranger to tacking a head sail with an inner
forstay.
Also any prepurchase advice to look out for would be great too. I know look
out for soft decks on them since all that teak is there screwed down.How
about those wooden spared. what is the best way to take care of them. keep
up with varnishing every year or is clear alwgrip a good way to go? Etc.

thanks for any input