Rob

Default purchasing a Bayliner 3058 any advice???

I'm thinking of purchasing a 1992 Bayliner 3058
has 475 hours on it very clean, with twin 305's.
Nice size family boat I think. Any pros & cons that I should be aware of.
Any help would be great thanks.

Rob.

Junior Member

Location: Bellingham, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
I'm thinking of purchasing a 1992 Bayliner 3058
has 475 hours on it very clean, with twin 305's.
Nice size family boat I think. Any pros & cons that I should be aware of.
Any help would be great thanks.

Rob.
Rob-
I just had one surveyed and, although I haven't gotten together with the surveyor for the full briefing, in our short phone conversation he expressed some concerns over flexing of the fiberglass below the waterline where the forward bulkhead meets the hull. This was apparent from some stress fractures in the fiberglass.

It was not the bulkhead separating from the hull apparently, but the hull flexing around the bulkhead.

His concern was the relatively low hours of the boat (400). He thinks that a boat with this few hours shouldn't have the hull flexing in that area so much, and coupled with Bayliner's reputation of building things a bit thin, he is concerned with what that area will look like at 1000 hours.

The other things he found were minor, a leak in the chain locker, window caulking failure in a few areas, some blisters, minor outdrive maintenance, etc...

The only thing that could be a deal breaker was this hull issue, and because I have yet to sit down with him and get the full report I'm not sure the seriousness of the issues.

Sorry this is so late in responding. How is your purchase or hunt for a new boat going? I love the layout of the 3058 for our small family and the extended weekend cruises we normally take.

Good luck!

Randy
tonnarra

Hi

did you buy this bayliner 3058 boat ?
I have a similar one but with twin diesel and runs ok

regards

Mezri