BoatBanter.com

-   -   Kitchen Carpentry 101 (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/81451-kitchen-carpentry-101-a.html)

HK June 9th 07 05:49 PM

Kitchen Carpentry 101

Hey! Finally finished up my kitchenette/home office project.
Did all the work EXCEPT installing countertops and pulling three new
20-amp circuits from the breaker box to the dishwasher, disposal and
microwave.

Not bad for a beginner, even if I say so myself.

I have one cabinet left over. Weird.

http://tinyurl.com/2rbk5h

http://tinyurl.com/36o3fv

I guess I could build a boat. :}

John H. June 9th 07 08:17 PM

Kitchen Carpentry 101

On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 12:49:25 -0400, HK wrote:

Hey! Finally finished up my kitchenette/home office project.
Did all the work EXCEPT installing countertops and pulling three new
20-amp circuits from the breaker box to the dishwasher, disposal and
microwave.

Not bad for a beginner, even if I say so myself.

I have one cabinet left over. Weird.

http://tinyurl.com/2rbk5h

http://tinyurl.com/36o3fv

I guess I could build a boat. :}

Next week I'm getting a colonoscopy. I'm wondering if I should post
pictures. Any ideas?

JR North June 9th 07 08:31 PM

Kitchen Carpentry 101

You'll be amazed haw much better your small appliances work when drawing
straight from the panel on dedicated circuits, instead of daisy chained
on one common feed. Rewired my kitchen outlets this way, and the
difference in performance was more than *just* noticeable.
JR

JimH June 9th 07 10:09 PM

Kitchen Carpentry 101

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 14:17:56 -0500, John H. penned the following well
considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 12:49:25 -0400, HK wrote:

Hey! Finally finished up my kitchenette/home office project.
Did all the work EXCEPT installing countertops and pulling three new
20-amp circuits from the breaker box to the dishwasher, disposal and
microwave.

Not bad for a beginner, even if I say so myself.

I have one cabinet left over. Weird.

http://tinyurl.com/2rbk5h

http://tinyurl.com/36o3fv

I guess I could build a boat. :}

Next week I'm getting a colonoscopy. I'm wondering if I should post
pictures. Any ideas?

Well, if you are trying to emulate Harry, you could, but only if you
perform the work yourself....

I'd just skip the whole thing.....

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepage
http://pamandgene.idleplay.net/

Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000748-2, 06/09/2007
Tested on: 6/9/2007 3:51:15 PM

John is whining again? Why am I not surprised?

Before he was in my bozo bin I remember him posting picture after picture
here (none having anything to do with boats) and now he whines when someone
else does the same thing.

Double standards strike again.

BTW: Nice job Harry. I believe John is just jealous.

Short Wave Sportfishing June 9th 07 11:34 PM

Kitchen Carpentry 101

On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 12:49:25 -0400, HK wrote:

Not bad for a beginner, even if I say so myself.

Not too shabby.

Looks great.

HK June 9th 07 11:41 PM

Kitchen Carpentry 101

Jim wrote:
Home office or illegal apartment? Either way, nice job.
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
Hey! Finally finished up my kitchenette/home office project.
Did all the work EXCEPT installing countertops and pulling three new
20-amp circuits from the breaker box to the dishwasher, disposal and
microwave.

Not bad for a beginner, even if I say so myself.

I have one cabinet left over. Weird.

http://tinyurl.com/2rbk5h

http://tinyurl.com/36o3fv

I guess I could build a boat. :}

Thanks. I've never really done anything like it before.

HK June 9th 07 11:43 PM

Kitchen Carpentry 101

HK wrote:
Hey! Finally finished up my kitchenette/home office project.
Did all the work EXCEPT installing countertops and pulling three new
20-amp circuits from the breaker box to the dishwasher, disposal and
microwave.

Not bad for a beginner, even if I say so myself.

I have one cabinet left over. Weird.

http://tinyurl.com/2rbk5h

http://tinyurl.com/36o3fv

I guess I could build a boat. :}

The electrician pointed that out. He was amazing. He pulled the wires
through a ceiling fixture and got them to the panel, which was 40' away,
without having to cut any holes except where the wires were coming out
for the new kitchen, and then only because a steel beam was in the way.

HK June 9th 07 11:43 PM

Kitchen Carpentry 101

Gene Kearns wrote:
On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 14:17:56 -0500, John H. penned the following well
considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 12:49:25 -0400, HK wrote:

Hey! Finally finished up my kitchenette/home office project.
Did all the work EXCEPT installing countertops and pulling three new
20-amp circuits from the breaker box to the dishwasher, disposal and
microwave.

Not bad for a beginner, even if I say so myself.

I have one cabinet left over. Weird.

http://tinyurl.com/2rbk5h

http://tinyurl.com/36o3fv

I guess I could build a boat. :}

Next week I'm getting a colonoscopy. I'm wondering if I should post
pictures. Any ideas?

Well, if you are trying to emulate Harry, you could, but only if you
perform the work yourself....

I'd just skip the whole thing.....

And after all this time, I was convinced Herring was "the" perfect
assh*le.

HK June 9th 07 11:45 PM

Kitchen Carpentry 101

Jim wrote:
Home office or illegal apartment? Either way, nice job.
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
Hey! Finally finished up my kitchenette/home office project.
Did all the work EXCEPT installing countertops and pulling three new
20-amp circuits from the breaker box to the dishwasher, disposal and
microwave.

Not bad for a beginner, even if I say so myself.

I have one cabinet left over. Weird.

http://tinyurl.com/2rbk5h

http://tinyurl.com/36o3fv

I guess I could build a boat. :}

It's a home away from home for wayward Victoria's Secret models.

[email protected] June 10th 07 12:39 AM

Kitchen Carpentry 101

On Jun 9, 12:49 pm, HK wrote:
Hey! Finally finished up my kitchenette/home office project.
Did all the work EXCEPT installing countertops and pulling three new
20-amp circuits from the breaker box to the dishwasher, disposal and
microwave.

Not bad for a beginner, even if I say so myself.

I have one cabinet left over. Weird.

http://tinyurl.com/2rbk5h

http://tinyurl.com/36o3fv

I guess I could build a boat. :}

If you build it from a box, it has to be a Bolger ;)

Dan June 10th 07 12:40 AM

Kitchen Carpentry 101

HK wrote:
Hey! Finally finished up my kitchenette/home office project.
Did all the work EXCEPT installing countertops and pulling three new
20-amp circuits from the breaker box to the dishwasher, disposal and
microwave.

Not bad for a beginner, even if I say so myself.

I have one cabinet left over. Weird.

http://tinyurl.com/2rbk5h

http://tinyurl.com/36o3fv

I guess I could build a boat. :}

The narcissist continues his saga...

Dan June 10th 07 12:43 AM

Kitchen Carpentry 101

HK wrote:
Hey! Finally finished up my kitchenette/home office project.
Did all the work EXCEPT installing countertops and pulling three new
20-amp circuits from the breaker box to the dishwasher, disposal and
microwave.

Not bad for a beginner, even if I say so myself.

I have one cabinet left over. Weird.

http://tinyurl.com/2rbk5h

http://tinyurl.com/36o3fv

I guess I could build a boat. :}

Sure. Like any of those appliances draw 2000+ watts each. I really
hope you are joking.

JR North June 10th 07 01:04 AM

Kitchen Carpentry 101

What's your problem, anyway? CPS calling and knocking on your door again?
JR

Dan wrote:
Drivel...

JR North June 10th 07 01:43 AM

Kitchen Carpentry 101

Nice, cozy kitchenette. Even looks a little marine-ish. It really needs
copper outlet and switch plates to finish it off.
JR

HK June 10th 07 01:46 AM

Kitchen Carpentry 101

JR North wrote:
What's your problem, anyway? CPS calling and knocking on your door again?
JR

Dan wrote:
Drivel...

"Dan," "Charley Morgan," and a few others are competitors in the Fox
NoNews Network's "Ranking Assh*les of the World" contest. The winner is
determined by how many bozo bins they get themselves filtered into, and
first prize is a shower with Bill O'Reilly and a loofah.

Don White June 10th 07 02:22 AM

Kitchen Carpentry 101

"John H." wrote in message

Harry, like Reggie said, "Without your bozo bin, you'd have nothing to
talk
about." (Except for your kitchen, of course.) Shoot, some people may even
believe you *do* have others filtered. But, they just don't know you very
well, do they?

....and to think I was criticized a day ago for not saying anything nice to
anyone in 3 months.
I'd better send that poster a new pair of spectacles so he can keep an eye
on you.

HK June 10th 07 02:30 AM

Kitchen Carpentry 101

Don White wrote:
"John H." wrote in message
Harry, like Reggie said, "Without your bozo bin, you'd have nothing to
talk
about." (Except for your kitchen, of course.) Shoot, some people may even
believe you *do* have others filtered. But, they just don't know you very
well, do they?

...and to think I was criticized a day ago for not saying anything nice to
anyone in 3 months.
I'd better send that poster a new pair of spectacles so he can keep an eye
on you.

I thought Herring was moving to South Carolina so he could be a year
around caddy?

Don White June 10th 07 02:47 AM

Kitchen Carpentry 101

"HK" wrote in message
. ..
Don White wrote:
"John H." wrote in message
Harry, like Reggie said, "Without your bozo bin, you'd have nothing to
talk
about." (Except for your kitchen, of course.) Shoot, some people may
even
believe you *do* have others filtered. But, they just don't know you
very
well, do they?

...and to think I was criticized a day ago for not saying anything nice
to anyone in 3 months.
I'd better send that poster a new pair of spectacles so he can keep an
eye on you.

I thought Herring was moving to South Carolina so he could be a year
around caddy?

I heard he couldn't keep track of the stroke count and was deemed unfit..

HK June 10th 07 02:49 AM

Kitchen Carpentry 101

Don White wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
Don White wrote:
"John H." wrote in message
Harry, like Reggie said, "Without your bozo bin, you'd have nothing to
talk
about." (Except for your kitchen, of course.) Shoot, some people may
even
believe you *do* have others filtered. But, they just don't know you
very
well, do they?

...and to think I was criticized a day ago for not saying anything nice
to anyone in 3 months.
I'd better send that poster a new pair of spectacles so he can keep an
eye on you.

I thought Herring was moving to South Carolina so he could be a year
around caddy?

I heard he couldn't keep track of the stroke count and was deemed unfit..

Well, I'm sure he's qualified to pick up dropped bars of soap in the
men's showers.

JimH June 10th 07 02:50 AM

Kitchen Carpentry 101

"HK" wrote in message
. ..
Don White wrote:
"John H." wrote in message
Harry, like Reggie said, "Without your bozo bin, you'd have nothing to
talk
about." (Except for your kitchen, of course.) Shoot, some people may
even
believe you *do* have others filtered. But, they just don't know you
very
well, do they?

...and to think I was criticized a day ago for not saying anything nice
to anyone in 3 months.
I'd better send that poster a new pair of spectacles so he can keep an
eye on you.

I thought Herring was moving to South Carolina so he could be a year
around caddy?

He did admit he is now is now cleaning members balls voluntarily at his
local golf course to pay for his tee time. He also bragged about his
purchase of a women's fluffy white Olympic winter hat.

Fluffy white hats.........cleaning balls..........

Make your own decision. ;-)

BAR June 10th 07 04:18 AM

Kitchen Carpentry 101

HK wrote:
Hey! Finally finished up my kitchenette/home office project.
Did all the work EXCEPT installing countertops and pulling three new
20-amp circuits from the breaker box to the dishwasher, disposal and
microwave.

Not bad for a beginner, even if I say so myself.

I have one cabinet left over. Weird.

http://tinyurl.com/2rbk5h

http://tinyurl.com/36o3fv

I guess I could build a boat. :}

Cozy = no.

Institutional = yes.

Calif Bill June 10th 07 04:44 AM

Kitchen Carpentry 101

"HK" wrote in message
. ..
Don White wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
Don White wrote:
"John H." wrote in message
Harry, like Reggie said, "Without your bozo bin, you'd have nothing to
talk
about." (Except for your kitchen, of course.) Shoot, some people may
even
believe you *do* have others filtered. But, they just don't know you
very
well, do they?

...and to think I was criticized a day ago for not saying anything nice
to anyone in 3 months.
I'd better send that poster a new pair of spectacles so he can keep an
eye on you.

I thought Herring was moving to South Carolina so he could be a year
around caddy?

I heard he couldn't keep track of the stroke count and was deemed unfit..

Well, I'm sure he's qualified to pick up dropped bars of soap in the men's
showers.

You seem to have a vast knowledge of such things.

Calif Bill June 10th 07 04:49 AM

Kitchen Carpentry 101

On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 12:49:25 -0400, HK wrote:

Not bad for a beginner, even if I say so myself.

Not too shabby.

Looks great.

Seems as if the cabinet or the part under it over the refrigerator is askew.
And why didn't you get an under cabinet microwave? They have built in
filters for recirculating the air from the fan. And if it is your office or
hideaway, I would think you fit in well in San Francisco with those tea cups
and pitchers on the dustcatcher shelves.

Calif Bill June 10th 07 04:51 AM

Kitchen Carpentry 101

"HK" wrote in message
. ..

HK wrote:
Hey! Finally finished up my kitchenette/home office project.
Did all the work EXCEPT installing countertops and pulling three new
20-amp circuits from the breaker box to the dishwasher, disposal and
microwave.

Not bad for a beginner, even if I say so myself.

I have one cabinet left over. Weird.

http://tinyurl.com/2rbk5h

http://tinyurl.com/36o3fv

I guess I could build a boat. :}

There's an idea.

And may not meet code. Most places now require a florescent light fixture
for the main light.

John H. June 10th 07 11:09 AM

Kitchen Carpentry 101

On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 22:22:37 -0300, "Don White"
wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
.. .

Harry, like Reggie said, "Without your bozo bin, you'd have nothing to
talk
about." (Except for your kitchen, of course.) Shoot, some people may even
believe you *do* have others filtered. But, they just don't know you very
well, do they?

...and to think I was criticized a day ago for not saying anything nice to
anyone in 3 months.
I'd better send that poster a new pair of spectacles so he can keep an eye
on you.

Uh, Donnie. I suppose you missed the 'assholes' Harry was throwing around?
If you're trying out to be sheriff, you've gotta swing both ways! (JImH
will understand that one.)

John H. June 10th 07 11:11 AM

Kitchen Carpentry 101

On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 21:50:02 -0400, "JimH" wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
"John H." wrote in message
[...]

Harry with assholes and bending over in showers, Jimmy with his fixation on
anything he considers gay. It do make one wonder!

HK June 10th 07 01:00 PM

Kitchen Carpentry 101

Calif Bill wrote:
On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 12:49:25 -0400, HK wrote:

Not bad for a beginner, even if I say so myself.

Not too shabby.

Looks great.

Seems as if the cabinet or the part under it over the refrigerator is askew.
And why didn't you get an under cabinet microwave? They have built in
filters for recirculating the air from the fan. And if it is your office or
hideaway, I would think you fit in well in San Francisco with those tea cups
and pitchers on the dustcatcher shelves.

Either your eyes are askew or you are not used to the distortion a
semiwide angle lens can impart to angles. I didn't get an undercounter
microwave because I didn't want one. How's that? The "tea cups and
pitchers" are part of my wife's collection of whatever the hell that
stuff is called.

Now, you can get back to your day job of painting garages.

HK June 10th 07 01:00 PM

Kitchen Carpentry 101

Calif Bill wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..

HK wrote:
Hey! Finally finished up my kitchenette/home office project.
Did all the work EXCEPT installing countertops and pulling three new
20-amp circuits from the breaker box to the dishwasher, disposal and
microwave.

Not bad for a beginner, even if I say so myself.

I have one cabinet left over. Weird.

http://tinyurl.com/2rbk5h

http://tinyurl.com/36o3fv

I guess I could build a boat. :}

There's an idea.

And may not meet code. Most places now require a florescent light fixture
for the main light.

D'oh. Not here, garagepainterman.

Reginald P. Smithers III June 10th 07 01:09 PM

Kitchen Carpentry 101

HK wrote:
Calif Bill wrote:
[...]

Harry,
Ignore Bill, He just doesn't appreciate your retro double wide decor. I
think the posters pinned to the wall look great.

Don White June 10th 07 01:44 PM

Kitchen Carpentry 101

"John H." wrote in message

snip..
** If you're trying out to be sheriff, you've gotta swing both ways!**

snip..

My oh my! You've got a future in standup comedy. I assume you mean a
sheriff should be fair to both sides...........

Don White June 10th 07 01:45 PM

Kitchen Carpentry 101

"HK" wrote in message
Calif Bill wrote:
[...]

Bill get a promotion? Good for him.

HK June 10th 07 01:47 PM

Kitchen Carpentry 101

Don White wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
Calif Bill wrote:
[...]

It allows him to drink in the great outdoors.

Calif Bill June 10th 07 07:48 PM

Kitchen Carpentry 101

"HK" wrote in message
Calif Bill wrote:
[...]

I do lots of stuff, but painting is not one of them, except for SWMBO. Look
over the refrigerator and that is not wide angle lens distortion. Is a
brown wood that is closer than on the other end.

Calif Bill June 10th 07 07:49 PM

Kitchen Carpentry 101

"Don White" wrote in message

"HK" wrote in message
Calif Bill wrote:
[...]

I can afford better than a cheapo lease Ranger in my retirement. Maybe you
needed better skills.